soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Btw you ever heard of half-brothers?

Anyway, hopefully someone tackles him so heavily that he has to end his career.
Maybe then he finally learns how to be "social". But then i bet he would turn into a criminal path instead.
Some guys just dont deserve the skill they got from mother nature. Pitty.
I have, but I didn't know they were only half-brothers. No need to get all upset because I joked about Ballack lol. Relax man, it's not like it's you missing the WC.

Naja this is the first incident I have ever heard of trouble involving Boateng and he has been here over 3 years now... A late tackle is exactly that, no need for comments like that Bart. Yes, it probably was slightly malicious but Ballack is out for 8 weeks and you are talking about redemption being the end of Boatengs career, very hypocritical.

Anyway, like Gazz says, Ballack is a horrible little twat himself. Not much of a stranger to late tackles himself. When he isn't doing this, he is chasing referees down the pitch because decisions didn't go the way he wanted, not to mention constant swearing and berating directly in players faces, the arrogant cunt.

RUMOURS 19TH MAY

Not done this for a while cos I been busy!

Anderson - Manchester Utd to Benfica - Swap Deal
Angel Di Maria - Benfica to Manchester Utd - Swap + Cash
Jack Rodwell - Everton to Manchester Utd/Chelsea - £20m
Sol Campbell - Arsenal to Celtic - Free
Jimmy Bullard - Hull to Celtic - Loan
Aruna Dindane - Lens to Bolton - ??
Benjani - Manchester City to Sunderland - Permanent

David Villa signs for Barcelona for £34m. Now lets hear all the Barcelona fans crying over Real Madrid and Chelsea and Man City tryna buy everyone :rolleyes:

just just a good and cheap player that will make barca just better and it is not comparable to real madrids or mancitys philosophy.

Cheap is relative, just regarding to the tons of money real and mancity payed for less skilled players...

This is confirmed then? And i still dont think you can compair this to real tbh
Yeh, you can find the announcement on Valencias website I hear.

I wonder what this means for Ibrahimovic. Will he settle to be a squadplayer ready to come on with 20 minutes to go, will they play Ibra as in the middle in a 4-3-3 with Villa and Messi on the wings or will they sell him to some rich club aka Manchester City?

Yeh, you can find the announcement on Valencias website I hear.

I wonder what this means for Ibrahimovic. Will he settle to be a squadplayer ready to come on with 20 minutes to go, will they play Ibra as in the middle in a 4-3-3 with Villa and Messi on the wings or will they sell him to some rich club aka Manchester City?

Well ibra hasnt impressed me at all since he went to barca. Even bojan is allready better than ibra at the CF position imo. I'd just sell / bench ibra if it was up to me..

Eto'o would've gone as bosman had he stayed at Barcelona another season. And let's not forget how much trouble he was to the Barcelona squad with his attitude =p

How are they not comparable to Real Madrid?

In 2 seasons they have spent £250m and that does not include the value of Eto'o. They have just added Villa for £34m and plan to add Torres for £70m and Fabregas for £50m.

Indeed, not comparable. :rolleyes: They are just as bad.

RUMOURS!!! 20TH MAY

James Milner - Aston Villa to Manchester Utd - £28m
Fernando Torres - Liverpool to Barcelona - £70m
Cesc Fabregas - Arsenal to Barcelona - £50m
Jack Rodwell - Everton to Manchester Utd - £15m
Mikel Arteta - Everton to Arsenal - £15m
Jan Vertonghen - Ajax to Liverpool/Everton - £11m
Paul Konchesky - Fulham to Birmingham - £2.5m
James Beattie - Stoke to West Brom - £2m
Stephen Hunt - Hull to West Brom - £5.5m
Sol Bamba - Hibernian to Fulham - £1m

Avram Grant - Portsmouth to FC Twente/West Ham - Manager

Confirmed

Luigi Del Neri - Sampdoria to Juventus - Manager

How are they not comparable to Real Madrid?

In 2 seasons they have spent £250m and that does not include the value of Eto'o. They have just added Villa for £34m and plan to add Torres for £70m and Fabregas for £50m.

Indeed, not comparable. :rolleyes: They are just as bad.

That is, if they go through with that, which isnt sure yet ;)

I'd also see little point in buying 2 strikers tbh, but that might be me

No way their gonna buy Torres, they aren't planning to sell Ibrahimovic so they don't need any other strikers. They already have four good strikers, and Ibra.

And :lol: at saying Barca's like City and Real, they are probably one of the few Champions League teams that has 6-7 youth team players in their starting line-up :lol: nearly every time.

So what if they splash out some cash on a few players a season? A top team needs top players and your not gonna get David Villa or Fabregas for £10m. They don't wanna buy players like Tuncay Chun Li. What team doesn't bring in 2-3 players to strengthen their squad each year? Last year they bought 3 players, this year their planning to buy 3 too.

How many times has Chririsisyssky played? £25m up the wall in urine there then.

No one is denying how good the youth setup is there. Spending 250m over 2 seasons with possibly another 120 million to be spent IS a lot, doesn't matter whether thats on 7 players or 12. Spending 25m on players for them not to play is where the comparison lies. To get Fabregas on top of Villa would be well, greedy IMO. Already have Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Toure, Keita, not to mention some of the youth players who have made the step up this year. Where does Fibreglass fit in? Same with Torres upfront.

Chygrynskiy was given a few chances at the beginning of the season but played poor, and when you have Puyol, Pique and Milito in good form, you haven't got much chance of starting. He's only 23 and probably still part of their plans. Until he gets sold you can't say it was a waste of 25m, hes still got 4 years left on his contract. Puyol and Milito are getting old.

25m Chygrynskiy
46m Ibrahimovic (Doesn't matter about the eto swap, unless his body is made out of money)
4m Maxwell

34m Villa
40-50m Fabregas
??m

How much did Stoke spend on transfers last season? I don't know myself but wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 20m mark, and thats Stoke. This is Barcelona.

Thats about 159m, still alot but not as exaggerated as you always make it out to be ;)

They aren't buying Torres, thats probably the stupidest rumour I have ever heard. I doubt Ibra, Pedro and Bojan would be very happy sitting on the bench, especially Ibra's ego. Most likely they'll buy a full back as thats the only place I can see them strengthening.

Guardiola also likes to rotate his team, so I can see Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas all getting a reasonable amount of playing time. Yaya might be on his way out and the only problem I can see is that Keita might not be playing as much.