Survivor Assault #7 OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

All maps except DustbowlALRev04 can be downloaded from here:

http://downloads.qoou.com/downloads/maps/

Links provided in this thread don't work for me at least

yeah thanks a lot for the links nomercy! :D

- links dont work indeed download.utassault is down and not coming back I just got too lazy to remove the links from my post :/

still mym assured me that a "fast" redirect should still be on for people who need to dl the map

ok few things i gotta say

-event was nice loved it
-siege map is bugged, many people including me were stuck
-people were sliding all over which needs to be fixed
-html. u shouldnt comment on people's plays as it gives their identity away

ps; who launched me to hammer warrior? was my most epic ut moment

the event was pretty fun yes but there was very obvious flaws regarding the stability of the server, on several maps it was so laggy half the players were invisible for me, couldn't even see if was shooting my weapon or not, after 6v6 or so that stopped but 180-200ping (for me) as well as everyone sliding etc was a real put off but i understand there wasn't much that could have been done without mym around.

2v2 however should have definitely been played via pug, everyone agreed on that regardless of ether html wanted his own maps for the 1v1 bit, a bit better moderation would have done for a very enjoyable event.

Very nice effort put forward into this, sadly it just wasn't meant to be, was loads of fun tho, :thumb:

Was also looking forward to the sushi lesson, naja :P

Great :D was awesome to watch :D 1 minus point at the break after 3v3 lavafort..........awesome tournament :D

Here is the story of my first Survivor!

My plan was to stay around mid-table until around 5v5, no struggle to get immuns but if I get one vote out top players first few rounds and then lower players later rounds.

Gladiator: Plan worked fine on def, mid-table score despite horrible lag everywhere. On attack I didn't know the map very well (especially wep placement!) and so I was shitting myself at the end when all objs were taken by everyone else but I had none and only a few frags.. I hammered up the side and sneaked in to Final, there was someone chasing me but somehow they stopped and went back outside. My first Survivor map and I get the vote :P

There were two deffers on the top of the table with the same score so I wasn't justified picking either of them, they could not earn the def frags immunity. So I chose the next one down, who turned out to be Axl :fingers:

Dustbowl: All I needed was one objective, as it was likely that the people who got no objs would struggle for points. I also fragged OK too and someone launched me to the glass door after the Generators for an easy 10 pts. Safe in round 1. On def I was careful to push at all times until the Generators, at which point I spammed really well with rox for plenty of frags, safe again. Plan working perfectly :cool:

Bridge: I wanted Main Gate and got it straight away, so I could relax and let the map play out. I single hammered someone to Final but someone else had already launched someone else to Charge 3, but I hoped the Final guy would remember me anyway, plus my frags and Gate pts in the bank, I felt secure, and I was.

On def I grabbed bridge shock and dropped right away, according to my plan. Got a quick multi but struggled after that by being teamkilled. Got enough frags late on anyway to not get noticed on def frags.

Siege: Hammer-camped on def but ended up doing tower def, got no hammer kills but 3 normal frags (top fragger!). On attack I lagged badly again and couldn't hit anything, so grabbed rox and set up a dark. The guy got it and my -1 told people I was the launcher = safe.

Vampire: Another "need one obj" map, and I got Barricade then just fragged. Top frags on def again, playing really well, plan 100% working.

Had a bad feeling about Desert when we attacked and I just failed to snag Samsite from under someone else's nose. I skipped to Underground for my 10 pts and was so close to getting Final but got flakked. Round 1 though so I knew my team wouldn't care about Round 1 points on the vote, Round 2 was the important score to get.

In Round 2 I was dumb enough to hit loads of ppl and frag pretty well, getting top frags again, which got me noticed. It was kinda my plan anyway because I assumed that other players would be thinking like me and would be voting out lower fraggers before higher ones in the later rounds. I didn't plan on Term's stupid life, he voted me out based on top frags with 11, why.

Was really fun but I got screwed by a bs random decision, I now know how it feels :angry: I was 03 btw.

Rest of the event was a clusterfuck, sorry html but that was a mess. Server and other things kinda ruined it and I'm sort of glad I didn't make it through. Thanks for arranging anyway, need more of these imo.

Here's my story:

Spam mini and sniper until the invisible ppl or walking dead bodies stop moving, usually aiming 10cm in advance coz of the lag.

And then on lavafort use my [awesome ripper©™] to get immunity.

No further plans were made, I just hold left click and hope smt dies in 2v2.

I laughed i had a blast i was more than happy about the turnup, this MAY not have been the last survivor.... that being said a lot went wrong.... dunno if ill be arsed to make a detailed post for now:

red# : 21 56 12 84 79 48 26 61 03 51
twnz 56
axl 48
cyb 26
kaka
nightwing 21
nomercy 79
useless 03
term 51
teks
torp

blue#: 42 57 73 25 64 33 89 07 86 13
dj 57
xb 25
ert
mex 07
pit 33
rocky 89
seas
smant 86
ulv 42
wildlee 13

10v10: 03 vote 48 42 vote 64 33 perm for warrior hammerkill
9: 61 vote 79 25 vote 07
8: 56 vote 61 57 vote 86
7: 51 vote 84 42 vote 89
6: 51 vote 12 13 vote 73
5: 51 vote 03 25 vote 57
4: 56 vote 21 25 vote 42
3: figure it out

topfrags :
red: tie 03 didnt see tie 12 03 51 26
blue: 25 25 25 didnt see 42 57 didnt see 33

cyborg term vs twnz xb
i fucked up anyway
twnz xb win balli by default
cyb term win snowdunes
twnz xb win guardiaFUN

1v1 xb forfeit to twnz on first map siege3

sent 14 quid to xb 14 euros to term and cyborg for the amazing fact that they put up with the lag AND reached the 2v2 final, gonna send 42 quids to twnz if he sets up a paypal in the next 7 days

if you doubt my fucking word about the money just ask any of these 4, i only have 1 word and i keep it

sorry everyone for the technical problems but i have no idea how to fix tunnel or texture bugs all I know is that the server was fine for me when i tested it

and as far as being stubborn for the 2v2 and 1v1 and changing servers, i didnt have admin on other servers and wanted to stick to what i knew even if i saw like everyone it had problems

ANYWAY
I wanted to have fun tonight and I did, thanks for playing everyone

Last edited:
I was 42.

Sorry ert, rocky and someone else (73?) :(

Cheers to html for taking the time to arrange this, and also everyone that turned up!

My Story:

Get a few objectives here and there every attack.

Get 2nd or 3rd last place in frags.

KEEP F1 open most of the time

If I was high on frags, I'd either wait around shooting the walls or something or I would kami myself with rockets to reduce my points.

Side dodged only as much as I could.

Friendly on teamsay :D

Shot zombies who were dead but looked alive,
Went skating with enemies.

Was so frustrating not being able to frag though when it was 10v10, 9v9 etc, was so easy but I had to avoid it lol

Last edited:
server was ok after I removed hi res textures, no more people "standing" after dying. have to say dominated from the beginning on my team, made perma and carried on dominating winning votes to take out threats, my target was 2v2 win, which I achieved, didn't know who to pick on my team just guessed. 2v2 and 1v1 were a very messy, can understand wanting to try new maps to help underdog,but Guardia FUN really just lotto in 2v2, also 1v1 twnz was gettin instructions from his pov, nobody helping me, didn't make sense. apart from this enjoyed a lot, best survivor so far for me ( maybe because I haven't played for a while), well organised but perm is still to strong imo, typing on.mobile sorry for mistakes

edit: bonus voted out dj

gg

Last edited:
sorry everyone for the technical problems but i have no idea how to fix tunnel or texture bugs all I know is that the server was fine for me when i tested it

Textures are now fixed, Smant pm'd me when I came back and I checked it. Don't really know why they were wrong or why nobody had a probem in the previous survivors as nothing changed, this server install as you know is only used for this event type and then closed in between. Unfortunately if I had been around it would have been a 10 second fix :(

As for tunnel, again this should be the same as before, so if nobody asked for one previously then there wouldnt be one running, I assumed there was one but then again ive never needed to use it also possible last survivor was before it moved to current location.
Only Timo can set it up, but I think all Dog can start tunnel if its not running. All tunels run off same program so its a case of they all work or they all dont.