the old days........

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

G

genocyb3r

Every one seems to rely on hammer launching (or RL launching) to complete maps:rolleyes:
It makes me wonder if alot of all these supposdly great players:lol: have lost their "killer instinct":evil: When the days you use to attack overlord it would be a massive slaughter of flying limbs, guts and heads from the lucky headshot. But know its more to do with tactics not mindless killing.
You need to have both tactics and mindless killing (prefably more mindless killing).
I wonder if many people out there can complete masp the old way? can you?

btw - where can i get CSHP2 (or what ever its called) as i seem to have the wrong one or type. I need the one to get into demon UK.

actualy you need neither

Since there is a bunch of CSHP out there, you should NOT have CSHP installed unless you run a network, instead let it autoDL it on each server with a CSHP.

So start by deleting your version of CSHP would be a good thing.

Re: actualy you need neither

Well the old days on overlord were fun indeed and they thought of a server for that named NIL server. It's pretty fun to be in the tunnels again killing everyone without having to be scared of launches all the time.

"Th greatest accomplishments are achieved by small things"
][)warven_]V[o][)

Re: actualy you need neither

yes i like NIL

the only thing bothering me is that the ppl exiting the ship r still invincble :(

i like to snipe there ususally :mad:

Re: the old days........

Only problem with NIL is 16 people (Not fun on Hispeed or Guardia)....and the new Eavy ammo system. 99 maximum in Minigun for example.

The most fun I ever had on UT (Clan matches exempt) was playing on NIL, with Rocket Launch and Hammer Jump disabled.

Very enjoyable.

Kawada

yeah... they need to tweak those setting a bit, but I agree it's good fun... ...mazon is also a fun map on NIL... ...still... don't you just love flying??

Jumping and launching takes away much of the frag fest part of maps imo. Shame but its still fun anyway. I can remember the early days with those lamers from NRG launching Mazon. I saw the bodies flying way up from the balcony bit at the front and wondered what the fu<k was going on. Made me laugh at the time. And then I wondered what the fu<k was going on when they got the crystal without the chains and without hammer jumping the front door. But now my IQ is more than 7, I figured it out:lol:

Tw:) nk:)

after getting twatted again today on the publics,,believe me wen i say these players that do the fancy tricks can still frag ur ass

No they can't :evil: :lol:
anywayz.. what the tricks do is giving an extra advantage to a clan if they got better ping/connections than the opponents, as if the better ping/connections wasn't enough..

Frigate was quite a bloodbath too, with it's two entries only :)

But the bests thing last year was to sneak into a NRG - DS clanfight and spectate (had to be February or so). I guess no clan would even beat a CTF clan that hard like NRG did DS. Had some goof laughs when i saw the players of DS bitch around withougt having an idea what happened :)

@NRG: No, i didn'T learn anything new when spectating so no need to call me a thief now :lol:

@DS: Where are all these (edit) children now?

Nah! I like it the way it is. A lot more fierce these days, and you actually got to think about tactics as well as pure DM skills. Overlord would be dam impossible without the launch option with decent players and I see many high frag scores these days, more than before.

Old days?

I think old and new days can best be described as

Old days - playing a game.
New days - doing a sport.

I always played a game. Think this was what I have been
trying to say whenever I complained about clanners.

Quick example (which illustrates the higher frag
scores observed these days). Attacked on high-speed
and got smacked down by ASM combo 4 times straight by
same player. Tried yet another time expecting the
opponent to have fallen asleep out of boredom or maybe
figured there something else, more fun to do. But no
yet another combo, ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.

Re: Old days?

so... either fire alt shock riffle at him so he can't combo your ass, or hammer to the roof...(and take out those auto craps before they pick off your remaining HP)

aaaah

oh the joy of the first months of Assault, and it's been a over a year now even :/

Re: Old days?

Reason the post was that the topic allowed me to
refrase my clanners suck to something that better
reflects reality, how I feel plus hopefully fewer
people get upset.

Many thanks for the tips SecondToNone.

You`ll actually find some of DS make up >ION< now :)
Cyber(aka Firestorm) and Pingking created >ION< and took some of the DS members with them, Fallen Angel, Mouldy Potato(aka BoD Inferno) Me, Maelstrom. Neo joined a bit after the creation of >ION<. Some guys have left but there are a few of us old DS guys still here. Other DS members still about are Warbot(AKA Uzi_Suicide) and G-Money is in Ai I believe( unless that`s another G then I`m wrong....hehehe)
DS was a bit of a laugh but that was the problem I think, No organisation, no direction. >ION< is different as were organised have some tactics and know what we should be doing in a match.
As to the old days I reckon if we were to get rid of hammer launches and rocket launches we could survive, but the levels would get a tad boring as teams defend for the full time. >ION< like using hammer/rocket launches but I think we could still perform without them.

So uzi suicide is formerly known as warbot Mod?

Never said that DS was that bad. Just was puzzled how my clanless ass knew more tricks than a whole clan :)

And it sure was fun to beat warbutts ass when he thought he can be launched that easy on Mazon :)

Anyway, nice to see you're still around and even got some cooler names...............expect warbot :lol:

Oh, yeah, another thing, wasn't there a clan mostly of DS between DS and ION? AFT or so?

hmm.. I've played lots of UT DM and still do when I get the chance in Assault. Then the others can do the funky tricks, as long as I get to frag..
Assaulting through the tunnels of Overlord has always been kewl.. Sometimes you'll get killed quickly, but there's nothing better than killing off 3-4 players on the way down the tunnel from beach. Then you might get killed as you reach the end of the tunnel. But then it was all worth it :evil: :cool: