The reason of good sniping!!?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Good point :)

High tickrate = no skills dont know why some of the league servers are on high tickrate just promoting "minigun assault" which is so sad

nt server - 20 tickrate

linux server - 25

simple as really anything higher just makes weapons EASIER to use therefore requiring less skill.

Linux people recommand 5 higher because of the way linux handles tickrate it's not so accurate but some people seem to think 30-35 is for linux but that's total bollox.

When I played on a really shit pc I could 'own' some players as they say and was owned by others. After an upgrade it made bugger all difference, I still beat those same players and still got owned by those other same players.

practice aim and coordination are the only things that matter imo. Mouse sens only means you gotta move the mouse more or less to make your character turn the same. It doesn't help you coordinate firing with havin the crosshair over someone. I guess ping does make a difference but unless you got real bad ping i can't see the problem either.

Unless yer games actually stutterin then I cant see how hardware makes feck all difference.

gotta agree with uzi
mouse control and prediction/good timing

ping/pc and stuff like that doesnt only help ur sniping but also "all" other weapons

well i have the feeling orange is on tickrate 12 or something...

can empty a full minigun on some 1, and he still does a hammer jump...

Orange is 20 i guess which is normal i have no problems with it at all maybe u just need to adjust to a higher ping..

anything higher than 20 is'nt a skill it just makes weapons "easier" to use and it's kinda sad there is a mod tnse made which u can use ANY tickrate u want to reduce ping but weapons stay like 20 tickrate so minigun does'nt become over powered but the game is smoother and lower ping, without all the wank minigun UT only shit

You're all forgetting 1 thing:

BIG ASS MONITORS!!!

I can't snipe for shit with the zoom feature, which you need if you're on a small monitor. But if I ignore zoom, and just pretend its an enhanced shock rifle, I can snipe OK. And big monitors make that easier :D

I've played UT on 14", 17" and 19" monitors, and quite frankly I wouldn't go back to anything less than 19" now if you paid me.

Doesn't skully from (R-C) have some backbreaker 22" effort?

Hmmz i pld ona 15" 60 hz tft monitor and now a 19" 85 hz crt monitor did'nt make much difference at all to my sniping

Pld UT for ages on 15" 60 hz monitor in 800*600

Now playing in 1024*768 32 bit 85 hz and my fps have yet to drop below 80 no matter what spam and with 4 x af on and it has'nt changed my sniping at all it's made other weapons better mini/pulse especially rl aswell

btw dont know a single player in league who snipes good on a 8500[/QUOTE said:
i got a 8500... me is called aimbot even in div 1 ffs. ati got nuttin to do with that, it's all skill, i know people who are better with a other card than ati and win from me with sniping... nahh ok i am lying but it has nothing to do with the card :P

i pld for ages on an old converted 22" Mac monitor, now i play on a 17" Sony TFT and my sniping has improved imo

good timing , good aim as well , mousepeed 24.0 or 3.00 who cares only it's the timing and the aim !

monitor got nowt to do with it imo ive got a 21" had it for years yet iam a crap sniper (unless like thur said i try to use sniper like insta gun then iam a wee bit better)