Ti 4200 driver

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jwer_NL

***YODA***
Oct 18, 2001
GRUN OWNS
Gonna re-install my comp and would like to start with a decent driver for my MSI GF4 Ti 4200 128MB

What drivers are people using for it? what would be best...

best drivers for Geforce4 (and older) is the Detonator 43.45.
With that version the G4 runs faster than with the 5x.xx versions.

best for GeforceFX are the newest ;).

heared often enough people using older drivers for older cards, not that weird of question i asked...

I'll try the newest if they fuck up i'll just run driver detonator and run one of the older ones...

anything from 5x.xx on in the detonator series is designed (read: optimised) for GeForce FX / GeForce 6 cards. With a 4200 like you (and I as well, btw) have, you should go with the 45.xx or 44.xx drivers from nVidia OR you get the latest 4x.xx build of the Omega drivers, like AnthraX suggested. The Omegas are much better IMO.

First installed the newest NVidia drivers and UT jerked like hell, then used the omega drivers and now it runs great in UT2k4....

UT99 however is a bit juddery sometimes, and when i checked my fps went over my monitor refresh rate. I had this before and i solved it by capping the fps to the refresh rate by enabling/disabling Vsync in the preferences menu. But with these new drivers it doesn't matter what it's on, it always increases over the refresh rate and judders....

The option is Vsync rite? and anyone know how to solve it and cap it for UT99 to the refresh rate of the monitor?

look in the gfx settings.. advanced then summat, aint used nvidia drivers for a while, but there should be something about vsync for opengl/d3d, make sure its not set to always off ;)

yes Vsync. it sync ur monitor refresh rate with the fps.

dunno about the Omega drivers, but in the Detonator/Forceware drivers you've to check if you activate the right driver options. You can override the game settings by those driver settings.

first pic: D3D
second pic: OpenGL

edit: Yes my paint drawing skillz sucks:o

Attachments

• d3d.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 51
  • oGL.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 50