style ur windows

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Lazy fuckers learn to use search.
Someone asked about the modified dll, here it is (courtesy of Rich)

Rich said:
if yu want to use themes without having to install stylesXP
just over write your existing uxtheme.dll with this one in your
Windows/system32 folder and your windows/system32/dllcache folder .
to see the dllcache folder you have to go to folder options view hidden file types and view protected files

uxtheme.zip

Then you can d/l themes from www.themexp.org and the installation instructions are on the webby.

Have fun!

http://www.jonmega.com/iceman/ (apple shit)

http://www.themexp.org/preview.php?mid=1836&type=vs&view=&page=&cat=&name=chrome4[XP]AE.zip

theres the chrome theme i used. called chrome4.

Last edited:
very well, but:

If your download only consists of a visual style (.msstyles) file inside the .zip, then open Style XP 2.0 and click the 'Visual Styles' button. Next, click 'Add a New Style...' , navigate to where you have your .zip file stored and select it, then click 'Open'. Click 'Apply Style to Current Theme' once your new style displays on the list.

the usefull thing about the uxthemes.dll is that i dont have to have stylexp installed, but without it i dont have the "add theme" option. so how can i load the .msstyle with windows then? >_>

edit: surprisingly just dubble-clicking the .msstyle files works ace :D

Last edited:
the only thing i find annoying is when i hit the windows key + M (Minimizs all/ Show desktop) and click start all the windows i hided show up again :( lol

like it tho

Btw, you must 'register' Aston :) Easily to do tho ;)

Very nice proggie, i got it running and customised everything :) Owns! Thnx bart0s! :spock:

Masterrr said:
what about spending more time with this program instead of says it doesnt work ?
anyway thx bart for this program :)
I got the same skin master ;) Altho iv set it up different, mine's more beautifull :sofa:

/me hides

Pete said:
I got the same skin master ;) Altho iv set it up different, mine's more beautifull :sofa:

/me hides
This is how i did it ;)

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 101
Have been looking around those sites mentioned and wow ! Damn some of those look really cool, i didnt even know things like that existed.

So now im tempted to fuck up my pc again.

What i am wondering is if the dll-hack-themes also allow for the fancy buttons and info and extra stuff that the aston prog seems to do.

Also, how does the aston prog work ? I mean is it like a normal prog which u can sort of ALT-TAB out of if u like or are u stuck with the theme until u "uninstall it" ?

Any one have any info on how much memory and processor this prog chews up ?

Calender is called 'Rainlender' (google for it ;))
Masterr gimme that winamp skin!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

I changed my taskbar since i posted that screeny, and changed the fonts of the menu ;) Oh and least but not least i got myself another start button ;P :llama:

What i think is irritating about aston is the fact that start buttons are vertically centered (which nobhead made that up?) and that there's no spacing between quicklaunch and the rest of ur menubar..

i might even throw it away just cuz of that, it irritates me!

Ok, i uninstalled the f00ker :<
Actually, i was glad to see the old winXP skin back - its better for ur eyes, believe me..! Really a shame that aston is so buggy and undeveloped, might be something good for the future :p

Still a nice find tho bart

Any one have any info on how much memory and processor this prog chews up ?
Like i already mentioned, i used Aston on a Duron 1GHz overclocked @ 1.2GHz and 384MB SD-RAM. And it ran smooth, didn't notice any performance slowdowns.

Also, how does the aston prog work ? I mean is it like a normal prog which u can sort of ALT-TAB out of if u like or are u stuck with the theme until u "uninstall it" ?
Nope, this program creates a new own "desktop".
You are able to choose between the Aston style and the normal WinXp (non-Aston) desktop via a program called "Aston Swapper" (look at pic).
So you are free to decide if you want the Aston desktop or the normal WindowsXP desktop, although you still installed it.
And ofcourse you can change the theme in the way you want.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 84
Ice said:
buggy and undeveloped because of a toolbar you don't like? :uhh:
Who says i can be arsed to give every minor reason? Fo ice, and go tease someone else with your noobish arguments :D

read your own posts, it looks really weird, as if you uninstall the program just because of some unaligned text. i didn't write it, you did :P

Just my opinion but i think this is a fucking awful program especially when running in Aston shell mode, no Marqee select, no simple drag and drop and no simple copy/paste unless you are navigating within individual windows. All the functionality of windows goes right out of the window for good looks. Like Rob said its too restrictive. And when you are running it using the standard explorer shell mode it seems to be no better than windowblinds, stylexp tbh.

It uses less recources tho!!!

Reactions: Joko and CeCe