Stuttering in UT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

riotz

My guns are killing me because I did so many
Apr 22, 2002
Scotland
in UT everything stutters with this new card (Radeon 9600 xt) , ogl and d3d plays real choppy and it's doing me in, it's really irritating.I'm using 4.2 catalyst drivers i think, any suggestions ondrivers ogendl.drv , ini settings etc ? thx in advance.

when i first installed my 9800 pro i had this nowt less thana full install of windows got rid of it for me, make sure you got rid of every last trace of your old drivers

Before my radeon 9800 pro died ( after 2 days lol ) it worked fine in UT with opengl i have the settings somewhere ill find em out there slightly different to the one's i posted in another thread as they were for nvidia cards like gf4's

Reactions: riotz
Riotz said:
in UT everything stutters with this new card (Radeon 9600 xt) , ogl and d3d plays real choppy and it's doing me in, it's really irritating.I'm using 4.2 catalyst drivers i think, any suggestions ondrivers ogendl.drv , ini settings etc ? thx in advance.

one of our guys had similar probs he installed 4.1 and its ok afaik

try here 4 drivers
http://www.ati.com/support/products/radeonwinxppreviousdrivers.html

Ajax said:
when i first installed my 9800 pro i had this nowt less thana full install of windows got rid of it for me, make sure you got rid of every last trace of your old drivers

I reformatted my comp when I bought it Ajax incase I had that problem.

Last edited:
Paa` said:
Before my radeon 9800 pro died ( after 2 days lol ) it worked fine in UT with opengl i have the settings somewhere ill find em out there slightly different to the one's i posted in another thread as they were for nvidia cards like gf4's

Thx, will be appreciated (assuming they will work :P)

I have this proggie that I got from www.driverheaven.net that removes the files that don't get removed via control panel > add/remove programs , quite nice though maybe you's might wanna give it a try.

Hey Riotz m8, just like Necroscope said try the Omega drivers, they are alrdy tweaked for optimal performance.
I have an ATI radeon 9600 pro and had similar driver problems with UT. After installing Omega drivers everything ran smoothly :)

Paa`'s ogl settings and the 4.1's seemed to have done the trick, there is still a very slight stutter:hm: thx for input folks :thumb:

Last edited: