The camera never lies!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Thrasher (_!_)

=]????[=
Feb 21, 2002
Staffs,UK
A few years ago I bought a 3.2 mega pixel Canon A75....great little camera. But technology moves on and I thought it was time to "upgrade" so I bought a Panasonic FZ8.

Here are some of my first attempts......
1. The moon....honest!! Just to see how well it would work :)
2, 3, 4 & 5 on Cannock Chase. (Local nature reserve)

Attachments

• P1000458-cropped.JPG
    P1000458-cropped.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Chase1.jpg
    Chase1.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Chase2.jpg
    Chase2.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Chase3.jpg
    Chase3.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 151
  • Chase4.jpg
    Chase4.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 156
pics 2, 3 & 5 are playing with HDR.
Where you take 3 or more pictures at various exposure levels, then get some software to combine them to create a picture with all the correct exposures...ish.

An example of HDR....

First picture is how the camara wants to take it. The sky is a little bright, but the grass and hedge are waaay too dark.

Second picture is -1 exposure. The sky looks better but the grass is even darker!!

Third picture is +1 exposure. Sky is way too bright but the grass and hedge show up.

Fourth picture is the result of combining the images.

Attachments

• Zero.jpg
    Zero.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Minus1.jpg
    Minus1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Plus1.jpg
    Plus1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 153
  • HDR.jpg
    HDR.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 153
Panasonic FZ8 is 7.2 mega pixel with 12 times optical zoom.

The moon pic is 12 optical and 4 times digital = 48 times zoom. So it's a little rough.

Last edited:
nice pics, HDR => advanced light meassuring, someting like matrix meassuring of light, differnt values in different spots of the picture, gives you very nice pics, GJ andy :thumb:

wow lookin awesome mate! :wow:
could you upload the ones in first post in a wallpaper format? :D
this road looks incredible :o

HDR uses diffrent pictures at different exposures and by mixing the parts from lightly underexposed with slightly overexposed you get good results. You can do the same in photoshop/gimp to some extent by copying the background, adjust levels and burning through in the right spots. Sort of poor mans HDR ;)

oki i9 need a new camera xD
just have a Nokia 6288 2mp :(
and if i take a photo at night its totaly green o_O