Summer Lan 2003 !

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

^G^

Jun 3, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Right all, I together with Neo, Opti and anyone else who would like to help, are gonna try and get a Lan sorted for Summer 2003.

I am hoping to get a large hall to hold the lan in and hopefully it will be big enough so we can sleep in aswell using sleeping bags.

It will be located in the Midlands, hopefully in Birmingham thus making it easy for everyone to attend. It will be held during Summer 2003.

When I find out how many people will be interested in attending I will find out how much it will cost us. I will be asking for a deposit from everyomne to cover the cost of the hall. The rest of the money will be paid on the day and any left over will go to Food / Drink for the weekend. No profit will be made.

We are hoping to get some sponsorship from a company to provide the game servers and set the network up, so only post if your very serious about attending. A variety of games will be pld not just UT, this will be decided at a later date.

The lan will hopefully run from the Friday evening to the Sunday morning. Everyone attending will be expected to help in making sure the place is tidy before we leave.

Well thats just the basic idea at the moment. Everyone and I stress "Everyone" is invited to attend. People mucking about will NOT be tolerated and if anyone is found doing this they will be asked to leave immediately ! There is also an age limit of over 18's only.

So if your up for a great lan please post here with your comments.

^G^

I'm intrested, if the price is right and some other southeners are going past my house (for a lift :P)
:D

Sticky-fied (anti spam stick on standby)

:scared: Not really my kinda thing.. being stuck in a hall for 3 days with u smelly lot!! Mebbe if Spirit goes aswell.... long time between now and next summer tho, :\

Aye, next summer is a long time away but you can count me in for now :D

We are hoping to get some sponsorship from a company to provide the game servers and set the network up

By this do you mean they will provide all games machines etc or will it still be bring ur own?

we are up for that! Sounds like a perfect chance to get owned in person again for me :bounce:

Yer I'm up for it...
sweetCyberM.gif

Last edited:
As an aside I don't know what you guys do for a living yourself, but if you need a hand with the logistics (cat-5 cabling, Ethernet switches etc) give me a shout.

I'd be delighted to help out any way I could.

Networking is about 70% of what Wintermute Consultancy (Myself and Mughster's comany) does :)

I would really like to come over.. clear thing is.. i can't bring my comp of course :)

Any chance of hiring a few extra game machines too, for people who can't/won't/are not allowed to, take their comp? (Willing to pay for it of course..)

next year? :)
:teehee:

UT2k3 lan the game will be done by then hopefully.
We gotta hire some expensive machines tho to run that game :D
Also depends on who goes fs :devil: