Swe1 vs, UK1

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj_AL

-)EaS*
Nov 3, 2002
Lund (Sweden)
Do we play tonight (wednesday) or not....

my team really wants 2 know ASAP we cant just sit around w8 for u guys not showing up and then saying u did not agree on wednesday.
if no answer before 12.00 tomorrow wednesday its off... then we play 2 wars next sunday

gg UK1.....

Do we play tonight (wednesday) or not....

my team really wants 2 know ASAP we cant just sit around w8 for u guys not showing up and then saying u did not agree on wednesday.
if no answer before 12.00 tomorrow wednesday its off... then we play 2 wars next sunday

gg UK1.....

Well, the eng1 private irc channel topic states that we have a match vs sweden tomorrow (Tuesday 19th) and people have signed up on the channel topic. Although I am a bit confused as to why you are in doubt, I'm sure that at least 5 eng players know about the match and have made time for it.

Last edited:
well we need it confirmed as ive got ppl ready so u dont rearrange if u dont have best ppl

but confirmed and done now

only thing is we need to decide what server play first 2morrow.
either swede or 8server

we can play 8server if we agree on same map list on bothservers

I don't know if we can get a UTV broadcast for this, Cratos was going to talk to me about setting up a server for it but he's away for a week :(

If anyone else has the ability to set up a server we could do broadcasts on (/me slaps MyM) PM me please.

smant.. swe want us to play the same maplist for both matches - I don't see why I should agree to this, since I can't guarantee we'll have the same teams for both matches, which changes my map choices a bit tbh.. cant see anything in rules to say we have to play same maplist twice

well then its an HUGE advantage to play HOME server first as u know result and can pick gurdia asteno etc in second war as u won the first war.

SO who decides what server to play first on if we play both war. as its an advantage to play home server first IMO the team who won most matches in group stages decides if they wanna play home server or away server first.

thats just my opinion.
gonna be one boring game with all "tie"maps and its gonna last for 5 hours with oceanfloor al river al asteno guardia and so on.....

i prefer same maplist in borht wars way funnier.....

if thats not agreeable then admins need to decide today what server we play first, today.....

yes i agre on 8server tonight as i though we pick same maplist twice but apparently this is not the case for UK1 as they might change to "tie" maps depending on score today IF we play 8server.

up2u guys..

as i said. i prefer same maplist

you can't force a team / clan to use the same maplist for both matches.

I see your point tho, then in an away match a team could play maps like Guardia or Astheno (to have an map advantage), but your team can do that too.

you can't force a team / clan to use the same maplist for both matches.

I see your point tho, then in an away match a team could play maps like Guardia or Astheno (to have an map advantage), but your team can do that too.

Yeah Bart, we have the chance to do that as well but as you know it´s not the same thing...
If 1 team decide to play a fair game and choose "normal" maps to make this a very nice game the team who plays on the "worse" server last allways have the option to screw the other team over if they want to by doing lame map choices. There are quite a few "tie-maps" that can be chosen which i´m sure every1 are aware of.

So basically it´s all about trust and you know not many ppl can be trusted when it comes to winning or losing a UT game.

Edit: I want to point out that i personally don´t believe Uzi would be that lame but as any other team would think there´s no way we can be sure of it. And that´s what it´s all about.

Last edited:
• AS-Asthenosphere
• AS-Lavafort][
• AS-OceanfloorAL
• AS-RiverbedAL
• AS-GuardiaAL

I guess you mean those maps? Well imo GuardiaAL, Lavafort][, OceanfloorAL almost never end in a tie these days. Leaving only RiverbedAL and Astheno which are long and boring maps I agree, but its only 2 of the maps, and if they choose 2 tie maps then they are stupid because:

one tie map makes it best of 13 which is 7
two tie maps makes it best of 12 which is also 7

giving them no real advantage anyway, they would need 3 tie maps. And anyway they are in the maplist so imo you have no right to complain about them being played. In fact if you feel that strongly you should be posting in league forums trying to get them removed from the league as well.

It's nothing to do with "trust" either, you pick the maps you wanna play and that will give your team the advantage. If you play "away"then you choose launching and spam maps if ur ping is actually gonna be that bad (which it won't be, I'm sure all swedes still ping ~50 to UK servers). If you play "home" then you choose minigun maps so you can minirape them to death. It's just common sense. If you wanna play bridge, siege and ballistic 10x then go play a pug imo.

I just hope there isnt as much complaining in the match.

I´m not complaining Joko, just facing the facts. And i simply just want a fair, fun and clean game so i don´t understand why you see it as complaining.

As a sidenote:
Out of the 5 maps you pointed out there are Astheno, oceanfloorAL and RiverbedAL that most likely ends up in a tie. Lava and GuardiaAL are not considered tie maps imo. In fact they´r actually quite good maps. Quite spammy but definetly not impossible to finish. So yeah if a team wants to have advantage they can choose those 3 maps.

Yeh I do see your point, I wouldn't like to play those maps either, but regardless of what order you play in I don't think its right to take away the choice of maps from the teams. If there is a problem with the maps it should have been sorted before the cup began.

i agree with u Joko but the problem in our case is who decide which server to play on the first war??

the team with most points from group stage? or how do we deicde that.....

Rules said:
The team who scored more points during the group stage gets to choose if they want to start home or away first. If both teams had the same points at the end of group qualification the team with the best map difference gets to choose. Otherwise an administrator will flip a coin

Code:
Tag	Played	G-Won	G-Lost	G-Tied	Points	M-Won	M-Lost	M-Tied 	M-Diff
===	=====	=====	======	======	======	=====	======	======	======
ËñG¦ 	4	3 	1 	0 	9 	30	11 	0 	+19
SWE	3	3 	0	0	9	21	6	3	+15
I guess its settled

same maplist twice and you cant make a advantage out of the who plays home server first, more fair and more fun gg

The thing about home and away server is ping issue so why choose different maps, should imo be same ground to play on..

:satan:

OH MY GOD XB you solved it.. :rofl: naab

ENG had 5 teams in their group and sweden 4.. gg and england had pos2 in their group so sweden are higher ranked so gg again :lol:

Code:
Tag	Played	G-Won	G-Lost	G-Tied	Points	M-Won	M-Lost	M-Tied 	M-Diff
===	=====	=====	======	======	======	=====	======	======	======
ËñG¦ 	4	3 	1 	0 	9 	30	11 	0 	+19
SWE	3	3 	0	0	9	21	6	3	+15
I guess its settled

Status
Not open for further replies.