Standard Assault League activity

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Standard Assault League games activity

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meteor

<b>League A</b><b>dministrator</b>
Feb 2, 2002
Is the Standard Assault League activity what you expect? The question is related to the league games activity out of each players sight.

Just speaking for myself, I don't have the energy for four games a month any more, especially if I'm in Pro as well. I think two about does it for me, I just don't care enough any more to be doing 4 Std a month. I think most people prefer pugging to league games now anyway, and there are so few clans and divisions that winning and losing has very little real impact. When I play a Std match now I don't even give a shit about what points we get (or lose) as a result, I dunno what division we're in atm or where we are in relation to promotion or relegation. Hope I don't get fired though.

Tried several times to be active again, but exactly what Useless reported prevented me from doing it.
I suppose the majority of members are alrdy too old (way above 20/30) and have other problems/issues/interests to give a serious damn about league matches when they alrdy played the game for many many years.
It's more about having a chat and playing with "friends" as of winning anything. That's exactly what PUG could provide aswell.

Ofc there are as usual few who does, but you can find exceptions everywhere.

As for me, two games would be enough. i'm still suprised that there are so many guys who keep playing 4 matches every months for years after years on always the same maps.

Last edited:
I still think that we could venture away from this stagnant situation by including some interesting cup competitions.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder etc.

Remove ProAS and iAS and 2v2 leagues. Reduce either the amount of maps requires, matches per month of team numbers for stdAS and instead replace this reduction with 3 or 4 cups per year. Workload is shared between the reduction hours amongst admins or as before I said volunteers can help.

Removing the 2 dead leagues (ias and proas) and having 1 cup per year will IMO definitely make the game a little more competitive. There are ways of making it more even with Pug like picks or a draft system. However, these ideas get brushed under the carpet and I think it is a shame we are just letting this game die rather than going out on a bang.

i just play the occasional game.. but a match does take a v long time sometimes. Cups would make it a lot more interesting and it would actually give me a reason to get more motivated. I also think that torp is saying some sensible things

Speaking for myself here, dont see the point in a cup... who would bother playing other than the div 1 clans? They the only ones who would stand a realistic chance of winning anyway, and if you do it in such a way as CB does where there would be league 1, league 2 etc or whatever they call it, then what is different about that than the divisions of the league?

Back on the topic of the thread, for me 2 or 3 games a month is fine, 4 is ok too, but if there are Pro and 2v2 games to play as well, then it becomes a little heavy for the time I have available.

What about a new "turbo" league of sorts? Normal Assault game speed, just with 1 or 2 less players per team and 1st to 4 or 5 maps or summit? That should never take much more than an hour for a game i would reckon? dunno how good an idea that is, but occured to me as it would be kinda like speed and turbo poker games :lol:

4 league games a month is plenty, its always been that way and alot of people that still play enjoy the clan wars,me especially even tho iv played this game for 10years or so. The proas and insta leagues are dead, nobody even turns up for there wars anyway so imo close them both and keep the stdas the way it is.

With ProAS and iAS League pretty mutch dead 4 Std matches + matches would be nice! :) #utapug fills in the rest i guess :P

!vote 4on4 stdas cup (with mixed teams (not all of one clan or whatever))
october 09.
first to 5 maps wins.
16 teams.
euro2008 structure with losing braket if wanted.

nice 2 first comments by b33r std players... bart never shows up and anthony stops by ramdomly...
:clap: u 2...

Really if some players of a clan don't want to play 4 games a month that doesn't mean it would help to reduce league matches... in the case of b33r (and some other clans with a lot of members.)

We need to have 4 matches a month to give our members enough slots to play about 2 matches a month!

Really think of it and not just post ego thinking here...

i wonder why in 2on2/PRO it is so hard to bring a squad? The real Problem there is that allways the same clans can shedule and the rest give a shit and are hard to contact... 2 required matches at those leagues are easy to do.

And all the stuff about cups and pugs...

I really don't like constatly changing teams, times and tactics... i really think it would be a problem for me to check for any cup, and WTF if it is in a bad time i cant play for month?!

Keeping UTA matches to a weekly rate makes it a hobby for some players, decreasing the number of matchs or change them to cups etc. whould result in loosing those players.

And again i think it will be the same demanding changes and playing all the time and the ones doing the work...

derZ

I really don't like constatly changing teams, times and tactics

but thats the real competition. you could have the chance to play with some people you never pld before and probably will play on positions u couldnt imagine you are good at.
i made the experience during the eac and pugs that there is actually more i can do than defending the position im used to. that helped me to improve my skill a lot. i guess im not alone with that. another good thing at mixed teams like pugs is, that you could play with or against players like wish, twnz and some other inhuman freaks; that could help to see things different too.

but whatever. i like to keep the 4 matches per month and would also enjoy to play a new cup or other events.

I prefer the 2 times/month - atm I don't have more time than that I don't think!

edit: please don't close down proAS!

thats why you can play pug or publics, or some cups... but to be honest its ALLWAYS the same picked first and playing together...

especially lower skilled players are just an excepted problem at those games

If you feel unlucky doing the job in you clan just change it... then you can also meet new ppl and get new posis...

If your clan is short on ppls or/and you are playing too much and need a rest... get new members in...

... rly dont let everyone vote here but put this to clan-representitives... they know best how often they have a full squad and if their clanmates want more or less matches....