server setup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

its typical that some servers and the setup system play up when its mostly needed. i had to set another 4 matches manually today + server #5 and #6 had some problems while no admin was around again. i definitely won't be around this wednesday evening so i hope either the setup system will work again or psy/phoe will be online. letz see...

admin fight :fight:
btw they do it because they like to do it
so u can't force them to be online or not
UT is just a game and i think private life comes before a game :throw:

Seems I, yeah, the non UTA admin who actually has better things to do like spend time with his girlfriend, but doesn't as he gets annoyed when stuff doesn't work on UTA nd no admins are here (yes, indeed, trying the flame the hell out of the UTA admins) seem to have found a cause for server setup not working. Seems either the auto setup script changed back to an older version which isn't compatible with current serverconfigs, _or_ even more probable if you ask me (flame :P ) one of the admins fucked up the server ini's again ffs.
Plz one of you guys, contact me and I'll <strikethrough mode>kick you in the nuts</strikethrough mode> tell you what's the matter, so you can finally fix this, cause tonight was f00ked again...

well kipz, tell you what, we had a week were psy wasnt at home, mughi didnt even know about the server inis and I never touched em, yet when Psy came back he said they were all fucked (in that week all hell went down on me). They have a habit of doing that when nobody's lookin ;)

doesnt have to be a stupid admin causing the errors, its just big bad voodoo magics. :p:

sounds like a good idea. will prolly get ignored and many more clans will be left without a match when it happens again and no admin is around. tra lalaal

well sounds maybe stupid but i'm mostely online 2
and server 1 is mine maybe the admins could learn me how to do it and i can set up servers
i mean if a server isn't ready .... well i mean make like 2-3 back up server configurators
so if no 1 can't contact any admins just contact the back up 1s

just a idea
:shake: :shake: :shake:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

XB's idea of a new position to help admins with server setup sounds very good, if limited to afew effective and trusty ppl id say. Also admins, if this was to happen, be sure to have them names announced officially plz for a better transparency which is particularly needed in this case imo!

another perfect situation where admins aint about, server 6 has crashed, opponents wont continue on a similar clan server.

edit: on request

Last edited: