Remove AS-Asthenosphere from puglist plz

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should asthenosphere be removed from pugbot maplist.

• Total voters

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
its a waste of 20 min of everyones lives i guess

pugs r for fun and tbh astheno isnt really fun

if u disagree vote no

also beside the fact that its a waste of 20 min of everyones time

the reason to actually REMOVE it instead of not picking it would be the ability to randmap

tbh i never randmap when i captain because i fear it would fall on astheno or rocket command or tydium

also, how many times have a captain wanted to ruin the pug by picking astheno? how about we remove that option for gay ppl wanting to fuck pugs up

EDIT: sry for those who voted in first thread forgot to make poll public

No, why remove a league map? Just because you cant assault it dosnt mean others cant. Leave this map in, underrated map, l2p it.

arf i'm a noob but it seems as though, if the defence is capable of doing standcombos, its nearly impenetrable, and that can't be a good thing :E

Its possible to finish, Ive witnessed in many matches and remember it sometimes was even assaulted in div1 (more than once ofc :rolleyes: )
Dont complain bout captain picking, for some it may be a bad map but some ppl actually enjoy to play it. Havent seen a pug where all players agreed on maplist (some dont like to play bridge/bali/desert 3 or 4 times a day or dislike siege or some other map)

may i remind everyone im speaking of pugbot here?

personally ive never seen it assaulted on a 5v5 or 6v6 if the defence actually cared to defend properly

i tought everyone else felt it was just a waste of time in pugs (since they are an hour long why add 20 mins?) but the final vote count will prove what ppl think innit? ;)

also whenever its picked i've seen loads of people moan and none to say, shut up it owns

Voted yes because there just isn´t a way to end this map if the teams are even and defence cares about defending properly just as some1 else mentioned. Waste of time.

TuT said:
Voted yes because there just isn´t a way to end this map if the teams are even and defence cares about defending properly just as some1 else mentioned. Waste of time.
There is, people just dont bother after 2 minutes of playing it. I have had much fun on the map, esspecially with mi5 where it was in the maplist if i recall correctly? There are enough possiblities to break through the defence (fe. with a rocketlaunch).

lol where is the problem..this map is assaultable and it doesn't matter who is doing defences...it is just less hard or harder depending on the teams but you can do it...and it is like pete said, many ppl stop playing seriously after someminutes cuz hey think it is waste of time..but well...noob idea to remove this map..:lol:

Mr.ROFL said:
There is, people just dont bother after 2 minutes of playing it. I have had much fun on the map, esspecially with mi5 where it was in the maplist if i recall correctly? There are enough possiblities to break through the defence (fe. with a rocketlaunch).

I understand what you mean but there is a certain defence method you can use that just isn´t possible to break through (except with huge lag of course but i even doubt that). And no, rocketlaunch won´t work here either.

I really don´t wanna explain it here for those who doesn´t already know because it´s gonna spoil it for those who like the map and want it in the league. Can explain in irc l8er if you want.

And yes it´s really gay and lame and all that kinda shit. And no it´s not flak in the fanrooms. However, flak in the fanrooms could as well be added to the tactic just to make it even more gay.

^yako^ said:
lol where is the problem..this map is assaultable and it doesn't matter who is doing defences...it is just less hard or harder depending on the teams but you can do it...and it is like pete said, many ppl stop playing seriously after someminutes cuz hey think it is waste of time..but well...noob idea to remove this map..:lol:

You´r so sooo wrong my friend :)

pff yeh Yako, you have NO IDEA ..... tut has a 1337 spamming tactic for astheno! quick lets all go to irc to hear!!!!1111oneonpwnpwnwpwn

Map is perfectly doable if u have the correct counter spam precautions in place, the defence have to run outta ammo sometime :rolleyes:

Asthenosphere Normal is easily assaultable, if you cant be bothered to group up and tactically assault and would rather go on ur own to fight 4/5 people then thats your problem. With correct defence strategies EVERY map can be fully defendable so you cant use that argument. IMO AL is worse as u spawn at the flak instead and it just becomes lucky kills round a corner (I can see why xr likes it ;)) As Pete said rocket launch is doable and from the pugs ive played its always been assaulted, infact onky 1 match i've seen it fully defended which was sny v 8, everytime FO played it we used to assault it np!