Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Solar´

=]????[=
Dec 5, 2003
Belgium
Well, I really like the first one and had high hopes for this sequel. I watched it yesterday in the theaters ... Again the effects were very nice and the action also (expcept for the end where some things are just nog logic and out off proportion ... ) You can clearly notice that they aimed for a younger audience this time, wich kinda sux ... The sotry line itself is bad, but the robots make up for it, for the most ... the ending is not good imo and some things just take too long ( a certain search for a certain something/someone and getting it/him ot somewhere :P ... don't want to spoil it for those who want to see it )

All in all I think Michael Bay should get his act back together, I think he missed something :P but hey, the man loves to blow shit up, everywhere :P

Also seen it 2 days ago, okish movie, storyline sucked, realism sucked. The main guy should have been dead around 10 times at least.
The last 30 minutes they didnt say a single word, it was only explosions and robots, which was pretty cool.

If you like a mindless explosion zerg, this is your movie!

seen it yesterday @ IMAX, which was pretty cool!

but the movie dissappointed me in several ways..

First of all. If you're gonna include several archeological sites like Petra in Jordan and the Piramides in Gizeh at least use a sense of realism in your storyline. It's not like they are 5 minutes away from eachother..

The difference between the decepticons was really hard to see. They all had a brownish greyish color. It was hard to see the difference between starscream and other decepticons for example. (in robot form)

Megan Fox's acting sucked! Although she looked pretty ;)

There was a lack of personality in the robots imho. You couldnt really distinguish there eyes and faces from the rest of the bodies. So it was hard to connect with them.

but it sure was an enjoyable popcorn movie and therefor

6/10

I'm a fan of Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer movies, so I think no matter how many negative critics I will read, I'd still like the movie. Think I'm going to watch it in theatres 2morrow, lets see.

I liked it! Not as good as the first one but it was good! I'm going to see it again tomorrow. Can't wait!

imo the first one was very good... those special effects were awesome.
for example for every ut or q3 player this must be one of the best scenes of all time :D
edit: correct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukyaca62H9o&fmt=18
( old link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6iKWZfpx8&fmt=18 )

this one was still good imo. the goofs section on imdb is funny though... aren't there any ppl taking care of that stuff? i think there was a lack of communication during production :D

maybe i got that wrong... but when megatron catches sam and lets the doctor thingy put shit into sam's mouth... sam is rescued by megatron and bumblebee, right?? and then bumblebee drives sam and mikaela away, right? but then sam is seen running away from decepticons on his own with optimus coming to save him? and then minutes later bumblebee arrives?

oh and I hope I am not the only one thinking that megan fox' lips are over the top?? and then the glossy lipstick in addition? and to me she seems to show her lips off at the end of every second scene... sigh... she was perfect in transfomers but now she just looks like another doll :(

Last edited:
those special effects were awesome.

They would have been if the cameraman wasnt such a pathetic noob. Maybe this cam shaking and shit is "in" these days but why spend a good bit of 100 million dollars for special effects and cgi if you hardly got the time to look at them? Why design every bit of mechanic if you just see it flashing through the cameras eye in a fraction of a second? Its pure optical overkill. More effects and colours and everything then you could actualy activly assimilate. Most modern "blockbusters" have that problem imo. But since transformers had not much else then the effects and cgi I dont consider it a realy good movie.

Iron man for exsample didnt do the same mistake. You have mechanic/tech stuff as well but you realy could see all details without the pause button and the suit/armour actualy looked like it was heavy and bulky and not made of some cheap plastic...

EDIT: Sorry Taki, but this modern cam shake and "place more boom and stuff per second per cm² of the screen" trend is pissing me off for a while now and now you finaly made me post my oppinion :P I admit its kinda good popcorn cinema but still not a good movie ;)

Last edited:
i think it was not thaaat bad in transformers. speed 2 was bad :D

but i gotta admit that if i could tell them what to change, then i'd say they should 'place the camera a few meters further away from the action' during the robot fights.

oh and btw the 'terminator 3 sequence' in this movie was lolig :F

Yeah in the first one, the Decepticon going through the bus is just awsome :D Same goes for the Scorpion comming out off the sand.

Yeah Hardcore, It happens a few time in the film that 'cars' just dissapear and reappear, bit confusing sometimes.