The Happening

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

My girlfriend is bugging me to see it, but I really don't want to. It looks like one of those really strange psychological horrors; It's just gonna confuse/bore me.

its crap
Edit:
1. Shyamalan (the director) didn't find any studio to produce this piece of shit in hollywood, so he got his money from bollywood (doesn't really speak for the strength of his script...)
2. The "fascinating" plot which the trailer suggest is revealed in the first quarter of the movie, after that it is just boring
the plants are fighting back wohoo!
3. Crap Dialogues, even worse performances.

a 90 minute version of a twilight zone episode pretty much sums the movie up.

I really liked the sixed sense, thought that Unbreakable and Sings were decent movies as well, but everything he produced after that was just a piece of shit (the village, lady in the water). The same goes for the happening, really, don't waste your money on it.

Last edited:
why, give us some arguments...

indeed! people give us arguments if you want to make your point. This is non-ut forums and is supposed to be here to create discussions. You cannot discuss anything if you don't point out, what is wrong or right about a movie (or something else for that matter). If you wanna raise your postcount, then you can do it in chit chat. Spammers arent welcome here, like pointed out in the forum rules!

Further "it sucks" etc. comments will be removed

I downloaded it today (slap) Gonna watch it tonight or tomorrow probably. From what I've read so far the start is good (1/4 of movie)but then it just turns into a yawn fest. I wonder.

Saw it yesterday.

I liked the concept of the movie, people committing suicide without an explanation.
But in my opinion they should have left it at that, leaving it up to the viewer to decide what it could be.

NOT throw this plant shit at us, and tell us that they are fighting back at the human race!
And the wind chasing them across the fields? LAME!!!

5/10

Very Stephen Kingy, spoiled by titanically shit acting from all concerned. Good concept but trying to make plants intimidating and give them screen presence is doomed to failure before you even try. The suicide bits are like those James Herbert books, The Rats or The Fog. Not a very good movie imo

its always pissed me off that the film 'the fog' wasnt the james herbert version. They should make that and 'the dark' imo

only film i like of john carpenters is dark star

It's got Mark Wahlberg in it, and it's a Sci-Fi. The 2 most probable indicators of a bad film!

Got sidetracked and didnt get to movies to see it lol will watch shortly though , still want to see it and make a decision wether its good or bad or average. And as for Wahlberg he aint bad actor has done some very nice roles and good acting in his career imo.