Reviving UTA in 2007

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

add a ladder with this

and WoW players will come back :lol:

The Dark Magic Mutator gives everyone a spell book as a weapon, instead of the typical round of weapons. All ammo and weapon drops in the game are replaced by spell scrolls to add to your book, Mana vials to gain more casting ability, or specials which will be added later. As you pickup spell scrolls, the new spells are added to your magic book, and you can begin to cast them. Mana vials work kind of like ammo, and give your book more "ammo" to cast.

Spells get more powerful the longer you keep them. Also, the more you cast a spell, the more powerful it becomes. And lastly, many spells allow you to pick up additional copies of the spell in scrolls to gain spell levels. Most spells go from level 1 to level 10, with a few accept ions. At level 1, the spell is very weak. At level 10, the spell is almost godlike.

;)

I think

the main problem is that nobody really is interested in UTA growing again on the premises that a new game is supposed to lure new players into the community.

Maybe a few of the new players will play UT99 for fun, but it would still be the new game that has their main interest.
And it could also happen that UT99 players began to play the new game more than UT99.

The only way to get attention into UT Assault again is to make an exact copy of UT99 AS mod fitting into the new game with better engine, graphics etc.

People wined about UT2004 being a shite game. It is not. Just because you can't hammer-jump and launch it wasn't appealing.
I personally found it very amusing. A shame WOW came and took away the attention from it.
I just mention this to make you see that when you read this you're already putting doubt into a new game.....if it is not UT99.

the reason assault sucks in UT2004 is vechiles , stupid standing on places for period of time to get the objectives , and totally linear. mainly sucks because of the vechiles imo thou

The only way to get attention into UT Assault again is to make an exact copy of UT99 AS mod fitting into the new game with better engine, graphics etc.

Which equals this:

Community should work on creating new high res / high poly versions of the textures and models. UTA mod needs some features to help noobs learn maps, hammer jumps, launches, etc.

and how do u know that lol, u simply cannot say that, silly comment from u xr. yes skill levels may have gone up, but u really think there skill levels would have stayed at the same??ofc not the more they play the better theyd become and play how AS is played today.

Thats a silly comment, considering the best mi5 players at that time are considered to be some of the best at this time... Like Mc, twnZ and Konnan.

god and again ur all talking useless crap :(

right now there are alot of ideas but nobody is going to do anything..

mc isnt good ,duno who konnan is, twnz is good

So you clearly werent around in the old days. How do you know what the skill level was back then?
Mc might be less then he used to, but then again I doubt he still plays alot. The ''top'' players atm do play alot more then the ''top players from years back''. But that doesnt mean the ''top'' players of today beat them if they get as active. Im quite sure Mc, Kon etc etc will still easily beat them if they would play quite often.

mc isnt good ,duno who konnan is, twnz is good

Not even worth a response xr lol.

However I will make one!!

Mc prolly aint as good as he was a few years ago, he is probably first to admit that, but still he is better than the majority of players in the league, including everyone in your clan XR.

You dunno who kon is? Yet you say mi5 would be owned? That's like saying, well apart from the players I could own Real Madrid on my own.