remote admin help pls

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

grizz

Drugstore Cowboy
Jun 8, 2001
in the trees!
we currently have our own server running leagueAS124, but we'd like to switch it between this and TDM. we are all complete newbies at this stuff, so can anyone pls tell if the following lines are (exactly) correct for switching back and forth....planning to try it later, but thought might as well draw on the pool of wisdom that frequents these forums....

after logging in as admin....

admin servertravel DM-morpheus.unr?game=BotPack.TeamGamePlus

admin servertravel AS-frigate.unr?game=LeagueAS124.LeagueAssault

do we actually type the question marks? if so whats that all about then?

yeh u type that exactly, and it does look correct.
if u didnt do the stuff after the question mark: say u just did admin servertravel AS-frigate.unr , after playing TDM, then you would actually have TDM on Frigate :) the stuff after the question mark tells it what the gametype is on the level that u select :)

afaik u can't set up maplist with console admin, but i didn't play around with it much either.
u can set up webadmin if u have console admin as long as the ports are open, etc

http://www.utassault.net/show_guide.php?10
have a lok at the last few lines about .txt files or maybe ask one of the admins, they made an app that makes.txt files.

cheers guys

we cannot use webadmin due to firewall (so ive been told) - but there is no way to select match maplist from console? oh bugger.....

as an experiment i tried to set the server into matchmode using set bMatchMode true (tried with and without the b cos wasnt sure what it was lol) but it says matchmode command not recognized.
obviously im doing this wrong but can anyone point me in the right direction?

thx for all those links everyone - useful for general stuff, but now trying to get stuck into setting up league matches....

u don't set bmatchmode from console
just read that link I gave ya about how to make .txt files

thx again for your help - so lets assume ive made one of these text files - how do i then apply it to the server? and how would i set the maplist....

sorry if these questions are laughable to you, but ive been reading lots of admin sites and they are geared toward helping ppl who have at least some idea what they are doing. on the other hand i am somewhat clueless - so pls forgive me for requesting to be spoon fed....

.txt files

You can use .txt files to execute more commands than an | bind or aliases will allow. Put all the commands in a .txt file on seperate lines and use the command "exec " to use it.

Examples:

In a file called cheat.txt (Dont include the start and end of file tags):

****Start of file****
adminlogin passformyserver
god
summon rocketpack
summon rocketpack
summon rocketpack
summon rocketpack
summon ut_eightball
summon rocketpack
summon Ripper
summon Translocator
summon UT_FlakCannon
summon ShockRifle
admin set pawn health 9999
admin allammo
***End of file***

A file called 1v1dm.txt:

****Start of file****
say 1v1 dm
admin set engine.gameinfo maxspectators 10
admin set engine.gameinfo maxplayers 2
admin set engine.gameinfo bNoCheating true
admin set engine.gameinfo bAllowFOV false
admin set engine.gameinfo bMuteSpectators false
admin set engine.gameinfo bNoMonsters true
admin set engine.gameinfo GameSpeed 1.000000
admin set Botpack.DeathMatchPlus AirControl 0.350000
admin set Botpack.DeathMatchPlus bHardCoreMode true
admin set Engine.GameReplicationInfo ServerName I don't read docs 1v1 DM
admin set Botpack.DeathMatchPlus bMultiWeaponStay true
admin set Botpack.DeathMatchPlus btournament true
admin set Botpack.DeathMatchPlus bplayersbalanceteams false
admin set Botpack.DeathMatchPlus bForceRespawn false
admin servertravel DM-Turbine.unr?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=Botpack.NoPowerups
***End of file***

A file called aspractice.txt (this uses LeagueAssault Version 1.18):

***Start of file***
admin set engine.gameinfo maxspectators 0
admin set engine.gameinfo maxplayers 12
admin set botpack.Assault bplayersbalanceteams false
admin set Botpack.Assault bUseTranslocator false
admin set Botpack.Assault FriendlyFireScale 0
admin set Botpack.Assault bMultiWeaponStay true
admin set botpack.Assault btournament false
admin set Assault Netwait 1
admin set Engine.GameReplicationInfo ServerName I don't read docs Private practice.
admin set LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault bMatchMode false
admin set LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault bPracticeMode false
admin set LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault bAttackOnly true
admin set LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault bStandardise true
admin set LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault bAdminNameScore true
admin set LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault MatchLength 14
admin set LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault FirstMapStartTime 300
admin set LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault SubsequentMapStartTime 60
ResetTeamNames
admin servertravel AS-Overlord.unr?game=LeagueAS118.LeagueAssault
***End of file***

so i make these text files and store on my hard drive, then bind a key with exec and the path to this file, and then that key (whilst connected to server in UT) will kick off this text file and automaticaly set up the server for a match?

wow, that seems way too simple so i guess im still not following...

if i have got it correct, then how do i set the maplist? can that be done from a text file too?

thx (yet again)

u can edit it in unrealtournament.ini (under [Botpack.XXMapList] )and upload it if you have ftp access to the server

Yeah maplist can only be done from webadmin or .ini file editing :)

Unless you've got the Server Setup program for LeagueAS ;)

Originally posted by Phear
Unless you've got the Server Setup program for LeagueAS ;)

now this sounds promising - where can i get hold of / learn about this then? (if at all lol) - ive looked through the site but cant find a download anywhere...

no ftp access afaik so we may be stuffed :mad: thankfully we're still in a trial period :D

Its not publically available, only avail by request :) It was written for the league specifically, but anyone could use it. It also requires some server configuration (which as Ace says does open a port on the server, so if your ISP has a firewall this can be a problem).

Also it only works with LeagueAS, so it wont let you config a server for DM or anything else.

ok stupid question time (again)...

all we need to do is get the guy hosting our server to open a port for us - presumably it can be any one provided we have the number?

....then we can do webadmin, or obtain the server setup program (if phear is feeling kind :D)

ok thx all i think id best go start hassling our server provider now.....