Recover USB/HD and repair word docx

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Solar´

=]????[=
Dec 5, 2003
Belgium
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend managed to make here USB crash and harddrive at the same day.
The USB was wrongfully removed and cannot be accesed (it asks to be formated first).
The HD won't boot anymore (gets stuck in vista loading bar.)

I used Stallar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery but not much succes (havn't tried it on harddrive yet.)
and
Tried EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard, it recovered everything but all Word + adobe files are corrupt.
I tried the word 07 repair function but no succes.

Could anybody help?

thx in advance, there is some very important school stuff on those drives!!

Docx along with all other 'x' files xlsx, pptx... etc all have the same headline signature of a zip file (as thats what they are, zip files). Do a signature search for zip files and you should get the docx files you're after...

My HD's always ask to be formatted first under Win7 - it's a MS bug or smt that they have yet to address. But I can still just click Cancel and then access the drive anyway, so that msg means nothing.

I had an HD crash a week ago and used Easeus to recover stuff, but it took days and, like you say, some stuff was corrupt and other stuff wasn't found at all. But if you're saying that these important files were on both drives at once then Easeus should be able to find them on one or the other.

If you have another HD in the same computer you can install Windows to the other drive and just access the other one as a non-system drive. It's one thing booting into the drive, it's another just to access it from another installation of Windows on a different drive. Can you boot into Safe Mode or access the drive from a command prompt at least?

Docx along with all other 'x' files xlsx, pptx... etc all have the same headline signature of a zip file (as thats what they are, zip files). Do a signature search for zip files and you should get the docx files you're after...

How do I search for these signatures?

i dont know for sure, but i thought docx was just the extension to denote that it was saved in compatible modes from one office to another.

Personally tho, would be tempted to take the HD out of wherever it is, hook it up to another machine and see if it can see it, if it can, grab the required data, and go from there. Prolly the fastest way to try and find the data. No idea on the USB issue tho :|

Oh, and a quick google sometimes helps a little, tho not sure this is exactly what Rob was on about...

i dont know for sure, but i thought docx was just the extension to denote that it was saved in compatible modes from one office to another.

Personally tho, would be tempted to take the HD out of wherever it is, hook it up to another machine and see if it can see it, if it can, grab the required data, and go from there. Prolly the fastest way to try and find the data. No idea on the USB issue tho :|

Oh, and a quick google sometimes helps a little, tho not sure this is exactly what Rob was on about...

I got the files of the USB stick, but some of the Word files are corrupt, meaning I can't open them.
I hooked up the harddrive to my machine, under storage manager the HD seems okay, but I am unable to open it.
I will try to back it up tonight.

thx for the link will try it tomorrow.

Getting the USB files to work (extracting is not the problem) is the tricky part :/