Steelie's new maps:) only beta tho

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ulv

League Administrator & Pastafarian
Jul 21, 2002
Trondheim
they r on his niz webby:)
http://www.btinternet.com/~imurray/
i can't seem 2 get scarab beta 2 to work tho:(
worst Things happen at sea rocks IMO, but with a well done use of hammerlaunches, i think it cud b done really fast, gonna try 2 make it with god on offline..... with a lil bit of praccy, i think it can b done online also:)
no tricks 4 instagib tho:(
not even possible 2 get up 2 ventalation routes:(
but nywayz, niz done steelie:)
i think he'll b posting soon as it says on web, but here goes:)

have u unzipped 2 yer unrealtournament folder?
have u followed the instrucktions(soz if wrong) on the readme and web?
u'r supposed 2 only unzip it to yer main UT folder, not in system, maps, music, etc:)

doh !!!!

those maps need AssaultBonusPack
and the dl on utassault.net is an umod

and i can't run umods :crap:

what files do i need from it ?

I'll be a hero. You can get what I think you need from the ABP at http://www.btinternet.com/~imurray/ABP.zip now
All needed files will be included in final release.

Like netroM said at first, I was gonna post a msg here asking for feedback, but I guess this one will do. I'll consider anything that u think will improve either of the maps. Feel free to be just abusive about them too though :)

I've done online tests b4, but I can't be around enough atm to do any.

btw in worse things you cannot complete the map by running over the roof or double IH to the oil platform. You can bypass the first 'turning off the pump' objective though.

Last edited:
@sonic, i know, but i lost my original UT :(
and i dl it from kazaa, and it hasn't got the unreal.exe

@metrom, thx for that url, i can open umods now :)

@steelhorn, nice maps :thumb:

Originally posted by SteelHORN
You can bypass the first 'turning off the pump' objective though.

Ye, not only that tho, when u directly get launched on roof (@heli) then hammer onto next level u can easily jump down, dont press new spawnpoint and dont drain oil pit. Just walk to that activating oil field (or something) thingie. So def only gets msg when you're (lets say) 20-30 secs away from final-obj so almost unstoppable for def :/.
Maybe u should auto open new spawnpoint just by walking over a line (just like atsheno-vents) instead of a button so def earlier knows u're there...

But maps looks vnice to me :D
lets put it on jolt3 @ neo!

Agree Active-X. I'll add a 'breach message' whenever an attacker enters the second half of the base. I need to look more into how the pump obj can be bypassed. I'd prefer it if u could only do it by launching from the platform outside the side hatch.

really nice one steelhorn, your maps rock :thumb:
cant wait to play them online

but actually i miss your map IonStorm, the screenies ive seen of this one were even nicer than the 2 maps, but if i try to dl it i get linked to the btinternet mainpage

then ive read you dumped it?
pls dont, the screenies looked really leet :)

ehrm... i agree with u souron, but steelie didn't come up with any good obectives or floor plan, so he dumped it:crap:
we cud mayb help him with it though:D