Support Big FIles?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Dj_AL

-)EaS*
Nov 3, 2002
Lund (Sweden)
Any1 know where i can upload a 4.5 Gigg file?

MegaUpload only supports 1024meg.
Ive got no good ftp client opened and i dont wanna recompress movie.

Any1?

Could try letitbit.com, it allows file sizes of 2 gig, so you'd only have to split it into 3 bits (I assume it's an .iso or something).

its actually an 4.5 gigg .avi file.

dont wanna compress it anymore. is it perhaps possible to split in 4 diffrent RAR files and then upload or?

ftp server would be best though hm

If you wanna split it and don't have winrar or similar tools, then use "7 zip portable", DJ.
Select the zip format (common format for everyone), compression level "store" and split it by setting that option in the lower right corner of the dialog window (enter "200M" for 200MB parts).

na taki, eierste wieder im forum rum. komm zoggn du hansn. 2v2 los

lol schell weg wa... hier aus der viewer list

Well Taki downloaded 7Zip and tried to split zip files but somehow CPU went craxy and i had created 100 000 files on my M drive. = REBOOT.

Dunno migh be virus. uninstall ASAP.....

hm ok could try that one aswell.

7split was a disaster to install. Helped when uninstalled it all my 100 000 temp files disapeared.

argh man..... how hard can it be.

need a file server

LOL

problem solved

<DJ> If you compress your file(s), you can enter the volume size in the
<DJ> "Split to volumes" field in the "archive name and parameters dialog:
<DJ> general options" to create volumes (multi part archives).
<DJ> By default it is entered in bytes. But if you add a lowercase letter 'k' at
<DJ> the end of the volume size, the entered value will be considered as kilobytes
<DJ> (multiplied by 1024).
<DJ> Use an uppercase 'K' to denote thousand of bytes (multiply by 1000), '
<DJ> m' means megabytes and 'M' - million of bytes.

Seems like i needed to add the "m" for Megabyte. Otherwise 100 000 files "k" was created lol

not easy to know i googled it.

Using WINRAR to split file. Works fine

GG Thread Closed

Ye that's caught me out a few times in Winrar :P HJSplit is good and simple but I've found it's a serious resource hog, everything else slows to a halt while it's working, and with a 4gig+ file you'll be there for half an hour.