Slide show question

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Twonko

Love God
Jun 8, 2001
UK
I want to put a large number of jpegs on a dvd so that they can be played one by one on a TV with the filename showing preferably. I know I can just write them to dvd and play them on a regular dvd player but is there a bit of software I can use to make the presentation a bit better? Would prefer to manually click my way through rather than have them change automatically. Cheers

Err, I think Twonk was after the ability to burn a slideshow to a DVD to view on a TV, not watch one from a DVD/CD on a PC.

SSMM can create AVI's from slideshows, along with transitional effects.
ImageToAVI does the same.

Both are only output tools though, you'd still need to author the final DVD using something like Nero VisionExpress.

Gonna give xequte a go. Looks OK and authors DVD's as well. Says its easy. Haha.

cheers mateys

also i think google picasa (free) does burning slideshows to vcd / dvd

tried it once using nero vexpress tho and the quality was unbelievabley shit, like 320x240 res or smin