Tactics viewer mod menu utility

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

kooma

Grandmaster of Korso-style karate
Jun 26, 2001
McDonald Islands
I decided to release the TacticsViewer utility I made some time ago. It's a tool which can be used for displaying tactics in a very simple and easy-to-read way inside UT in a window which can activated from the Mod Menu. A template tactics file is included to show you how the file should be constructed.

It takes some work to create the tactics file but we've used the utility effectively in {[AUT]} atleast :)

You can download the whole package from here: TacticsViewer_v1.1.zip

Reactions: CeCe
Doesn't the massive array take up a lot of memory?

I don't know how UT handles arrays of data

<)C0(> have been using such a mod for almost 2 years for the tactics......thnx to Zork for that .....

Miner said:

Well I don't think a few thousand strings take that much memory, do you?

Well this one is imho better than Zork's since the tactics is updated on map change and the positions are displayed only for one player and not everyone and the position you're playing is saved so that you only have to open the window after map change and there it is, your positions for each objective.

Miner said:

Took a look at it and after UT fills the unused indexes with an empty string, AUT tactics are 150kB. Sound too much to you?

True, true. Too bad the books are now removed from GolgothaAL, otherwise Anti could have paused the game and removed them like Psy did :lol:

Reactions: LeNiXiS
Zork and D-A put some nice pics of babes at each tactic of each map,....sometimes the guys only looked at the babe instead of the tactic.........:rofl:........