Shipman suicide...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Just heard today he killed himself in his cell. I didn't understand how that was possible - wasn't he a high-risk prisoner or something? The idea that he was not on suicide watch because he wasn't showing signs of wanting to commit suicide is a bit suspect - you can't commit suicide when you're on suicide watch so just wait till you're taken off it :\

They interviewed a few people in the community and most said they were glad to see the back of him and some said they were pissed off that the whole thing had been dragged back up again to cause the victims' families more pain etc. And no-one was at all sorry he was gone. They spoke to a woman who came close to being murdered by him - she went to him with stomach trouble and he said he'd visit her later at her home to prescribe the correct dose of morphine :redeye: Narrow escape there fs - can't remember how she got out of it but fs I'd be phobic or something if that had been me.

215 approx. murders ffs - how was that not picked up on??? They only caught him because he forged that will cheque thing. Frightening stuff - I had a doctor's appointment today and I was sure the guy was looking at me funny :uhh:

Isn't it the murders that can go around and live and (apperant) everday life the ones that are hardest to find ? *shrug*

{24}Useless said:
Just heard today he killed himself in his cell. I didn't understand how that was possible - wasn't he a high-risk prisoner or something? The idea that he was not on suicide watch because he wasn't showing signs of wanting to commit suicide is a bit suspect - you can't commit suicide when you're on suicide watch so just wait till you're taken off it :\
According to the prison warden rep on the news today, it only takes a few minutes - he used the bedsheets apparently. He had his priviledges removed last month - prison uniform only and no TV, and tomorrow was his birthday. Suppose it got to him ... *shrug*

{24}Useless said:
215 approx. murders ffs - how was that not picked up on??? They only caught him because he forged that will cheque thing. Frightening stuff - I had a doctor's appointment today and I was sure the guy was looking at me funny :uhh:
Because he was in a position of trust, and managed to brass neck it all the way over all those years. It is frightening, it really is ... if he hadnt forged the will he would still be doing it :scared:

Everyone is entitled to death from birth. It is, in fact, really one of the only 2 liberties we are born with: to live and to die.

I just thought it was much more scary than your usual multiple murderer or serial killer or whatever becasue it was totally the opposite of what people would expect. A guy who took an oath to care for people, never to do harm etc, in a position of trust like Mughi said, pillar of the community (they probably thought), married (I think) and earning plenty of money. He was even interviewed on TV once apparently, talking aobut the very things that he later abused. The fact that his reasons for doing it were so unusual - not for money or revenge or any disturbed frame of mind, just because he was in a position to get away with it. Terrifying that these people can be where you least expect it.

He was a power tripper, simple as that. He just sucked at it, thers tons of ppl imensily worse than him who we worsip as heros of history or respected ppl in the present.

Its like the SARS thing last year, every1 had their knickers in a twist when hardly any ppl died of it.

Not panicing about the latest bad news is SO 20th Cent.

Note:

"Home Secretary David Blunkett has told how he was tempted to celebrate when he heard Harold Shipman had died. "
"But he quickly realised it would have been inappropriate to "open a bottle" because families of the GP's victims would have felt cheated by his death. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3404041.stm

Miner said:
Everyone is entitled to death from birth. It is, in fact, really one of the only 2 liberties we are born with: to live and to die.

Wolverine said:
"Only two things sure in life Bub- Death and Taxes. And this ain't taxes"

*SNIK*