Stopping with cigarettes.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez

Jun 11, 2001
Now I'm abit ill (flu etc). I haven't smoked a cigarette in 3 days. Good time to stop smoking. I didn't have the urge in 3 days because I'm sick (Going better atm). And as I am feeling better the urge for a cigarette is coming up again.

But I decided to stop smoking. I put all my smoking stuff in a bag (lighters, cigarettes, everything) and gave it to my dad to hide it. :cool:

Now everything is hidden I instantly feel shakey xD its probably gone soon I hope.

Anybody got tips to ease the stress/cold turkey/urge? Any advice is welcome because I feel a rough period is up ahead ;(

you only need to think. of this post when you put your cigerette in your hand
sample.jpg

Yes they do, but my mum and dad both quit with will power! No matter what u use and try if ur not fully dedicated to stopping then theres no point in trying!

I agree^^ u can quit smoking only if u really want.. i tried quit smoking many times but my "will power" isnt so strong:P (maybe couse i love going to pub with friends and most of them are smoking and beer without cig doesnt taste so good:D).. but rly i wish u good luck:thumb:

Thanks =) I'll try to keep this thread up to date as my stop with smoking diary!
Day 1 (sunday): I was ill, didnt even think of smoking
day 2 (monday): same as day 1
day 3 (today): feeling a bit better, Urge of smoking is coming up, decided to stop smoking all together! Hid all my cigaretets xD

why hide your cigarettes, if you have the intention to stop smoking.. you should throw them away..
If you don't.. the step to smoke a cigarette again is easier, so the chances of failing are bigger :P

simple.. throw them away or you have no guts and you'll fail ultimately

oh and nice picture X-Bomb, tho after watching all movies at ogrish.com (r.i.p.) it doesnt look so bad:P

I let my father hide them , so I don't know where they are. It's basically the same. Even if I throw them away, if I don't have the willpower I will buy them or borrow them from somebody anyway.

i also stopped smoking a few years ago. what helps is some distraction. like sport, reading etc ... .yeah even gaming ut :P

Sneez, if it helps, I remember reading about some people trying to cure themselves of addiction and one of the case studies was a smoker. And the guy trying to cure him of it took him into a room and told him he was going to give him two nicotine cigarettes to 'consume' (that was his word, he didn't say 'smoke' for reasons which will become apparent). Anyway, the smoker had a choice - he could take both the cigarettes or he could take neither of them. He couldn't just have one and leave the other. So the smoker agreed to take them both, and the other guy brought in the first one, a brand which the smoker liked and had all the time, and he sat and smoked it.

But he still had to have the other one, so the guy brought in another cigarette and a glass of water. He cut open the cigarette and began tearing it into tiny bits, all the paper and the filter and flakes of tobacco, etc. Then he scooped up all the mess from the table in his hands and dropped it into the water and stirred it all up til it was this horrible looking filth with bits floating in it and black grime at the bottom. And then the smoker had to sit and drink all of it, like he'd agreed. So he did and he was so disgusted with it he was put off cigarettes from then on.

The point they were illustrating was that it only appeals to you if it's presented in the form of a cigarette, but if someone takes the exact same ingredients and turns them into a sort of cocktail of black and brown yuck that tastes like chemicals and dirt, you probably wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much, yet you still imbibe the same ingredients. It's psychological I spose, so mb try something like that and let us know how you feel afterwards :P