Some new league maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

munkZ

Jun 7, 2001
England
Anyone else think we could do with a few more maps in the league? Just being playing desolate, thats pretty good.

here's the thing, snuggs psy and me walked through a lot of maps and the only one coming close to league play is AS-Desolate][ ...

there are rumours that there will be a new bugfree AS-Desolate][ one day but that's just rumours and i can't confirm anything...

other then that there just isn't a map closely good enough for league play without serious polishing...

gekokojouAL, some things already suggested to 'fix' it
a switch to open the top door

saqqaraAL, maybe same as siege, remove the both pathing and maybe some 'useless' objectives
and and second way to get last objective, or other spawns for def

astheno AL

which one is desolate again ?

snuggs psy and me

and me :P we went through desolate ALOT i think there are alot of maps we could have in the league with minor changes or weapon changes ive already looked at alot of maps and done weapon changes to them just need permission and people to try them

Originally posted by CheddahBrian
never understood why you UTA guys dont like gaurdia][, its shorter, smaller, and less spammy than gaurdiaAL
Coz its called guardia<anything> it shares the same name as the original poo-map, cant be good :)

Guarida is a great map, its just far to small to play 6v6 regardless of which version. The map is brilliant fun when you are playing 2v2 or 3v3, but anything more than that and it's just 5 mins of spam each way - I don't think a version will ever be made that suits 6v6 cos it's just too damn small!!

I reckon we need at least 3 or 4 to replace the bollox maps like overlord, ocean crap etc maybe even get rid of bridge for a while thats piss boring after 2 yrs as well.

Could do with a list of 5 or so map names, im not sure who decides what when it comes to adding/replacing league maps, although the screening process cant be that good, look at auto shit and submarine wank fs and altho i love asten its a bit silly that in the pat 2 yrs or whatever theres a map thats in the league that gets completed about 1 in every 10 goes or smin.

I just hope this thread doesnt disappear into the archives without any affect, clearly everyone wants new maps to compete through but few are able to offer any real ideas =/ prolly coz most are unsure how itll play in 6v6 competitive play.

Feel free to make some suggestions.
Not gonna promise anything, but personally I would also like new maps, the problem will be finding ones league-worthy.

as vampire, its a good map and the league mod kills the monsters off so you don`t need the unoffical 'al' version

what happened to things maps? forgot his name, the one who is creating assault for ut2k3... you know the guy.. he has some 0wnage maps... why not them for league play?

u mean Doc Edo :)

I really want some new maps too but i dont thing desolate is high up on my list but it would be better then no new maps

AS-Rocketcommand!!!! :stompa: now thats a good map :thumb:

Last edited: