Suggestion

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bossk

spammer extrordinare
May 30, 2002
Shangri-la
Well I dno if its possible but since u have to wait sometimes quite a bit to play a PUG how about a 2nd pug server?
We could use one of the league servers (that are usually empty during afternoon). This way you dont have to wait so long :P
That possibel admins?

i've offered my server which I have for another 2 months but mym said the bot can only run 1 server

fine first and last time I'll do anything positive for this league

But how often does a pug take longer than 1 hour? Not that much of a wait. Publics are still an option btw :P and when a pug happens there is never usually more than 4 or 5 people waiting to play.

IMO it will be pointless and will more likely split the PUG users down the middle, on server preferation.

Only occasionally, like last night, are more than 12 people wanting to play, which does cause a problem yes.

Having more than 12 players willing to play is much better than having to few which is why it´s best with 1 server at the moment. Normally there aren´t more than 12 players interested. It happens but then it´s just tough luck for those who were to late joining.

Kakashi said:
people always reset for some reason ..

yeh only 8 ppl or 10 are interested for quite a long time thne we set to 8 or if needed 10 players....we start pug and then others wanna join...but hell..for some fuckn unknown reason the players who aint signed yet reset the freaky PUG game only cuz they wanna play too...but guys..you should understand that the pug is about to start and u destro the pug game with your bloody resets all the time....when you come late you need to play the next pug...easy as that...bye.

yes, reset is to ez to do atm..

Mebbe only those who are signed can do it instead, makes it harder for those others to reset just because they wanna play. So they have to ask the signed if they are interested in reset for adding more players... :satan:

note: reset is anoying as hell, in dm pickups only admins can do it

the bot can probably only run one server per channel
so itd work with another channel #utapug2 I suppose

As some people have pointed out already there is a big problem in creating a second pug server.

First of all you will find people idling in both channels, signing to both pugs and which ever one becomes ready first will have the player’s attention. That leaves people leaving the players waiting in the other channel twiddling their fingers.

The player base for PUG isn’t high enough to justify a split down the middle. On occasions there are more than 12 people waiting for the pug to start, generally however you can sign at any time of the day and have a chance to play.

It’s good that sometimes the channel has more than 12 people waiting; it allows people to have greater incentive to stick around and it also shows the pugs popularity.

I’m sure the most of you can agree that the PUG is a success, players prefer the higher skill level and the ability to use tactics via team speak.

I will with MyM monitor how many players are ‘waiting’ if it can possibly justify another server being run in conjunction without destroying the original pug altogether then perhaps that’s an option.

As for signing, why are you speaking on forums, there are people waiting for a pug! :x