TDM in UTA?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

antidote

Jul 2, 2004
on the garage
Im sorry if this stuff was allready old topic,but since i havent found any topic related to this ill ask:

How many of assault players actually plays tdm also in CB?

Was there ever an idea to add TDM ladder in UTA?

Would there be nuff players/clans to sign in?

Maybe it would attract new UT players here and they would try to play assault also:p

Im just curious ;)

No, there never was discussion about TDM for this league and to be honest, I doubt we will ever have one. We already tried to add a CTF league, but that experiment ended as fast as the new 2v2 league seems to do.
That just shows in my eyes that assault players dont show enough interest and other gametypes, at least not enough to fill a whole league here. Most who like to play TDM or CTF just do it in CB or other communities.

Your better off just doing a one off cup like we've done in the past 1v1's 2v2's 4v4's etc.. whatever could be organised.

We already tried to add a CTF league, but that experiment ended as fast as the new 2v2 league seems to do.
That just shows in my eyes that assault players dont show enough interest and other gametypes, at least not enough to fill a whole league here. Most who like to play TDM or CTF just do it in CB or other communities.

quoted for truth. (experience has shown this again and again)

at least new ppl,will join our AS League
Experienced showed, that this ain't the case.
Just a question: Why should a TDM team play a 8.5 years old game when there are thousands of other DM shooters (and even new UT games) are out?
The UT99 community is a dieing patient and we should stop dreaming about getting new ppl into this league.

Last edited:
The cup idea is best. Infact I've said long long ago, staging weekly 1v1 dm, 2v2 tdm, 2v2 assault nights works a treat. It was done once and within 1 day there were loads of signups. Do it over a weekend and imo, it would be very populr. Just need a server and 1 or 2 organisers.

The cup idea is best. Infact I've said long long ago, staging weekly 1v1 dm, 2v2 tdm, 2v2 assault nights works a treat. It was done once and within 1 day there were loads of signups. Do it over a weekend and imo, it would be very populr. Just need a server and 1 or 2 organisers.
I think it too.. but tbh i think 1v1 is a bit gay :)

Well its either 1v1 or 5v5 imo for dm.

2v2 is uber boring in dm because you just get some kamakaze camping sniper noob who waits to pick off the other guy while they're fighting your team mate. Hardly skilful is it.

Tbh, I hate dm anyway. I only like Deck and recently I dont mind Liandri, but I think most assaulters will have a problem with dm regarding maps so it really really really wouldn't work and would be even less successful than ictf league.

Id prefer diff ladders for diff games added , i reckon itd be more popular for instance BF Series and COD4 or UT3 , rather than diff ut99 gametypes. As someone said b4 AS`rs dedicating to TDM DM ladder :nono: aint gonna happen and also agree players nowadays are more intrested in playing more up2date games, why join ut99 1v1 dm ladder when they can join a ut3 1v1 dm ladder.Then again this is only my opinion of gaming today...

Then again why bother as its prob 2 late for any other game ladders as it should have been done , sorted b4 game is or about to be released , now is too late tbh and prob all new ladders would fail anyways :( as folk are allready established elsewhere

Last edited: