The necessity of frontdodge

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_

May 17, 2005
Belgium
Ok guys, first of all i want to ask why everybody loves the front dodge so much. Everybody is doing it.
Second, i think it's not faster then when you move sideway-dodging.
Why? Always when i want to make a "frontdodge", my character stops and then makes the frontdodge... But when i make a sidedodge, i keep on moving all the time.

Or is there some script to make a frontdodge without double tapping the forward key? Because that is whats bothering me with the front dodge... it just doesnt go smooth enough with me.

Thx in advance,
Black.

This wasnt a joke mates,
2 years ago practically nobody used the frontdodge, now they all dodge like this.
I didnt know in first how to combine the frontdodge with side-way dodge but now i know.
Thx for advice.
thread can be closed now.

front dodge also looks cooler when u are about to headshot somebody, he will see the motion thousands of others have seen: 'the frontdodging female'

:rofl: :lol: For real? lmao

Strafe, looking at a 45 degree angle from where you want to go, and double tap forwards. You can do it constantly without stopping.

And people were doing this 2 years ago.

They were doing it 6 years ago.

Infact, they were doing something similar in Doom, 12 years ago.

AFAIK, because the dodge is faster than just moving, the ideal angle to where you want to go is 57° when you move forward and dodge sideward. and so 33° when you move sideward and dodge forward.

this means the forward dodge allows you to focus on your target better while dodging.

but 99% of people dont know this and do it because of what sneez said.

:chainsaw:

pykenike said:
i still find it a bit odd that someone can still hit you when summersaulting :P
yup. When I started playing UT, I was like wtf he hax:o .

Now I'm still like that, but for other reasons :P

I cant actually move without dodging, and hump, u couldnt dodge at all when u started so im not sure where you have your 6 years from :rolleyes:

In fact hardly anyone did it/was able to do it when i first played here, McNeill was the first person i saw to do it properly and everyone accused him of using some kind of bind :lol:

Soon caught on ;)

Gazzy said:
I cant actually move without dodging, and hump, u couldnt dodge at all when u started so im not sure where you have your 6 years from :rolleyes:

Where the fuck did you cook that one up? :rolleyes:

I most certain could dodge - and 6 years ago I was still playing DM on publics, so how you can claim to know this I do not know :P

Black_ said:
:rofl: i play ut from 1997, dont tell me i'm newb... i was just out for a year and a half - 2 years :(
so you played UT even 2 years before it came out?
man you are a real pro!! :bowdown:

:P

edit: sry if we are harsh, but this league is full of incests and perverts.

/me looks at IceDragon :mushroom:

Last edited:
-CrackKing- said:
The first person I saw do it was Gen

I taught Gen to front dodge lol, when we used to play together in 2v2's he asked me the same question Blacky asked, what's the difference.

Until you do it yourself people will always prefer thier own method.

Also mate, check your PM!

Last edited:
:PI remember playing with you the first time I ever played AS btw, you and steel with ASF tags and then RaVen from EoS... was pretty fuckin hard.

-CrackKing- said:
:PI remember playing with you the first time I ever played AS btw, you and steel with ASF tags and then RaVen from EoS... was pretty fuckin hard.

raven tought me the mazon launch and overlord ones

Status
Not open for further replies.