Thanks

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Cyberslob

Jun 13, 2001
Denmark
Once up un the time, a long time ago, came game called UT Assault.

This might sound as a farewell post. It's not. Because there are no farewell posts. If you think you are going to make a farewell post, you are not there yet. If you want to make a farewell post you are still not there. If you really want to make a farewell post, you can no longer be bothered to make a farewall post. So if you want to make a farewell post you better do it before the urge comes along. That is way I make this post now. It's not a farewell post. It's something different.

When I joined here internet gaming was new to me. Concept of clans was new to me. I played the game and developed specific ideas on how the game should be played, on what people could say here, all sort of things was new to me.

Coming here I met clans, ideas on how the game should be played, made posts, some I liked, others made me afraid to re-visit this place, amazing good players and darn right lowlfe cheaters. Reminded me of everyday life. For a while... I was learning.

Time goes buy and I stumple acoss DWAP. Who proudly annoynce their losses as achievements and wins as complete failures. Irrestistable, playing games for anything but fun seems daft to me. Join DWAP, gave them my perfectly true life story being an elderly person, who enjoys pressing keyboard and mouse button, while connected suits them. Not even Danish by birth/just pay my taxes and endure the climate). Clan mode acceralate. Join a clan playing RTS games. Turns out well as well. Time goes by, DWAP wants players whio plays clan games and I get the message and leaves. RTS clan goes more and more inactive. Way things goes I guess.

But I remain in contact with the DWAPs and the RTS (turning way too much ego now but I hope I can fix that). So much for life story. Lets turn quickly to the main part end the reason for posting. This might turn a little bit sentimental but, I hoe you can coupe. And I hope you don't mind if anything is anything is put into past sentence accidently. I know it's not something in the past.

Bottom line is my great thanks to these players who made this work. And to Epic for creating something they never dreamed they would create. In this forum, and playing the leage for a while I have met so much talent, humour, compassion, helpfulness, devotion, intelligence, brightness, kindness, .... love for the game and other players .... what have you. Words are not enough ... . The posters, moderators, contributors, players, are too many to mention.

I will make the odd post on some subject, I will play the odd game. But I would regret not posting a humble, sincere thank you.

Edit add: Special thanks should probably go to Eavy and to Phear. I also always loved Finsternis as moderator. I never was so closely in touch, and never a good player ... .

Last edited:
Reactions: Martz
'I have met so much talent, humour, compassion, helpfulness, devotion, intelligence, brightness, kindness'

You haven't met ReD yet then?

Ahh Cyberslob, my all time favorite poster of these forums!

NICE to see someting u written, first time for me in years!

Thanks

Arnet

This might sound as a farewell post. It's not. Because there are no farewell posts. If you think you are going to make a farewell post, you are not there yet. If you want to make a farewell post you are still not there. If you really want to make a farewell post, you can no longer be bothered to make a farewall post. So if you want to make a farewell post you better do it before the urge comes along.
this passage is ace. and I mean it.