Think about this

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

T

Twonko

I have been thinking about this for a while but never got around to voicing my opinions, but the events of the last few days pushed me over the edge so to speak.

UT is a little over a year old and Phear started the league and utassault.net I dunno when, about last January I think. Judging by the number of posts on the forums and the number of registered users, a lot of people have got a lot of fun out of assault. Add to that all the clan matches (multo adrenalin), public server games with people you know, practices and the buzz you get when your own play gets better. And then add on to that all the mates you made over the last year and the laughs you had over ICQ or RW or whatever. Sum total is an experience worth having I'm sure you'll agree.

The small number of people responsible for this have given freely of their own time and have quite literally made it happen. If the assault league and assault.net didn't exist very little of this worthwhile experience would have happened. All our ICQ lists would be a lot smaller that's for sure.

But. Reading the forums for the last few days and even longer though not so bad, the league admin come under continual fire from a minority of individuals who just want to complain about stuff. Voting this, banning that, replaying the other. Sure some decisions are tough to make and tough to swallow if you don't agree with them, but everybody has had the benefit of all the good stuff. There's nothing wrong with questioning decisions or even with disagreeing with them. Just don't expect stuff to change cos you want it to. Stuff has changed when enough people do but flaming and ignorance will just get you on life's ignore list.

Tw:) nk:)

Re: Think about this

Don't it mean that we need some kind of voting system not only on servers.. but here too? It could kill two rabbits - Less responsibility for admins, and more happy ppl..

I dunno.. just hought.

Kill two rabbits, curiosity kills the cat...
you really dont like animals Julia, do you? :lol:

funny how we should get a post saying theres a few people who cause trouble and then 2 of them reply straight after it.

Firstly............100% right Twonko......couldn't have said it better myself m8.

LMAO @ Light...........

@ Nina
I never really saw light as a problem.....more a challenge
:p :lol:
Kawada

Lightein post isn't constructive.

I like animals.. if they are well cooked =P =)

thought i never would say this, but lighting made a good point;)

R u hinting summat about my job here @ Uta?? :mad:

Heheh :)

Crusader

so was i? at least i made a good attempt at making them funny.

brb gonna get that quote. fooking hilarious

crusaders attempt at humour:

This map makes u feel sick, someone please pass me the sick bag.

my attempt at humour:

. It's just too plain, too lame. That's good that last line. Don't you think?

notice the difference?

dam right twonko,thx to phear and co,,and lightning for being so straight to the point and colourful :lol:

never said they didnt suck..... :p

just Cru's sucks that little bit more