Service restart

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ov3rMiNd

Apr 13, 2002
Lisbon - Portugal
Does anyone knows if there is some way to restart a service from command prompt?

I wish to use Task Scheduler to periodically restart some problematic Service which keeps hanging. As it does not crash I can't use service recovery so i need to restart it from time to time to keep it working.

Any ideias appreciated.

Ov3rMiNd said:
Does anyone knows if there is some way to restart a service from command prompt?

I wish to use Task Scheduler to periodically restart some problematic Service which keeps hanging. As it does not crash I can't use service recovery so i need to restart it from time to time to keep it working.

Any ideias appreciated.

net start "Service name"

Thx Martz.

I thought that 'net start' did only start net services, did knew it could start other services.

Since there isn't a 'net restart' a 'net stop' / 'net start' sequence should do the trick i need :D

Write a batch file to do it.

We have quite a few of them on the desktop's of the old NT servers here at work. Handy for simple things like the spooler crashes.