Razer (Death Adder) bugs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

w1sh

`//
Sep 26, 2003
Just wondering if anyone with a Razer mouse (I believe the bugs are universal across all Razer products..) has had any of these problems in the past. I have had two Death Adders in the space of two years and both have ultimately ended up broken.

The first one would double click when I had only clicked once and holding down click to highlight something for example just stopped working all together. Anyway I managed to get an exchange for this one since it was called a "known" problem.

So the second Death Adder arrived a few months ago and worked fine until 4-5 weeks ago. Now the scroll has completely gone, if I scroll down half of the time the computer registers it as a scroll up and vice versa. Also the scroll just doesn't respond at all at times..

Razer told me to send the mouse back and they would exchange again, so I did and waited 2+ weeks for it to return. Another Death Adder came back with the exact same scroll problem, so I doubt they actually changed it at all.

So I've been searching forums for a solution to the problem and have tried things such as reinstalling the drivers and firmware, and changing the USB port etc. No luck unfortunately.

Has anyone else with a Razer mouse had similar problems?

Edit: Also the two side buttons on BOTH mice have never worked properly. Respond like 50% of the time

Last edited:
i had that problems with my copperheads a few years ago. the only thing i could do was sending them back and waiting for a new one.

im pretty sure its a hardware issue and not a softwareproblem. if you keep on searching forums, you will find some "repair it yourself" threads, but thats just stupid if u can use the warranty. its not the best solution and not the solution you are looking for, but its the only one exept changing to logitech, roccat or whatever.

my deathadder works just perfect right now and i hope the errors u described wont appear ;)

The first one would double click when I had only clicked once and holding down click to highlight something for example just stopped working all together.
Got this also on my left mouse button after using my Diamondback for a couple of years.

I was out of warranty so I switched the click sensor inside the mouse around from the right side button to my left mouse button. After this the problem was solved. So to me it seems like after a while of usage these sensors become a bit poor.