The day after tomorrow

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i check imdb first, they have a recommendation function for movies which is pretty good; for instance if u like the film se7en, u might like the bone collector or smin

i also go off ppl's opinions, mc for example has a similar taste in films to me

idk how to use the spoiler thingy, so i can't really make a strong point, but i really thought the movie was pretty terrible

based on all the little subplots they had rolling, they needed at least another hour to add any depth. everything happened to quick and/or too easily in terms of plot

there was no explanation for just about anything

meanwhile, yeah, the america swallowing its pride thing was nice, but not enough to fix the rest of the movie.

and the science sucked, i mean, cmon now, movie or not, at least get some of it a bit more polished.

effects were pretty good, although the twister touching down didn't look all that realistic

definitely woudln't consider it a great movie... decent, but not worth the 2nd watching, imo

i gotta argee with LR (long time no see hows things ?) the film is ok but certainly not a blockbusting epic

i saw it, and i liked it

Un:
What they showed in the movie, IS possible. About the wind - ofcourse there isnt wind. When you are in the eye of a twister, there's no wind either. The difference here is that there only was vertical wind, which doesnt give strong winds on earth, just warm air going up, and cold air coming down - it is possible. (iv read about it in magazines :p)

i liked the movie, nice effects :)

I saw it last night. Very good movie and just for once its not as patriotic as all the other nature disaster or terrorist disaster movies. The visual effects are very well done except for the wolves. The wolves where just damn ugly and looked like they didnt have any bones in their body (moved awkward).

The running from the cold and the up commin wave was a bit ..well holywood like. Rest was just great. Little love story in there, father that goes for a rescue mission, son that tries to save everyone and ppl who where a thread first become best friends. The part I liked most was the reverse border jumping. Now the Americans where the refugees. Very nice touch and makes you think about a few things. Independence day had the same kind of message. You might be dependent on other countries in the future and cant be devided by little differences.

Overall I give it a 8 out of 10.

after reading this i think i am gonna give it a try too :)
roland emerich seems to rock :)
(btw that may be the reason for the film being not very pro-american/patriotic)

pete:
if u mean its possible to run away from the cold then i'd say no (course u have to endure the cold for a shorter period of time if u run for the warmth, but a temperature of a few houndred degrees below zero is so low that it wouldn't help...) and it was described as a twister-like phenomenon, but i dont think the air in the middle of a twister is moving anywhere, hence the "calm eye" ;) and if air is moving so fast that it wouldnt warm up at all during houndreds of kilometers of travel i dare say that u would notice the wind it creates :p: (edited typo)

this is how it is :p: tornado though. i'll try to find some about hurricans in my collection. got it all in a .ppt (Power Presentation shiT) file but no program to open it :D i don't think there are vertical winds in the middle, but only at the edges of the hurricane...

Attachments

• vu_referat_tornado_graphik_1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
btw mc:
course i can run away from Ice, his a slow fag :lol: i was talking about cold ;) (couldn't resist and the other thread was closed :o)

keep in mind that the world record is 9,7x (,74?). it's still 2 seconds more, so i would be a good 15 m behind if i made a race against the best and that's alot.
0,01% might come close, considering that 1/4 of the world are too weak to run very fast (food wise) and in industrial countries many people are too heavy to even compete, but then again times around 12 seconds are not that uncommon. many professional soccer players can do it (don't know about other sports) and some even come close to 11,0...