Semi Final: Team.Wish vs Team.Meteor

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

interesting prediction for scoreline, isn't it over 2 servers XB?

Also

I can UTV i think :E

For those of you who don't yet know, 8-5 to Team.Wish. A team of monkeys is even now working on the report, plus in-depth interviews with Wish and with his future opponent in the Final, XB, to follow.

Last edited:
RESULT:TEAM MEATY WHORE 5 - 8 TEAM PISH

-=-=- -=-=- -=-=- -=-=- -=-=-

TEAM.MEATY PLAYERS: The Whore(c), Mena, m1cr0, Stylefish, Zyx, Target
TEAM.PISH PLAYERS: Pishe(c), dirz, Bn, Toone, Blade, sneez

TEAM WHORE MAPS WON: Riverbed]l[AL, GolgothaAL(1), Desertstorm, Ballistic, Bridge
TEAM PISH MAPS WON: Golgotha][AL, Siege][, TheDungeon]l[AL, AutoRIP, SubmarineBase][, Mazon, GolgothaAL(2), Desolate][

My Man of The Match: I know it's boring by now, but it's got to be Wish. All night the captain was getting objectives on attack and dominating the opponents on defence, so even though there were plenty of good players in this match there was only one MotM.

>> MATCH DEMOS & SCREENS <<

NB: The teams swapped to the (-8-) server halfway through and they brilliantly also swapped colours, which made things fkin tough for me. I swapped them accordingly but watch out for the change or you might get confused. I know how easily that happens for most of you.

At Torp's request I used the Meaty Whore and Pish thing, but now I'm stopping cos I refuse to be that puerile for the next five hours of typing this shit.

MATCH REPORT:

This is another one I was really wanting to see, and I'm glad I did. I'll be honest, I expected Team.Met to win it, and this was based purely on how well that team had backdeffed in the past. Time and again they had held off previous opponents at objectives by making ludicrous saves, usually from Met, and that combined with the fragging of m1cr0 and Fish is a big asset to have. It was a shame therefore that Met seemed to often do away with his team's biggest strength and instead move the defence forwards to try and take on a bunch of fraggers like Wish's team. And even after they got caught out several times they still failed to really adapt. On top of that they came out with some pretty daft strategies which only served to confuse their own team, rather than Wish's. Read the report to find out what I mean :confused:

Take nothing away from Team.Wish, however, who played solidly (or at least four of them) all evening and whose captain is so far unrivalled in fragging or trickpowah in this Cup. The server choices were maybe designed to favour Met's team in the early half of the match, and for the first two maps it looked as though this scheme had worked, with Wish losing both of them, thanks to shaky defending. The score then levelled out at 2-2 and the swap to the (-8-) server was looming closer. When it finally came Team.Wish were already up 4-3 and Met's plans were crumbling. The launch team of Bn and dirz was hitting its stride and Met could only pull off one or two answering launches of his own. As far as I could see it his team had only one advantage over their opponents at this point, and that was their backdef. Yet all night long it had failed to materialise and map after map passed by without a glimpse of the factor which had gotten them to the Semis in the first place. Their confidence was being sapped and even though they kept fighting it was clear that Wish was not flagging as the match wore on, he was waking up. By the end he was wiping people's faces on the ceiling and m1cr0 and Fish were the only ones on Team.Meteor who were still managing to respond.

So, in the end a very definitely deserved win for Team.Wish, and Team.Meteor, one or two players aside, can be grateful they didn't lose by more. Poor defence layouts and sub-standard launching accounted for 50% of this loss, and the other 50% can be put down to Wish's all-round play, married to the launching of Bn and dirz, plus occasional contributions from Mazon Chains defender, sneez. That being said, I have to give honourable mentions to m1cr0 and Fishy, both of whom deserved to reach the final. :bowdown: Maybe they can have a word with Wish and steal sneez's place or something...

TEAM.METEOR POSITIVES:

Fish and m1cr0 both turned up with a vengeance and were playing well throughout the match
No real nightmare performances from anyone
Often good communications
Occasionally got lucky

TEAM.METEOR NEGATIVES:

Ignored their own best quality - backdef - and gave away objectives by pushing out
Pulled some needlessly stupid stunts for no reason
Hardly ever attacked with any co-ordination, just pubs-style run-and-shoot as individuals, which only worked when Fish and m1cr0 did it
Consistently failed to deal with Wish, even knowing he would use tricks and lots of sniping

TEAM.WISH POSITIVES:

Captain made everything look easy (including suicides)
Often worked to negate the other team's launches, forcing them to rely on fragpower they didn't have
Bn and dirz's launches worked 90% of the time, whenever the rest of the team remembered to take them
Had four fraggers in comparison to Met's two

TEAM.WISH NEGATIVES:

Comms still being typed? :mic:
Dirz spent the night in Fishy's pocket :fish::moon2:
One or two silly defence decisions by Wish
Toone and Blade sometimes struggled to keep up, leading to the occasional 4v6 situation

MAPS BREAKDOWN

-=-=-

WARMUP: BALLISTIC

Red defended full time.

-=-=-

MAP 1 - RIVERBED]|[AL

QUICK MAP REPORT:

Well, in a map where one might expect a bunch of snipe ho's like Wish's team to clean up quick, the reds got off to a pretty nice start, kind of. True, it took Mena until 9:58 just to get the Outpost (!), and my speakers were reverberating to the sound of 12 prrts; but then Fishy got tired of the whole thing and simply hammered over the top and sneaked in to claim the Comp a mere seven seconds later. Red were in the right place at the right time to effect a massive push low but the blue team were back well and dirz, Bn and sneez took everyone down. Everyone except Met who hammered to the spawn roof unnoticed and dropped into the Tunnels on 9:28 - the blue backdef were thrown off by the fact he accidentally hit the door surround when he fell, making them all miscue while he totally shinoned his way in. Can't trust these admins, man. Wish and dirz moved way up front after the Passage went, but they couldn't catch everyone. You would be forgiven for thinking that two high backdeffers such as Bn and dirz could handle Mena, but the red man (or woman?) took em both down, dodged through and round the top, then leapt onto the Charge on 8:33 while the blues flailed pathetically. Meteor and Zyx then went for some high sneakage while the blues pushed out low; Zyx got twatted by high tunnel flakking Bn before he could pull the trigger but the ninja wasn't quite ready for Met who snagged the Final on 7:54. Danged nice first attack versus what was supposed to be a blue frag team. A mention must also go out to the frag power of Zyx in this round, which did not exactly hurt his team's chances.

Unlike Wish's team, the reds fell into the old defence trap of being pushed farther and farther back after the first one or two forward runs, yet this didn't matter much because Met's team are (or were) notoriously good backdeffers. For this reason it took Bn until 1:54 to get through to the Comp, taking it down Fish style while baffled m1cr0 fired rockets at it from up in the Outpost platform :confused: Bear in mind m1cr0 was supposed to be deffing it, not attacking it :trout: Bn had had to redeem himself somehow after setting a series of side launches to what should have been the Comp roof, but which turned out to be somewhere else entirely, often much lower down :impact: He later had the balls to blame Blade for not having boots... Anyway, Wish squeezed the Tunnels on 1:15 after sniping and miniing his way through the spawn; then he luck-sniped Fishy in the high route to dodge to the Charge on 0:31. A miracle launch was needed but the blues couldn't work an umbrella, let alone a miracle launch. Wish and Blade got very very close at the end but first Target and then m1cr0 got them with flak and sniper respectively.

MAP RESULT: TEAM.METEOR WIN!

SCORE: 1 - 0

-=-=-

MAP 2 - GOLGOTHAAL(1)

QUICK MAP REPORT:

A quick and easy river launch had m1cr0 inside the Temple on 11:48 but it took a further forty seconds for the reds to finally shove through sneez and Bn's door spam to claim the Doors. Mena got a headshot on last man sneez, ruining his spree, and got Undead on 10:59, and the reds decided to push through the inside, while Wish left Toone alone in the Undead area to warn early for anyone going outside. This meant a 5v6 deficit for the defence and this, coupled with the reds' nice custom launches from the low door, resulted in Fish and Met getting launched virtually at the same time. Wish caught Fish with a dish full of pish as he landed, but no-one spotted Met landing soon afterwards, so he thought taking Hurons on 9:56 would be a good idea. The blues made an arse of the low Siege def, so when only two of them made it to the ground it was no problem for m1c to mini both of them and take the Siege at 9:41. That is not a Siege def. But next came a great moment which I can't take a screeny of because of Golg's fucked up no-teles-in-demos bs - the blue team arranged themselves perfectly in formation in front of the high Siege exit and fs I wish I could take a shot of it to show you what I mean. Looked so nice :( Anyway, red tried to launch Fish but he thplatted. He then took another one and whipped his flak cannon out to finish off last man Bn at the Dungeons on 9:02. Bn got a lucky spawn just as it went and came at Fish again, but Fish still had ammo in that flak cannon :flack: He had Attackers in the bag on 8:46, and the blues only held the Heart for another thirty seconds before Target slinked over the right bridge.

Not knowing a launch from a jar of toad scrotums, blue pushed low. Some hefty button mashing allowed Toone through to the Undead on 2:49, after which Wish tried to launch dirz outside, sniping out Fishy on the way. But Fish got a warning off which meant that m1cr0 was on the cliff to twat dirz before he could reach Hurons. Red then began to live dangerously with a hell of a lot of last second saves. Wish's team were getting off whatever launches they liked but if there's one thing that Met can do (and there isn't) it's objective saves. But only until 1:07 when the opposing captain beat m1cr0 down twice to take it. It wasn't tremendous defence but it was enough, and Toone reached Dungeons on the 0:02 mark.

SCORE: 2 - 0

continued...

Last edited:
MAP 3 - GOLGOTHA][AL

QUICK MAP REPORT:

Pissed off with the fact that his team can't set a simple double launch from the start, m1cr0 owned his way forwards, taking out Wish, Toone, Blade and dirz in one run to win himself the Gates on 9:33. Next came a bit of an anomaly on the part of Team.Wish, whose captain stayed back to cover any gate launches Meteor might wish to try. Target did hang back but Wish didn't spot him, so with their top fragger out of the picture the blues were left to fanny about versus a red team who were more or less allowed to push low all they wanted. Met ran around the left route with full hp to drop off the stairs and grab the Sword on 9:04 and only four seconds later Zyx was into the Lifts from what I can only assume was a double hammer from under the gates (invisible in the demos). Blue managed to pull out some cosmic spam for the next minute and a half, but Target was allowed to launch m1cr0 from the most obvious launch spot into the Temple on 7:39, m1cr0 showing off his air control > XB. Zyx took until 7:10 to get the Cross via the unheard-of trick of simply running up the middle stairs. Blue clearly hadn't planned for that one.

When is a launch not a launch? When it's set by Bn and dirz. Once they'd set up their double, the rest of their team took one look at it and all ran past, muttering. Pair of tits, honestly. Dirz then got his act together and walked to the Gates on 2:26 while the rest of the team actually killed people, which is half the point. Dirz, Bn and sneez all proceeded to kill themselves repeatedly, for no purpose, until the new spawn appeared. Way to lower your stats, fools. Blade then tried to hammer-jump to above the gates, forgetting that you need a certain amount of health to jump with... You didn't think I would mention that, did you Blade? Anyway, as we have seen, it is usually a bad idea to let Bn or dirz anywhere near a launch, but this time they got it right. While Wish clap spammed everyone in sight who even looked like they were holding a weapon, the tit brigade sneaked to the Sword launch spot and dirz fired Bn up nicely. Met was in position in the Temple but he got no warnings, and Bn jinked around the corner just as Met unleashed some reflex rox :clap: That happened on 1:25, which was not good news for the red team, who then lost the Cross on 1:06, again to glory hunting twat Bn.

MAP RESULT: TEAM.WISH WIN!

SCORE: 2 - 1

-=-=-

MAP 4 - SIEGE][

QUICK MAP REPORT:

Siege is always fun to watch in this Cup, and Met's 6v6 defence layout was gonna be interesting. Turns out that he put Mena and Fish outside to stop launches and call warnings, Zyx and Target inside, and himself and m1cr0 on the woof :dog: They owed a lot of the time won in this round to Mena and Fishy who did a great combo job on the blues outside, Fishy taking charge at the lift and Mena spamming that dark spot. The blues were flummoxed, since they obviously knew of only two possible gameplans and both of them were getting ground down easily. Never again let it be said that Mena can't follow tactics :mic: Thanks largely to Mena, who held position really well considering what a pain in the arse the Siege def spawns are, m1cr0 was getting pretty few frags, but when needed he was there to stop lowcomers. Unfortunately he also had Met with him on the roof, who chose the perfect moment to combo poor m1c off the edge while attempting to kill off Blade, who landed on the button on 4:58 after taking Toone's dark launch, once the blues had finally gotten sick and tired of Mena and ganged up on him (I'll go with 'him' til I know different Mena). Good defence + bad luck = a doable attack time for the reds.

For once Met managed to not crash the world by shooting some barrels; instead Fishy got launched all the way to the back. He thought about taking the Gatehouse but he knew dirz was there, so he tried to backjump from the lift to the right tower but made an arse of it, then he tried to spoof dirz on the button but dirz shocked him one. Then m1cr0 got it with full health immediately afterwards, making a total mockery of everything Fish had failed to achieve. Poor Target was meanwhile being dark launched, or so he thought. Waste of a belt as he got boinged westwards by his own launcher. Wish, dirz and Bn were taking turns to noob stuff up on the roof, which posed problems for the reds - how do you launch past that? So the reds went the other way and started trying to push low, but the blues had all the ammo in the world up there. In spite of holding the map all the way, Team.Wish were less than happy with m1cr0's impromptu tactics, involving shimmying up the last ramp and F9ing into the corner for a second or so (I'm not saying he actually F9ed but that was quite a worryingly convenient warp). Accidental or otherwise, it didn't pay off.

SCORE: 2 - 2

continued...

MAP 5 - DESERTSTORM

QUICK MAP REPORT:

Team.Met needed a nicely won map around this point, having seen their opponents pull back a 0-2 deficit. They didn't get off to a great start when, concentrating almost totally on the Sam side ramp, they allowed Toone to walk up the bunker-side and touch the Scud on 9:28, with m1cr0 ironically crying lag. Met then laid out his team well at the back, with himself and m1cr0 handling the button, Fishy and Mena on the ramp, Target and Zyx taking the spawn or freelancing. Wish managed to reach the hide box but m1cr0 knew he was there and the red player finished him within a dodge of the button. Blade tried the same tactic but this time it paid off; true, he got killed, but Toone sneaked through low on 8:04 while three reds allowed themselves to get distracted. Underground was poorly deffed, the blues just ran straight through. But then the reds pulled out a damn nice Final defence, Met and Target camping the Cavern button, Zyx back with a belt, and the other three pushing and freelancing up front. This approach paid off nicely for the non-launching blues, and it eventually took a low-on-health sneez and dirz push up the high route to luck their way past the reds and claim the Final on 5:51. Excellent red defence at the last obj.

While everyone else started firing, Target hj'ed unstoppably to the Scud on 3:43. The blues sui'd in timely fashion to get ready for some leet Sam def, but Met and m1cr0 instead combined for the quickest and easiest Sam in recent history: when the reds pushed low Met set a launch into the window for m1cr0, and m1cr0 dodged to the button on 3:07, past no blue backdeffers. Pathetic :nono: Ironically the blues then got their best def of the map in the Underground, possibly the worst area to have to defend. Eventually, though, too many of them fell at once and Fishy pushed through on 1:51, with plenty of time left. Blue made the mistake of all falling way back, which meant that high and low both kept coming under attack at once while they desperately tried to flak down wave after wave of reds. Fishy was trying to pick his moment by hiding behind the high boxes near the end, but m1cr0 and Mena pushed ahead of him through the high door, Mena taking it with 55 seconds left on the clock after m1cr0 got noobed on the button just a m1cr0second before. See, you ever get wordplay in these reports :bow:

SCORE: 3 - 2

-=-=-

MAP 6 - THEDUNGEON]|[AL

QUICK MAP REPORT:

Red started pulling out the launches to try to take the Lake, but the blues were equal to it and they had their miniguns roaring until m1cr0 noobed his way high on 9:21. The blues were dumb enough to barely suicide at all, instead staying back to defend... what? A rocket-launcher? Pff... Blue got lucky when m1cr0 took a hammer launch along the high route and got shocked by dirz, but then came the kind of attack tactic I love to see taking people by surprise. Launches went out the window and Met had everyone push high instead - first time I ever saw any team do that but I wish more people did. The blue team didn't wish any such thing because they weren't as prepared as they wanted to be. They held the red wave off really well tbh, but m1cr0 spree'd the Falls clear just as Fishy was dodging inside on 8:27. Do more stuff like this, reds! Skull was done a mere 21 seconds later, which shows you how caught out the blues must have felt at this point. L2suicide. The reds really deserved a better finish than 6:10 :( but that was all they could manage to get, courtesy of m1cr0. He had gotten a spree only moments before, which is quite hard to do when your opponents have five panicking fairies at the back; but the red team pushed nicely on the next run, killing off several blues at once and allowing m1cr0 to sneak sideways to the stairs.

Continuing their tradition of being able to frag damn nicely while the rest of their team struggled, only m1cr0 and Zyx were really on the scoresheet by the time Wish claimed the Lake from high on 3:08. The reds did what the blues hadn't and suicided en masse, then dirz fail-launched his captain roughly four feet forwards under no pressure, earning himself two :clap: binds. Some things never change. Dirz soon afterwards managed to get Wish into the Falls, which only annoyed the blue captain more when Bn took it right in front of him by coming up the stairs on 2:15. Red alarm bells were ringing. The reds next managed to hold the Skull for longer than the lifetime of a gnat's fart (hi blue) and Blade was honestly lucky to sneak past with a flak while the rest of his team got taken down at the back on 1:35. Wish then pulled off a classic BT move when he emerged at the top with boots and rox loaded, got accidentally launched by someone's combo, and blew himself up in the face with his own rox off the last set of stairs. While the reds collapsed in laughter Bn was waiting for the next set of boots, and he grabbed the Final on 0:25 while the defence got rerouted.

SCORE: 3 - 3

continued...

MAP 7 - AUTORIP

QUICK MAP REPORT:

The server broke at this point, so Met had to admin it to AutoRIP. Unbeknownst to the blue team he also handed each of his crew a keg and a redeemer, but they turned out to not really need them for their Despatch defence. It took Blade until 7:52 to take the objective, once Met's last keg had gone. The reds fell back to positions well, as usual, but Wish was nearly in when he took a low rocket launch into the window and then inexplicably turned and fell out again :lol: Sneez tried to hj in directly afterwards but Fishy, expecting Wish, had his rockets ready to save. Blue then came close again a couple of times but Fish and m1cr0 were both back and doing some nice saves on the button. It was prolly Met's fault for the Development panel because he couldn't decide whether he should watch the stairs from the bottom or move to the vials ramp. He moved to the vials ramp and thus it was that dirz was allowed to run up the stairs with no warning given to the back deffers. The blues could stop doing their Test runs now that the Dev was done on 6:22, and a mass rush from all angles got them the Final on 5:42, dirz trying to teamkill sneez at the end and instead accidentally covering him :hangover:

Before this round started od^ had weirdly changed his name to Ben^. It didn't make him any better at UTV though :fingers: Blue then pushed out pretty well, with Blade at the back doing that thing where you stand on the r/l and fire single rox over and over at the boxes. Only kill he got was himself though, which I thought was pretty funny :D Target finally got through on 1:11 :uhh: after the reds had tried every trick in the book and failed them all plus a few more. In spite of having one of the highest pings, Wish was way out in front of his team on frags, having 25 while nooby dirz followed him on next highest 9. This more than anything else managed to save the map for the blues, though the reds' Development attack was not much to write home about. One or two Test pushes aside, they couldn't string any proper attacks together, and this time only m1cr0 and Target were bringing the frags in.

SCORE: 3 - 4

-=-=-

At this point the match was switched to the (-8-) server. As I mentioned previously, the teams swapped colours, and the scores were reset to 0-0 on the board. So now I'll show Met as blue and Wish as red.

MAP 8 - SUBMARINEBASE][

QUICK MAP REPORT:

Apart from improving sneez's stats, the server switch gave Team.Wish a nice collective ping drop, which spelled further bad news for Team.Meteor. Wish had already started to seriously frag in the past few rounds, but now he had his usual low ping back and the blues were going to have to cope with that, as well has having to watch their top fragger m1cr0's climb by comparison. Well, at least they had a spam map to work with here. The reds sent three to the roof hatch at the start but they all got taken down, including Bn and his fat, non-rippering face. But the reds kept hitting the roof hatch and it wasn't long before the Ventilation went. Dirz dodged to the Gates on 8:45, just as Met comboed him on it, and I swear at one point I saw Wish get potted without it resulting in a :clap: Maybe there is hope :angel: Anyway, the blues took up encouragingly useful def positions on the bridge and under it, which meant that Wish's team had some spammage to push through. This kind of Submarine def is usually really good so it was unlucky on them that several of them died at once, leaving sneez to dodge down the ramp and through to the Docks on 6:59. He hopped into the water and took down two blues before he got spotted, but if blue thought the area was secure they were wrong. Blade dodged down the ramp, just as sneez had, and easily hammered into the Sub door on 6:40. Dirz had the Final on 6:19, in spite of the blues' best efforts.

Met's team pushed as hard as they could but it seemed like the entire red team was in the hatch room at once, except Bn who was at the Vent with a flak and a belt. It took Zyx a while to take the Vent by running low under the glass, but Bn finished him off just as it went on 2:47. The reds then spammed and camped well and again, like in AutoRIP, the blues couldn't force their way through past (primarily) Wish's defence. The blue cap got his Unstoppable with 9 seconds to go, and, a 1:03 Gate aside, that was the story of the blues' round.

SCORE: 5 - 3

continued...

MAP 9 - BALLISTIC

QUICK MAP REPORT:

Team.Wish made a tits of the launch not once but twice, so it was a few moments more before the reds could get to the hill from which Bn sent dirz over the top. Dirz took the Tele and the nest button and then pwnz0red his way to the Genny, only to be finally taken down in the corner. Toone had meanwhile reached the Gate and the reds were pushing strong, which in turn meant that Met's team were a little too far back, as per usual. What made it worse was that Met momentarily realised this and completely abandoned his position inside the Gen room to help take down a couple of reds around the health packs, something which he maybe should have trusted his two front men to cope with instead. With the Gen room empty the reds chose that moment to flaklaunch Bn over three or four heads and finish the Genny on 8:35 before Fishy could get back to take care of it. Bn then rolled towards the Warhead, took down two or three players high and then dropped low while the blues struggled to get back. He was a Torp's cock-width away from the button when Met minied him in the back :mingun: If they could have put together a co-ordinated push then the reds might have made it to the Warhead earlier, but it stayed up until 5:41, when Wish sniped down eighty reds from on top of the big boxes and hopped over to it. The blues pushed nicely at the Final, even in spite of sneez getting sprees on them while they tried it, and eventually dirz strolled through the carnage to nick it on 3:19 while the rest of his team did the work :hm:

Next came my favourite Balli launch ever. Poor ickle m1cr0 got sent so high in the air he soared waaaay over the Gates and splatted next to the Bunker. They had obviously practised that one and it really helped break the reds' concentration :P Wish and dirz were doing some nice hill covering - well, Wish was, dirz just kept getting owned by Fish - but they didn't cover the other side so well when Fish got sent over and jumped into the nest. Dirz suicided and caught Fishy in the pads room but he got owned again and Fish took the long route to the Warhead. Good old dirz was back to meet him but guess what? Exactly. Fish stepped over his rotting body and took the Warhead on 4:15, just seconds after the Generator message had appeared on his screen, courtesy of m1cr0. And dirz was much :clap:-ped by Wish. The reds folded and the Final was gone by 3:54. GG dirz, third time unlucky :moon:

SCORE: 5 - 4

-=-=-

MAP 10 - MAZON

QUICK MAP REPORT:

The first thing I said when this round opened was "Met's team better not give Wish a sniper to defend with". Ask od^, I said it, I really did. More on this later :whatever:

Met went with an unusual (read: shite) launch to start with, hammering his team one by one to the lower roof (under the turrets), rather than a mass rocket-launch. OK, three of them got to the Chains easily enough but so what? Weird by Met, then he just stood there with the hammer loaded until someone came to the spawn and took him down - after the first three got launched the others just forgot he was there :confused: Fish then got the Front Doors on 9:10 which only meant that the reds were all free to control the Reactor button. Imagine trying to get through not 5 but 6 of them, particularly when no-one on the blue team can think to set a hammer-launch. Mena finally got the button on 5:07, by which point Wish had 43 ammo in his sniper rifle. Good. Game.

Met's team had no answer to such a drubbing. The reds had no similarly stupid launch moments, most of them getting to the roof and together cleaning up the objectives, one by one, within 56 seconds. Enough said.

MAP RESULT: TEAM.WISH WIN EASILY!

SCORE: 6 - 4

continued...

Last edited:
MAP 11 - BRIDGE

QUICK MAP REPORT:

Fish was in position to combo whatever pathetic, sad little launch the reds were trying at the first torch, and he and m1cr0 took their places at the Final. Wish soon twotted m1cr0 who was slow to return to position, which meant Fish was alone when sneez got sent to the bridge and headshotted the blue player. Luckily for Fish (and m1cr0), Mena pulled off a nice counter-headshot to save the Final, and the reds started pushing low. The sniping m1cr0 was supposed to be doing from the bridge just wasn't happening, and Fish was covering the cave launch, so the reds were having a ball, waltzing towards the Second, putting the low def under pressure. Met and Target were handling most of it but they should have done way better when Wish popped up from behind the pads hut, hammered to the boots hut roof with a belt on, then got d0nged low again. Rather than chase him, Met, Zyx and Target stood on the ramp, waiting for something to happen. It did when Wish took the boots and boot-jumped perfectly over all three heads and took Second on 13:27 with no problem at all (10hp left but that only makes it worse). Unbelievably bad for a Second defence with three people in it. Oh, you didn't know Wish could boot-jump? You do now. Worse was to come, when Bn hammered up past everyone in the world via the low route to take the Final on 12:18. Amazing that the blues hadn't learned to watch for this sort of thing by now. The blues defended the Explosives pretty well, watching the sky quite a lot in case anyone was trying to hammer over them :whatever: Wish took the last one on 10:18 as m1cr0 tried to distract him by killing himself, then dirz launched Bn from low with a belt and boots. No hammers were involved so at least Met's team could console themselves with that.

The blues turned a bad bridge launch into an unexpectedly good Gate launch, sending Fishy over straight away. Toone and Blade were low but they couldn't compete, so Fish took them both out and grabbed Second on 5:48 :eek: Target > dirz at Final. Dirz managed to catch most of the blues who mass-pushed low, but Target caught him unawares at the last second and copped the Final on 4:31. All Explosives were gone within about forty seconds, which is a good way of telling that the reds were buggered. Maybe a comeback was on the cards here? Zyx sent m1cr0 to the Detonator from low (boots and belt again) on 2:59. The reds had just been piss-tooken (my new word).

SCORE: 6 - 5

-=-=-

MAP 12 - GOLGOTHAAL(2)

QUICK MAP REPORT:

The red team suddenly decided that everyone was a sniper, while Fish, an actual sniper, got 4 kills on his way to taking the Temple and Doors on 11:39. The blues then had the audacity to send m1cr0 to Hurons right away on 11:26 via a quick double-hammer from beside the statue, while the red team still pretended to be snipe gods. With such a great opening assault the blue team surely had this one in the bag, I know I thought so at the time :\ To then wait another one and a half minutes to take the Siege didn't help all that much, and neither did m1cr0's air control making him hit the wheel instead of the objective. Wish, sneez and dirz then began to genuinely snipe the place down, making m1cr0 wait another minute before he could claim the Dungeons. Before that m1cr0 had run low for a launch up the castle wall outside, but no-one else was coming. Bad comms again. Fish got a great rocket air shot on Bn but the blues were having little luck anywhere else after a great Hurons attack. 8:12 until the Attackers went :hm:, thanks to some nice backdef from the whole red team. At least Fish bolted directly to the Heart by 7:55, but that's a sucky attack right there :(

It happened in Golg2 and then it happened again here :D Bn and dirz set a double from the start and everyone else ignores it :lol::lol::lol: Great fun, thanks reds. The blues were then so busy trying to keep Wish's lot from pulling the same double hammer they had used, they forgot to defend Undead, which meant that a whole battalion of reds rolled through on 3:25. It didn't take long for Wish to pull down Hurons either, taking a door launch from sneez and landing in backman Met's face with rockets. Team.Met had defended Hurons well every other time in the Cup by spamming the room, so why this time was Met alone to die? Way to lose Hurons on 2:43 :\ The blues tried to hold the Siege but they didn't cover the box launch well at all, so Blade yoiped (another new one) through the air from dirz's rockets to take it on 2:10. Bn then got to the Dungeons on 1:17 with 3hp remaining, which worried the blues because they were not backdeffing anything very well. As always happens with defending the Attackers, the forward def got taken out one by one and the back guys were left alone with diminishing health. Attackers went at the hands of sneez on 0:42 and there wasn't enough spam in the world to stop the Heart from being taken with 17 seconds left. Team.Meteor had been let down by a shitty Hurons defence.

SCORE: 7 - 5

continued...

MAP 13 - DESOLATE][

QUICK MAP REPORT:

The reds' first launch was bad but the second one was better, getting Toone to the Outer Base on 9:47, even with all six blue players back, again. Wish's team broke high and low at once and the blues weren't holding positions, instead getting sucked forward a lot and running out of ammo, which let sneez dodge his way high and swoop round to the Lower Level on 9:15. Defend wif plasma, it's the way forward! Fuck sniper rifles! Ahem, anyway, the blues fell back to try to keep a grip on the Generator Room, but even with m1cr0 doing some nice work up front and Met and Target holding the back, there's not much that can be done when everyone drops at once and two guys jink high to take it only a minute after the Lower Level. I dunno if Wish had armour when he got the Guard Room but it might be the only explanation. Meh, he usually has someone's armour :whatever: The blues tried to push and stay back at the same time and they weren't doing badly, but when the roof fan explodes above you you should probably tell someone to spam it safe. No-one told anyone anything and so Wish just dropped while all four backdeffers decided to attack sneez who was running up from low. Wish took a few hits as he landed but he somehow got to the Guard Room anyway on 7:32. The blues were probably too pissed off to stop and type insults :shout: A nicely co-ordinated attack brought down the Guns on 6:11, m1cr0's best Wish impersonation not being enough to hold everyone off. Half the blue team barely turned up in this round and they must have thought the match was pretty much over.

Wish tied this match off in fine fashion after the blues sent m1cr0 to the Outer Base, only for the poor sod's air control to let him down again and have Bn smack him in the head with his lastman rockets. Seeing that the reds were pushing forward the blues inexplicably abandoned the launch and tried to run instead, which was just not working against this team. If you can launch over them, do! But no, and Wish was on a rampage before Fishy got to the Outer Base on 2:45. By the time Lower Level went down Wish had three times as much as his next nearest defender, with 18 points. The blues had 1:54 to finish the rest of the map but they had struggled to even reach the first two objectives. The Generator only went because m1cr0 was still genuinely trying, taking down two or three reds on his own to push low on 0:48, but the blues weren't living with Wish's fragging at all and nothing was going to get them to the Guns in time. The Guard Room and both Bridges went down but the blues were being toyed with at the 0:04 mark - Team.Wish were through to the Finals :clap: Sorry Wish, I had to.

SCORE: 8 - 5

-=-=-

Good game everyone! Thanks to the admins and od^ for the UTV, thanks for playing and see you all for the Cup Final - Team.X-Bomb vs Team.Wish!

Last edited:
Nice read Useless :thumb:

And I played like what you would expect of an 3. div player...though i had my few moments too. Fragwise I wasn't that bad i think...

But gg all :)

Again you did a very good report Useless. :)

I also like to thank the Team Meteor players, the reporters, the organization team and all the effort from all the players and viewers involved.

Great work!!

:party::!ola::!ola::thumb:

Last edited:
Epic review :D Especially my Mazon chains defense being notorious by now.