Shieldbelt Texture

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Basdo

<b>Lea</b><b>gue and Fo</b><b>rum Ad</b><b>ministr
Jan 7, 2002
Munich, GER
i use 'Direct 3D Support' for UT and you all know how the shield belt looks like (attachment). if i use 'OpenGL' the shieldbelt has other textures, which i personally prefer but i dont like opengl.

so my question is, is it possible to get the 'OpenGL' shieldbelt textures for 'Direct 3D Support' ?
thx for any tips :)

Direct 3D Support shield:

Attachments

• shield1.jpg
    shield1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 331
go to UT.ini find D3D bit and put

translucency (or something)=false
its either translucency or coronas or something, its defo one of the options there though :D

Highdetailactors=false

your's is set to true in ut.ini d3d options change it to FALSE

LMFAO fs paa is too addicted.. go study sommat usefull and get a job instead of studying UT:p: :moon:

at least he doesn't waste his time with aimbotting.

is there a way to get the HUD transparent again or will i have to live with that if i disable highdetailactors?

nope there is'nt a way to have see through hud

btw its very common knowledge about the highdetailactors nothing special.

same here ^^
and i think transluciency of the hud comes with it too
i just dunno what "transluciency" itself does then... :cow:

Bas i know another way but maybe u think its gay tho.
You'll have the SB from Highdetail on but with effect from off.
=================
set ut_shieldbelteffect style sty_normal
=================

to get back to normal, restart ut or type

=================
set ut_shieldbelteffect style sty_translucent

translcuency shouldnbe or translucent ttextures, like windows n stuff. if its off you will only be able to see 1 texture and no other tranlscuent texture in a row (ithink)

also wanted to mention destroys way of doing it, alternatively you could also directly assign the other shieldbelt texture(dunnoo where its stored might be somewhere in the GenFX package maybe)

sobo got there before me yeh translcuency is basicially windows and stuff like if u have it set to false u wont see anything more then black looking out of the windows on a map like ctf-dreay

thx ^^ :)
lemme check that

edit: hm i got the entry in my ut.ini

[GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice]
Translucency=True

but ingame with set ... i can't change it and it also doesn't appear when i open "preferences" in console....
weird.

i can see thru the windows

does it work for you (disabling it)?

Last edited:
Well i got this explanation for it and it works here

Translucency= Enable Transparent textures. Allows you to see though window glass, water, etc.

Just buy Paa's book, its 800 pages with .ini explanations and UT solutions :naughty: