Throwweapon Problem!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hardcore

(Taki)
Jun 8, 2001
Germany
okay as we were able to reproduce it, here is what happened:

On a LeagueAS-Server we have some weapons ( 1 is enough to do it i think ) now we throw it away and pick it up again. Throw it away again. And so on.
(Why one would do that you ask? Well sometimes (at certain places in a map more often than at other places) if you throw away your weapon, it ain't thrown away but is immediately picked up again automatically. I think you know what i mean. So one has to throw it away kinda often. )

And if you throw weapons away very often and very quickly in a row, it happens that your PC freezes!
It happened to me. I was able to reproduce it. Then others tried it too and they freezed too!

It is not the advanced LeagueAS teamsay with %weapon% and so on. It works also if you just have "throwweapon" bound to a key.

I think it has something to do with CSHP (which also let PCs with bad conns freeze at the start of a map if the connection was lost and so on. I am sure you remember).
Dunno what it is tho. But its kinda annoying if your PCs gets freezed for something normal (the bad conn is normal for some ppl and throwing weapons away is also normal for some ppl) so if this is CSHP again that detects this as a cheat/hack, then it would be nice if that would be sorted somehow. :(

Thx for reading.
Taki.

oh and (sry i forgot it) it was a 2v2 server (gameservers.nl)
the map was AS-GolgothaAL.unr
( I doubt it has anything to do with the map )
server is running LeagueAS135b (not c :\ )

I can only suggest a fix for the "throw weapon and pick it up immediately again" problem.. simply edit your throw-weapon bind so that you also walk backwards when pressing it. that way you will always throw your weapon successfully.

well that is an idea... the move command executed before the throwweapon command :thumb:

gonna try it - thx :naughty:

anyway: no1 here, who has a clue of what could be causing this?

I have no idea what could be causing this, if you can get logs from the server it will tell you if its CSHP or not :)

Hmmm Elfie has the same problem i think, when throwing a weapon she freezes, havnt noticed if she picks up again, but i will also try the backward bind :) and sees if it cures it :D

i think it won't cure it matty :(

because the problem ain't that you pick the weapon up again
the problem is that this happens when you use the "throwweapon" command too often :(

dunno if i can get logs from the server
will try tho
will it work when i reproduce it when hosting a game myself and then have a look at the unrealtournament.log ?

Heres your problem.

I went and tried it on my server. Trie dit loads and it wouldnt crash, hit it once more and bye bye went my UT.

The server logs show this error

ScriptWarning: LeagueAssault AS-AutoRIP.LeagueAssault0 (Function LeagueAS135.LeagueAssault.ProcessAdvancedSay:0214) Accessed None

Nah not really, that error message has nothing to do with throw weapon, and on it own would cause no problems, it's just a script warning, rather than an error.

oi not good. :(

yesterday the freeze occured midgame when throwing away a weapon for the first time on that server/day at all.

(some players also told me that it happened to them when they were dropping weapons for the first time (!) this also happened to me)

now another thing:
it happened again to me - but this time it wasn't a weapon.
this time i threw away my armor! aarghhhh

it was on aka server and i hope psy gets a serverlog this time
we can setup server but are a bit noob-like in this logs-case.
which file exactly do you need phear? (or from where do we get the correct log?)