T in the park.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Not my kind of thing :\ SHould be good if you like festivals tho. I would like to have seen R.E.M. but they're not what they were.

i just checked the line-up and it seems like good fun this festival, you will have loads of fun for sure!!

interpol, ratm, kings of leon, stereophonics, rem, raconteurs, pigeondetectives, deus, justice, primal scream .. :guitar: :mosher:

Fucking nice lineup. If i was english, i would go. Nice festival, very nice :)!

Dave!

My wee bro is there. My sis usually goes, but this years, its my wee bro.
Not me. I dont like mud and peeing in portaloos, but BFS are there, if you get the chance, go see them, they are great live.

Nice input. good to see some old faces too :)
Sniffer dogs spoiled it for some of our friends.....downer :crap:
And a big 'HI' to you too Jen. Say Hi to Ian for us plz.
Ground was lovely and dry, .....beer was almost cool...lol....did somebody say there were bands on too?
Ann and I totally enjoyed ourselves, but not as much as our daughter and her mate lol.
We gonna hold off buying tix for next year though til we see the lineup.
We still got the Loopallu festi for a chill later this year.
Thaughts go out to the famillies of those poor guys though,
we never had anything like that happen before. :crap:

Last edited:
Sniffer dogs spoiled it for some of our friends.....downer :crap:
Thaughts go out to the famillies of those poor guys though,
we never had anything like that happen before. :crap:

They miss the festival? :(

Does take the piss really, since the Polices objective seems to be to "stop drugs" either by arresting the dealers or arresting people in possession. Arresting loads of people who have a weekends quantity will make the reports look good for this year, arrest record will be high (arrests per officer ratio) and every boy in blue sat at a desk will pat themselves on the back and hope for a nice payrise.

So in practice, it made nobody safer, it didn't stop drugs being sold in the first place and denied a few ordinary, mainly-law-abiding people entrance to the festival. And probably also increased the animosity of the general public towards the police. Way to go!

Glastonbury this year had considerably less police and security presence compared to the year before. It had been steadily increasing over the 4 years prior, but this year I think Eavis was trying to keep his costs down. The result was I saw people openly dealing mushrooms, pills and ketamine. Lots of people doing "balloons" too which I guess is just the same as solvents/helium to get a head rush. Not my thing. It's nice to see that sort of availability - even if you're not interested in any of the offerings. It made you feel "more free" while at the same time it didn't spiral into anarchy with murder and rape.

The downside to less security was that theft increased, more tents robbed and some ignorantly slashed open.

@Mughi & Useless
The amazing thing about some festivals is that they make you appreciate what you have. 99.999% of the year you have running hot and cold water, decent sanitation, a secure and comfortable place to live. But we all hide away from each other in our isolated little environments. Festivals bring people together because they force you back to basics and to appreciate the things we all take for granted. Thats how it works for me anyway. YMMV!

Glad you & the misses enjoyed it Tnega, my brother said it was great ...

I saw that poor bloke died, and another knifed by some random bunch of cocks with nothing better to do with their time than try and kill someone. Damn shame :(

And Martz, I am actually aware of the lack of sanitation and so on ... its the main reason I dont wanna go to these things, despite the great lineups ..