The Oscar Nominations!!!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jwer_NL

***YODA***
Oct 18, 2001
GRUN OWNS
http://www.oscars.com/nominees/nomineelist.html

wee

opinions, favorites post them here!

Actor leading role
IF JOHNNY DEPP DOESN'T GET THIS OSCAR THEN THE OSCARS ARE A JOKE :p:

Actor supporting
only seen ken watanabe and he did very very well.... dunno the others

Actress leading
Haven't seen any of em lol

Actress supporting
Haven't seen any of em lol
(this oscar SHOULD have gone to Koyuki as Taka in "The Last Samurai" FFS :nono: )

Animated
Finding nemo is VERY good, can't imagine anyone else coming close :p:

Foreign film
De Tweeling :moon:

Best Picture
LOTR ROTK

Every other "i don't give a feck" oscar goes to LOTR ROTK

Last edited:
Havent seen any of the movies mentioned asides from LOTR, but it was great, and PJ deserves oscars galore for what he has done :)

master and commander and lotr will win quite a lot dunno really the other movie's tbh, surprises me that the last samurai didnt get any more nominations

best actor would be jude law or johnny depp imo both did great roles #9though surprised tom curise didnt get named as his role in last samuria is top notch)

surrporting would be same as jwer with ken watanabe

best actress tbh i wouldnt of named any of those as nicole kidman in cold mountain is stunning !

nemo has to get best animated film if there is any justice

other ones i anit got a view about really but ROTK should get a few of them though last samurai should get a couple imo also.

glad to see crap like bad boys 2 not even mentioned :)

some big shocks especially cold mountain not getting a best picture nom

best actor
its nice to see johnny depp get nominated i thought his performance in pirates was superb but i doubt he will win
it will probbaly either go to bill murray(brilliant comedy actor whos never been awarded) or sean penn

best actress
charlize theron

cinematography
i cant believe ROTK didnt get nominated with all those beautiful sweeping vistas:S
so cold mountain should get this instead

directing
if its not peter jacksons yeah i think sofia coppola will get it for lost in translation(first female director to be nominated)

adapted screenplay
cant see anything else than ROTK winning

visual effects
ROTK definatly
but imo terminator 3 had the best effects last year

best picture
will they finally give it to a lord of the rings movie?
i think so

even though i thought ROTK was the weakest of the trilogy
if they were going to award a LOTR film they should have done it with the fellowship of the ring

if ROTK doesnt get it mystic river will be the best bet:D

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Jude Law - Cold Mountain

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Ken Watanabe - The Last Samurai

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Charlize Theron - Monster

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Renée Zellweger - Cold Mountain

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Finding Nemo (Piece of cake)

ART DIRECTION
lord of the rings: return of the king

CINEMATOGRAPHY
City of God

COSTUME DESIGN
The Last Samurai

DIRECTING

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
-

DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT
-

FILM EDITING
Cold Mountain

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
De Tweeling :fingers:

MAKEUP

MUSIC (SCORE)
lord of the rings: return of the king (although Pirates would be my personal fav, but aint nominated)

MUSIC (SONG)
"Into the West" - lord of the rings: return of the king :cool:

BEST PICTURE

SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
-

SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
-

SOUND

SOUND EDITING
Finding Nemo

VISUAL EFFECTS

WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)
city of god

WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)
in america

Last edited:
brain that what you think WILL win or what you think SHOULD win?

cus i think those will win as well, they just not my personal favs

oops, didnt read ur first post good enough !
I think these WILL win...

Last edited:
I want to see RotK win everything it has been nominated for. Add Bill Murry as BA, Lost in Translation for BScreenplay and City of God for Cinematography and I'll be very happy.

Bill Murray deserves an oscar for his career imo but not for this pile of shit movie :o

ohwell at least i can life with the fact he'll get one

the academy has awarded an actor for their career before rather than a single film, just because its about time they got one

burt reynolds for boogie nights is a good example
not exactly a great movie or performance but he won

i havent seen lost in translation yet so i dont know if its good or not,i usually wait for video for films like this

jwer_NL said:
http://www.oscars.com/nominees/nomineelist.html
Actor leading role
IF JOHNNY DEPP DOESN'T GET THIS OSCAR THEN THE OSCARS ARE A JOKE :p:

bullshit man.
i dont know what the hell everyone sees in johnny depps performance in pirates, its entertaining for 2 hours but thats it, nothing new, nothing outstanding, nothing special at all. the role is totally superficial anyways, from what ive seen sean penn deserves this one.

best movie shud be the last samurai, i cant understand why it didnt get nominated for that :\

ken watanabe is pretty clear to me, but who knows what this yankee jury will decide.

Is it? I think he was more than excellent in Pirates.

Then again I haven't seen any of the other actors nominated, but writing him off as 2 hour entertainment goes over the top imo :)

i've never seen an actor playing his role so perfect. he's not as you would expect a pirate to be, but the way he plays it just makes you want to see more of it. he makes the movie interesting, exciting by times and entertaining, combined with the other actors a very good result :)
i haven't seen the others who are nominated, but no matter how good they were, he deserves this oscar (not saying that the others don't).

savvy?
death.gif

Tbh I thought he was the only thing that made Pirates bearable. You realise after it's over that you really enjoyed the film, then you start thinking about why exactly you enjoyed it and then you realise that he was about the only lead role whose face you didn't want to punch by the end. Orlando Bloom might be good-looking (I don't see it myself) but he's not naturalistic at all - he's been wooden in Pirates and LOTR imo. Keira Knightley gets on my tits every time (so at least that's one pair between us), and Jack Davenport is as annoying as his role was always going to be. So Johnny Depp's performance better be entertaining or else the film just grates on your nerves. Dunno if it's Oscar-worthy but it was pretty perfect.

Oh and Charlize Theron should win, not for her film (which I ain't seen), but for how good she looked at the Golden Globes :wanker:

Last edited:
After winning the Golden Globe 2 weeks ago, last night Peter Jackson won the "Directors Guild of America" award.
The Oscar is a definite lock now, imo.

11 outta 11, whoooaa :D
no oscar for ken watanabe is a shame imo, but depp didnt get one either, at least some ppl didnt buy into this pirate hype :p: