Suggestions for 2K4 AS & ONS Leaugue

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Felerian

"All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"
Nov 5, 2002
I sent two mails do the administration of the 2k4 league but they dont got much time lately so i will take the work in my own hands and post what i came up with to let you guys take part in my thoughts and ideas. Maybe ppl can suggest what is good and what is less good, maybe even crap. I will just copy and paste the emails if you dont mind cuz at the end ill start working everything over again and end up spending another 2 hours rearranging everything again... argh... believe me... many things go threw my head thinking of possible stuff for the league setup.
Here mail 1:
Felerian´s Mail said:
Ok, how do i start this... ill try to explain totally from the beginning to the end and you guys can figure out yourself how to explain my idea to the community... prolly gonna be a bit confusing *smile*

UT2k4 Assault Leauge:

It should be the same Division System as it is in the UT99 with few arrangements:
So here a example for the matchtime, length & mapcount:
Due to lack of good AS maps right now i suggest a thing for now that can be changed as soon as enough maps for the league are there:
A match consists of the default maps of the game, 6 maps with each map played 10 mins per round that means: 6 maps x 10 mins x 2 round (att & def) = max 120 mins (excluding maploadtime & tac-talk). So a match max goes for 2 hours :)

When enough maps are available and included to the league i suggest this:
When about at least 10 maps are available, Clan A picks 4 maps, Clan B picks 4 maps. So a match consist of 8 maps with each map played 8 mins. So we get this:
8 maps x 8 mins x 2 round (att & def) = max 128 mins (excluding maploadtime & tactalk). So we still got about 2 hours matchtime.

Scoresystem during match:
A Clan get points for every Objective and the Clan that got most points by objectives (not kills) wins the map.
Example:
Lets take a map with 5 objectives, Team A reaches Objective 4 when the time runs out, Team B reaches Objective 3 when Time runs out. Team A wins the map.
If Team A reaches Objective 3 when time runs out and Team B reaches Objective 3 when Time runs out the map is a draw.
If Team A finishes the map in 6 mins Team B has to finish it faster to win the map or it is a win towards Team A.
If a map is won then the Clan gets 1 Point for the matchscore, a Draw brings no point for no Clan. The Clan with the most points at end of the match wins. If its both the same score the match is a draw. (in case it is a relegation match they keep on playing until one Clan wins. No 2 points advance and nothing. First Clan to win a Map wins the Clanwar = Golden Goal)

Divisions or Ladder:
Well, as we had a 2on2 AS League and it died realy fast due to Clans allways wanting to schedule Clans above them and never wanting to play other beneath them, i think the Laddersystem is very odd and will end up dead real fast too. Clan allways wanna play the Clans that are at Top and Clans at the bottom will have a hard time scheduling. So i think the Division System with its nonagon system should be kept, besides many Players like that system. There should only be few littel changes to promoting, scheduling and some other things.
Promoting:
Each month there should be 4 matches (thinking of ppl with a family and a real life) that should be more than enough (1 match for every week).
A Clan has to fight every Clan in his Divison once in 2 month, so he plays 4 in the first month and 4 in the second month. After that, the 1st and 2nd are Promoted. The 3rd plays a relegation match against the 7th from the Division above. I suggest this way of Promoting because with a monthly promoting and only playing half Clans in a Divisions it is a bit unfair to good Clans that play Clans with lower Points. So if 2 Clans that both are strong. 1 that gets Clans with much points cant just run through leaving the other one behind that had to play Clans with less points due to the nonagon system. With my suggested system, each Clan has to play each Clan befor anybody gets Promoted. This system also stops Clans jumping to HZ and thinking to run up real fast again. Cuz they will have to fight to get back up.
Scheduling:
A Clan has to schedule all matches befor the 15th of a month or he will have to take Penalty points of about 5% of the owned Points (this could be talked over ---> poll) this Penalty should be given because Clans that dont schedule fuck up the serversystem due to, Servers at beginning of month empty and not used and at end Clans cant find a server (or cant agree on a server). After a sertain Date the League Administration will have to schedule that match so it can take place. And maybe another penalty should be given (5% of Points?).
Not showing up at a match:
If a Clan does not show up at a match (without making a post in the forum "at least 1 DAY = 24 hours in advance" then the Clan will get a penalty of 5% (poll)
League Scoresystem (not ingame):
For each win you gain 10% of the opposing teams points. For a draw both Teams give 10% of their points into a Pot and the points are shared 50/50. If a Clan wins against a HZ Clan then he gains 5% of his own Points. If a Clan loses against a HZ the HZ Clan joins the League with the Points that the Division Clan had and the Clan that lost loses 10% of his points. If a Clan plays a Draw against a HZ Clan, the HZ Clan joins the League with the same amount of Points that the Clan they played the draw.
When you are promoted you have the same Points as the Clan on pos 7. If Clan on Pos 7 was Clan 3 of the lower Div that won the relegation match, then Pos 7,8 & 9 have the same Point count than the Clan on Pos 6.
Respawntimes:
The Attacker should have a Respawntime of 0 or 1. And the Defence should have a much higher respawntime maybe 3-4 because with both on 0 the Attackers have a really hard time cuz they might have to fight the same enemy player 2-3 times depending how far they have to walk till next objective because the defence can walk towards attackers and when he dies he is infront of the attacker again. So the Attacker should have less Spawntime to compensate the far way he has to walk. Remember that there is no way to launch in 2k4.

So some decent poll for the AS League would be (in case you like my idea of the leaguesystem):

- Matchtime (1 or 2.... but ppl will all vote for 2 hours anyway)
- Penalty for not scheduling (yes or no)
- Penalty for not scheduling (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%)
- Penalty for not showing up (yes or no)
- Penalty for not showing up (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%)
- Spawntime for att & def:
if Att 0 then def 3
if Att 0 then def 2
if Att 1 then def 4
if Att 1 then def 3
if Att 2 then def 5
if Att 2 then def 4
(these are just suggestions)
- Promoting (every month = fight 4 Clans befor promo /or every 2nd month = fight 8 Clans befor promo)

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UT2k4 Onslaught Leauge:

As many ppl know concentration goes down after a while playing so i think a match should not go longer than 2 hours. Of course if all maps are played out to the maximum Time then the time could be more than 2 hours, not any different than to the UT99 AS League. So remember the 2 hour maximum and wanting a match not to get boring each team should at least get to pick 3 maps (4 if the time for each round is decreased a bit).
So here a example for matchtime, length and mapcount:
Clan A picks 3 maps, Clan B picks 3 maps. So 6 maps are played 2 times (both possitions on the map). Every round goes 10 mins (cuz we dont want to bust the timelimit. Dont forget that there is mapchangetime and about 30 sec up to 1 min till a map starts so teams can talk about tactics. So that means: 6 maps x 2 rounds x 10 mins = 120 mins playtime (excluding maploadtime and tac-talk).
If the Round time would be decreased by 2-3 mins each team could pick another map so each team picks 4 maps and that would give us: 8 maps x 2 rounds x 7-8 mins = 112-128 mins.
Depending on if Clans prefer to play longer in a map or rather play more maps.
(this could be talked over ---> poll)

Ok now to the scoresystem during a match:
Every time a Team (Clan) destroys the Powercore of the enemy team during one map (2 x 10 mins on the same map) they get 2 points. If a Team reaches 10 Points befor the end of the 10 mins the round is over. The sides switch and the 2nd round (another 10 mins) starts. The Team that scored 10 points keeps these 10 points during the 2nd round too. At the end of the 2nd round the Team with the most points wins the map. So a map takes 20 mins max.
Here a little example of a gamesituation:
Team Red scored 8 Points and Team Blue scored 0 Points in Round 1 of Torlan. So the score for the map is 8 - 0 at the end of the first 10 minutes. During the 2nd Round Team Red scores another 2 Points and Team Blue manages to make 10 Points in 7 Minutes. So the Second Round is over after 7 Minutes and the New Score for the map is 10 - 10. So the map Torlan is a Draw. So if this was the first map in a match the Match Score would still be 0 - 0.
At the end of a map when the Powercores start to drop health, if the Core gets destroyed by a Player then they still get 2 Points. If the Core is destroyed by the healthdrop due to the time then you only gain 1 Point. If both Powercores reach 0 at the same time no Clan gets another Point.
At the end of the match the Clan with the highest Score wins the match, in case Score is even then the match is a Draw. In a relegation match no Draw is accepted. Both Clans keep playing until one Clan wins a map.

Divisions or Ladder:
Well, as we had a 2on2 AS League and it died realy fast due to Clans allways wanting to schedule Clans above them and never wanting to play other beneath them, i think the Laddersystem is very odd and will end up dead real fast too. Clan allways wanna play the Clans that are at Top and Clans at the bottom will have a hard time scheduling. So i think the Division System with its nonagon system should be kept, besides many Players like that system. There should only be few littel changes to promoting, scheduling and some other things.
Promoting:
Each month there should be 4 matches (thinking of ppl with a family and a real life) that should be more than enough (1 match for every week).
A Clan has to fight every Clan in his Divison once in 2 month, so he plays 4 in the first month and 4 in the second month. After that, the 1st and 2nd are Promoted. The 3rd plays a relegation match against the 7th from the Division above. I suggest this way of Promoting because with a monthly promoting and only playing half Clans in a Divisions it is a bit unfair to good Clans that play Clans with lower Points. So if 2 Clans that both are strong 1 that gets Clans with much points cant just run through leaving the other one behind that had to play Clans with less points due to the nonagon system. With my suggested system, each Clan has to play each Clan befor anybody gets Promoted. This system also stops Clans jumping to HZ and thinking to run up real fast again. Cuz they will have to fight to get back up.
Scheduling:
A Clan has to schedule all matches befor the 15th of a month or he will have to take Penalty points of about 5% of the owned Points (this could be talked over ---> poll) this Penalty should be given because Clans that dont schedule fuck up the serversystem due to, Servers at beginning of month empty and not used and at end Clans cant find a server (or cant agree on a server). After a sertain Date the League Administration will have to schedule that match so it can take place. And maybe another penalty should be given (5% of Points?).
Not showing up at a match:
If a Clan does not show up at a match (without making a post in the forum "at least 1 DAY = 24 hours in advance" then the Clan will get a penalty of 5% (poll)
League Scoresystem (not ingame):
For each win you gain 10% of the opposing teams points. For a draw both Teams give 10% of their points into a Pot and the points are shared 50/50. If a Clan wins against a HZ Clan then he gains 5% of his own Points. If a Clan loses against a HZ the HZ Clan joins the League with the Points that the Division Clan had and the Clan that lost loses 10% of his points. If a Clan plays a Draw against a HZ Clan, the HZ Clan joins the League with the same amount of Points that the Clan they played the draw.
When you are promoted you have the same Points as the Clan on pos 7. If Clan on Pos 7 was Clan 3 of the lower Div that won the relegation match, then Pos 7,8 & 9 have the same Point count than the Clan on Pos 6.
Respawntimes:
Talking about Reinforcements, the spawntime should be not lower than 2 sec... maybe even higher on 3 or 4 because the lower the spawntime is the more spam and harder it is to destroy a Core / take over a Node.

So some decent poll for the ONS League would be (in case you like my idea of the leaguesystem):

- Matchtime (1 or 2.... but ppl will all vote for 2 hours anyway)
- Mapcount (if roundtime = 7/8 then mapcount can be 4 per clan, if roundtime = 9/10 then mapcount can be 3 per clan, if roundtime = higher than 10 then mapcount can be 2 per clan)
- Roundtime (look at mapcount)
- Max score per Round? (yes or no)
- Max score Limit per Round? (if yes above then how much? ---> 6, 8, 10, 12)
- Penalty for not scheduling (yes or no)
- Penalty for not scheduling (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%)
- Penalty for not showing up (yes or no)
- Penalty for not showing up (1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%)
- Spawntime (2, 3, 4)
- Promoting (every month = fight 4 Clans befor promo /or every 2nd month = fight 8 Clans befor promo)

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw. I offer myself as a Admin too.

Why i think i could do the job as a Admin?
Well here are my stats: *smile*

- I am online allmost every day from 16:00 GMT until 23 GMT so if any PPL would have problems... no matter if it is Server Problems, Scheduling Problems, League questions, whatever i could be there to help.
- If ppl have a fight or somebody has to be punished i can judge in a neutral way any time no matter if it was somebody i like or not.
- I got ICQ, MSN & IRC so i am very available for everybody :)
- Im sorry that i cant programm so i cant make you guys a LeagueAS :P
- Any other things i have to know or do to be a admin?

Reactions: Avalanche
Here mail 2:
Felerian´s Mail II said:
another Idea for UT2k4 Laddersystem for ONS & AS:

All Clans are in one "Division" (Ladder) but still there is a HZ for beginners that just joined the League and dont have enough Members yet or Clans that have to take a HZ Penalty for example.

The main thought of the Laddersystem is a Challenging System and it has to be thought about very well because you dont want Clans to destroy the League by just challenging the TOP 5 Clans and nothing else so they get up really fast in the Ladder.
I got a really great idea i think that could manage this all and everybody could be happy with :)

Ok let me try to get this over to you guys without making it difficult.

Ok, lets start with HZ explanations:
Every Clan starts in the HZ, this means that they can reject all Challenges at any time without any Penalties.
Any Clan that is not in HZ can not reject a Challenge from HZ.
A HZ Clan can Challenge the bottom 5 Clans (if many Clans in Ladder maybe should be changed to bottom 10).

Getting in the Ladder:
At the beginning (when the league starts) the first Clan that gets into the Ladder gets 100 points (or maybe 1000?)
After that every other Clan that joins the League bye winning a Game against a HZ Clan hast the same amount of Points as the Bottom Clan. A HZ Clan that wins against a Clan outside of the HZ, joins the Ladder with the same amount of Points than the Clan they played. This Clan loses 10% of its own points.

Once you are in the Ladder:
You have to play 4 matches a month (for every week 1 match), but you can only play each Clan once a month due to preventing fake Clans. You can only play a maximum of 4 matches also. If a Clan can not manage to play those 4 required matches in own fault then he gets the HZ Penalty. Every Clan can challenge the 5 Clans above him and the 5 Clans beneath him. A challenge can not be rejected once you are in the Ladder (if those two Clans allready played a match this month then there is no way they can play again). And a Match has to be played within the next 6-8 Days, so there is no way to try to trick Clans and force them to HZ cuz they had to wait 3 weeks for a match to be played. While a Clan is challenged he can not be challenged by any other Clans and can not Challenge others.

Penaltys & Scores:
If a Clan (the challenged & the challenging) does not get to schedule the match the Clan gets a 5% penalty. And the other Clan gets a default win. If a Clan schedules and does not show up to the match they get a 5% penalty for not showing up and the opposing team gets a default win. If you cant show up, it has to be posted at least 24 hours in advance so you dont get the 5% penalty and only the default loss.
A clan that wins gains 10% of the other teams points.
A draw ends up with both Clans giving 10% in a Pot and then 50/50 share.
The Clan with the most Points is at the top of the ladder and the Clan with the least points at the bottom.

(Matchplay and Matchscoring plz refer to my mail yesterday, thx)

Something not to forget:
If the system would be altered in that way that Clans could challenge any other Clan in the League then all the Clans would allways challenge those Clans with the most points, what brings us nowhere in my opinion :(

I have a 2nd Scoring System in mind to :)
Allmost in Soccerleagues :D
Every Clan starts with 0 Points and when they win they get 3 Points, when they lose they get -3 Points. If they Play a Draw the both Clans get 0.
With this system it doesnt matter to what time what Clan gets challenged cuz with a %point system Clans allways try to play the enemy Clan when the best time is with most points etc.
I guess you know what i mean.

No matter what system the Ladder would have to be reseted at least once a year, better twice. So clans that start later still have a chance to compete against the others else it would be at the bottom for very long :(
Therefor i like the other System i send you yesterday much better, cuz when you reset you just reset the Points. Here you have to put all back down to HZ else its not really fair =P.

Ok enough from me again,

thats it,
thx alot for reading all.

lemme hear something :soon: comment, suggestions, anything plz....
@ Jackel: im not talking to you :naughty:

only read a bit of the ONS setup and i dont understand fuck off it :D

u keep talking about destroying powercores and getting 2 points for it (getting a total of 10 points wtf???). its only possible to destroy a powercore once per round! and a map is played 1 or 2 rounds only. for a powercore destruction before overtime (OT) u get 2 points, after OT u get 1 point.

10 minutes for a round is a bit too short imo, 15 would do better. and dont forget that a full OT is like 10 minutes as well in the worst scenario. a single map could take like 25x2=50 minutes (and trust me, it happens alot in ONS with equal good clans)

and each clan picks 3 maps. omg, ur really asking for problems now. imagine 6x50= like 5 hours of gaming. both clans take 1 map id say, or maybe maybe 2.

Heres my suggestion for AS :

Dont change original maptimes
Dont change spawntimes
2 - 4 maps in match
Use 99as league rules/scheduling/booking/scores

Thats it, now start the league :P

Reactions: Geo
Konnan said:
only read a bit of the ONS setup and i dont understand fuck off it :D

u keep talking about destroying powercores and getting 2 points for it (getting a total of 10 points wtf???). its only possible to destroy a powercore once per round! and a map is played 1 or 2 rounds only. for a powercore destruction before overtime (OT) u get 2 points, after OT u get 1 point.

10 minutes for a round is a bit too short imo, 15 would do better. and dont forget that a full OT is like 10 minutes as well in the worst scenario. a single map could take like 25x2=50 minutes (and trust me, it happens alot in ONS with equal good clans)

and each clan picks 3 maps. omg, ur really asking for problems now. imagine 6x50= like 5 hours of gaming. both clans take 1 map id say, or maybe maybe 2.

:confused: you did not read right...
i am making suggestions.
why do you say 1 ONS map goes 2 rounds? there is no finished setup at all so far i know so i just make a suggestion. get it? I just suggested to play few rounds till a score of max 10 (or something else -->poll) and the minimum is a draw due to time over.
(actually i was counting with 2 round too... but a round is not over when the core is destroyed... understand?)

For myself i think 2 x 25 mins a map and only 3 maps in a Clanwar = bollox... because... who deciedes the 3 maps? 1,5 each ;) for sure not... so it has to be a number devidable to two (4,6,8). PPL wanna play different maps. Dont wanna play allmost 1 hour on one map btw. we were talking of 2 hours for 1 match... so if a war had 3 maps (what you sayed) and each map is played 2 x 25 mins... i get to 150 mins = 2,5 hour playtime + mapload time 1-2 mins per map + a default wait time till map starts about 1-2 mins to discuss tacs, so each match takes 3 hours or what?
sorry you must over-think your post plz.

If it really is to hard to understand guys then tell me and ill try to explain it better.

@ all:
1. i just make suggestions
2. read my post completely befor complaining
3. plz send me a PM if you dont understand

thx

Last edited:
8 minutes per map that would put u where 1 inch from the start?
Think we all should play a bunch of friendly's first before we start spewing our idea's on paper it might seem dandy but well.... The real thing is a tad diffrent

And u read konnan's reply he tells u your seggestions won't work don't forget mfi have been playing ONS in official matches quite a lot. Yet u respond i'm just making suggestion saying he shouldn't react that way so much for neutral reacting lol.

The times you give for the maps for both ONS n AS imo are 2 short.

Like i said play the game in some more CLAN games either friendly or official....

I don't mind seeing sugestions but make sure next time that you make them out of experience rather then just wild guessing same for people voting on the polls.

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Felerian
RookiE said:
8 minutes per map that would put u where 1 inch from the start?
Think we all should play a bunch of friendly's first before we start spewing our idea's on paper it might seem dandy but well.... The real thing is a tad diffrent

like i sayed, many things have to be tested and worked out. But we have to start somewhere right?
Its like when you make a map or a skin... first you draw some lines on a piece of paper...
then you try to get there, and you change alot until it works how it "can" be made working.
:) same here

so this mean we have to play some ourselves and maybe check how some other leagues are doing it. But that does not mean we have to do it the way other leagues do it. Just take a look and see... to get some ideas.

PS: i am not just guessing, im making suggestions from expirience... its not like i never played ONS ;)

Last edited:
have you played it in a ladder cup or league vs an equally good clan?

And Assault?

And as it goes from starting from sowhere it should be done from the polls off so that the people who voted know that their input does count. And then after playing it in the "test" period they can give the Admin team their opinions.

felerian u really need to play ONS competetively to know what ur talking about, seriously... many things have been thought out by jolt/clanbase and other leagues.
i appreciate the work u put in it though :)

like rookie says, 8 or 10 minz is too short for ONS (soz dunno anything about ut2k4 assault). 15 minutes seems a quite good length which doesnt make a map boring at all.

and i meant to say BOTH teams pick 1 or 2 maps. so in the end we play 2 or 4 maps then (2 roudns per map) ;) (not 3 or 5 or whatever). then just add scores from all maps. before overtime is 2 points, after overtime is 1 point.

example:
team A chooses 1 map
team B chooses 1 map

round 1 of map 1: A wins before overtime (2-0)
round 2 of map 1: A wins before overtime (4-0)
round 1 of map 2: A wins before overtime (6-0)
round 2 of map 2: A wins before overtime (8-0)

those 2 maps can take up ALOTTA time with equal teams. just imagine how long it will take with 4 maps (8rounds).

again i agree... but as you can see youself some votes just dont make sense...
the way the polls have been started allready had some mistakes (not blaming anybody here)
so the way the polls are finished till now matches would take like 3-4 hours....
in any other league matches usually dont go over 1 to 1,5 hours... (maybe in new leagues for ONS time is different, i dont know)
in UT99 we were special with having match go 2 hours... tense great equaly clans still make it to a 3,5 hours... fighting on 14 maps.
any other league like CB or UCL has matches run 3 maps (CTF & TDM) for each 20 mins = 1 hour.

and thats where i wanna start drawing the lines...
isnt it really great fun to play many different maps instead of get bored on one map you play for 1 hour?
in normal case i agree in a ONS map running 20 mins... but its bollox to say i want 2 round so you have the chance to play from both bases... and still want one round to be 20 mins... omg maybe more???
you play 2 x 25 mins and get really annoyed by the map maybe? If you could just play 2 x 10 or 2 x 15 mins.

and in AS i think 10 mins (1x10 mins attack + 1x10 mins for def) for each map should be more than enough because you should not forget, in the new UT2K4 system the team that gets most objectives wins, not the one to finish the map. So dont worry about getting draws all the time due to time too less... 10 mins is long and you dont win if you just def the map... you have to stop enemy getting more objectives aswell.
best imo would be the default maptime =P
:)

@ Konnan: your post does make much more sense to me now :P thx :)

Last edited:
Instead of all this fancy, complicated shit, how about whoever wins the most maps in the match wins and takes the points like normal? :P

i understand ya thoughts felerian and i got a solution for it i think, which bring more versatility in matches. ill copy it straight from CB ONS cup quarter finals settings.

- Both clans choose 2 maps from the maplist.
- Each map is played 1 x 15 Minutes.
- Clans may choose the colour on the enemies choice of map!!!
- First clan to reach 5 matchpoints wins the game.
- Overtime is NOT played. If the core is not destroyed before overtime, the map is tied. (kon: i dont really like this feature for just ladder wars, this feature is specially for quarter/semi/final games... i personally like OT games to be played fully)
- A map win is equivalent to 2 matchpoints.
- A map draw is equivalent to 1 matchpoint for each team. (kon: see my above point about draw/OT)
- If the game is tied after 4 maps, a 5th map is played.

If a 5th map needs to be played, it is selected like this: the clans take turns eliminating maps from the list of unplayed maps until one map remains. The clan with the most core destructions after 4 maps can decide who eliminates a map first. If both clans have the exact same number of core destructions after 4 maps, then the clan that won a map first gets to decide who eliminates a map first. If all maps ended in a tie, the admin flips a coin.

In case of a fifth map, the clan who was last eliminating a map may select the colour they wish to play.

Reactions: Felerian
128 mins in Assault maps. 8 mins practise rounds, 8 mins loading, 8 mins at the end of every round....sounds like it could possibly reach 3 hours, which i would try to avoid. Iv played a match on clanbase which consisted of 2 maps and it actually lasted an hour due to map changes etc. I think the maximum amount of maps should be first too 3 or best out of 5. This would make short wars just over an hour and long wars maybe 1 hour and a half. I did like UTA's 3 hour wars, but i think it'd be nice to have shorter wars with more of them. Anyways just my opinion anyway.

Japster said:

Dont change spawntimes
2 - 4 maps in match

Totally agreed m8, best post on 2k4 discussions yet ! def rep points :D

And felerian your suggestion of 8mins per map, example first war on clanbase map junkyard 8mins later other clan finally get power core back to vehicle. Which would mean 1 objective in full map time ufff.
I reckon peepz should start playing friendlys cause i got a feeling folk just typing and not even played an AS war for example on 2k4.

Japster for example has played wars and makes sense with his post !

Lets get friendlys happening so all yous can experience a war on 2k4 AS(i have a thread opened for it ) b4 making suggestions.

8 minute AS maps??! you serious? You really need to go and play a competative AS match felerian like tzu pointed out a good team will hold u a minimum most times of 2 mins before u even get H-bender started, shoot it up 3 times n thats it game over..lol You really call that fun? And this is based on a 5 man team NOT 6 so it b even harder imo Just listen to japs n rookie and the rest who actually played wars, i totally agree change NOTHING at all yet play some friendlys n then see how it goes.

I was very sceptical of the CB rules 2 matches etc but it works well actually so no need to to b to radical a change from that format imo best of 5 if u wanted it to last longer but DONT shorten the map times ffs :S

This has been pointed out several times and i wish people would rember this....... THIS ISN'T UTAS ITS 2K4 AS

thx :D

P.S How long it take to type that lot felerian essay ffs :eek:

Last edited:
Japster said:

Dont change spawntimes
2 - 4 maps in match

i aggree with him