Rwanda 10 years on..

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ghost

Donation God
Jul 24, 2001
Manchester!!!LALALA!
bit slow on catching up on the news but this story shocked the hell out ov me Guardian
staggering lack of prescence of world leaders at the memorial for the genocide of 800,000 Rwandans today in Kigali.
Um but its something worth thinking about rather than just slating the usual world leaders.
800,000 people slaughtered.....millions living now with the legacy of murder, death, rape and Aids, mutilations. Does anyone remember.

Last edited:
its disgusting .. but then at the time it was disgusting the way the world ignored what was going on
i watched that ITV program the other night on it and i truly felt disgusted .. sick infact that people neighbours and one time friends could just turn and kill the very people they lived next to, children clubbed to death babies thrown against walls and driven over, nothing NOTHING on this planet can make that right ... the reasoning given by these people that its what the government told us to do .... they knew ,, they must have known ,,, i mean EVRYONE knows that throwing babies or driving over babies is not fucking right ...

i carnt get my head round it tbh ,, i just dont understand what drives somone to act like that

but yes its shamefull that there was no presence even just to say "fuck me were sorry we didnt do anything" even tho it means nothing it would have atleast shown that we know we did wrong by not doing right.

anyway i gotta say it upset my tbh that program and im not ashamed to admit it . i was angry, distusted and upset by it.

Its all fucking mental, we live in a representative democracy.

Our representatives see fit to invade Iraq, scream like bitches when some white farmers in Zimbabwe have the land that was stolen in the first place taken off them and countless other cash related issues, 800,000 people murdered, nothing.

Who the fuck do they represent? I could fucking scream its all bollocks.

All deaths are tragic but the lack of care is amazing; 3500 died on S11 2001, 800,000 die on A07 2001 and which is a major point of history?

Re:

On the note of the white farmers land, its not just that its been taken from them its the political emphasis behind it. Tfact that those farms provided the food for the country, which has gone from a nation able to feed itself and its neighbours to one which needs food aid in a very short period of time.

Ghost said:
Our representatives see fit to invade Iraq, scream like bitches when some white farmers in Zimbabwe have the land that was stolen in the first place taken off them and countless other cash related issues, 800,000 people murdered, nothing.

Even better was that oil deal done with Libya within 1 week of Blair shaking Qadaffi's hand and welcoming him back to the fold of "civilised nations" ...

:whatever:

I watched something on the C4 news about all this and rwandan 10 years on. It's sad to say that somethings have not changed.
Those women who where gang raped and now have aids are having there plight ignored by the world once again :(
Vital drugs and treatment that they need are not being supplied and where the places that are now receiving the treatment have waited a very long time!

For what ever reason the world is still standing by with fingers up arses watching this all happen!!! :shout:

Jo said:
For what ever reason the world is still standing by with fingers up arses watching this all happen!!! :shout:

And we still are. But it's hard to do anything meaningful as an ordinary citizen.

Hands up all those who can honestly say they are routinely contributing something that will make the world a better place. No examples please. Just think about it in the wee small hours.

I was horrified when I read the report in the economist on Rwanda, unfortunatley it would seem that the new regime simply tries to brainwash all their people into peace. They even have reducation camps. But I can not belive that we are so ignorant of the plight of countries like this but so eager to attack Iraq and so quick to start loving Lybia. Some times the leaders of the world's superpowers make me sick. Although judging by it's past record, I don't know how well American led intervention would work