server 6 Freezer time

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rapidz

Aug 26, 2002
Hay well just had match with dwap but found it a bit unfair cause 4 of the maps we had 4v6 due to it not letting 2 of our players move. I know this is a problem but i thought version 450 fixed it (mayb not) Any way just wanted to warm other people who playing on server 6 make sure u got backup team (we didnt :\ )

Yeah, u guys had some problems :(
Anyway, server 6 was ok for us.

Isn't it a matter of having/not having UT CD-2 skins installed?

Server #6 is WinNT based thus it shouldn't have problems with CD-2 textures.
I know the server is having serious hardware problems lately. Today it crashed twice during my match :(

Digifrag is willing to get rid of it cause it consumes too much CPU, sometimes up to 100% of the machine (which host other game servers as well ... ) killing it literally. It has already burned a few P4 CPUs... :\

We will be moving it to a new machine by the beginning of october. It would be a dual P4 1.4 GHz 512kb cache, 1GB RAM, 18GB SCSI 15k RPM U160 HD + all the rest of usual stuff, to host League Server #6 + a Clan Server only. The price for this beast would be about half of what we are actually paying for Server #6 :cool:

It's very probable but it's not confirmed yet, patience.... more details coming soon ;)

it is the CD-2, becoz I had this problem once. Now that I dont have the CD-2 installed I dont have the porblem anymore, so it worked for me :\

Psychotic said:

I think we discovered that even WinNT servers have strange effects on CD-2 textures; depending on what version of UT the client has (i.e. Original CD2 / GOTY CD2)

Blobby you will probably learn at some point moderating your use of caps and talking politely to administrators will greatly improve the speed and attitude your requests/etc are dealt with

well question 'ere, rc's almost needs a new server any idea's off what the best server is? money isnt really a cause because gringers is a rich fucker and we can all chip in :P, no serious whats the best server for a goo price?

Psychotic said:
I know the server is having serious hardware problems lately. Today it crashed twice during my match :(

Digifrag is willing to get rid of it cause it consumes too much CPU, sometimes up to 100% of the machine (which host other game servers as well ... ) killing it literally. It has already burned a few P4 CPUs... :\

We will be moving it to a new machine by the beginning of october. It would be a dual P4 1.4 GHz 512kb cache, 1GB RAM, 18GB SCSI 15k RPM U160 HD + all the rest of usual stuff, to host League Server #6 + a Clan Server only. The price for this beast would be about half of what we are actually paying for Server #6 :cool:

It's very probable but it's not confirmed yet, patience.... more details coming soon ;)

Dual P4....1.4GHz's? If it isnbt a dual CPU now...amnd its running 1.4GHz's..then theres your problem. The P4 1.4GHz is a awful CPU. It has about the FPU power of a 1GHz Athlon, maybe even less, making a dual P4 1.4GHz system about on par with a 2GHz Athlon (2600+). Seriously...thats a pretty poor system by todays standards of 'brand spanking new server-ness'.

I believe server 3 also uses Windows NT, but that as no freezing problems that ive seen. And as a note, i believe dark players have also had problems with freezing on server 6.

@Blobby: I already said, by the beginning of October, but not confirmed yet.

@Timo: Problems with CD2 textures on WinNT servers ?¿¿¿??¿ :confused:

@Bahamut: Maybe you can provide a better one then? Jeez.
That hardware is kindly donated and we would be paying for the internet con. only. Thats why the monthly bill is cheaper.

Btw sorry, my mistake, it's a dual P3 1.4GHz 512Kb cache.

Psychotic said:
@Bahamut: Maybe you can provide a better one then? Jeez.
That hardware is kindly donated and we would be paying for the internet con. only. Thats why the monthly bill is cheaper.
What ever happen to the hardwear that MyM gave for servers 1 and 2?
cant that be used?

Psychotic said:
@Timo: Problems with CD2 textures on WinNT servers ?¿¿¿??¿ :confused:

Well yeh; there was that whole Ancient.utx 1k difference thing; plus those files GOTY CD2 are missing.

I do remember there being strange effects with WinNT servers and CD2 textures, but I can't remember the specifics. (The original CD2 Texture Patch was developed due to the effects of CD2 textures on WinNT servers; it had little to no effect on clients connecting to Linux servers)

Well I was one of the one's that was unable to move (on 3 maps) on the match Blobby was reffering to...also all other players were sliding (all maps), and when anyone was killed they remained standing. Very frustrating.

As we had a match again yesterday on server 6, I re-installed UT in a new directory and did NOT install CD 2.
The only extras installed were Bonus pack 1,2,4 the 436 patch and all league maps, this worked fine as I had no trouble last night on server 6....

I know my normal UT has a lot of extras instaled, CD 2, GOTY and 3 years worth of other downloads...but as mentioned probably CD 2 causing the problems...

And we seem to be a bit unlucky with it, as yesterday we had a different player in the match who had the same problem and had to leave....so beware !!!