Random Reboots

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
For a while now my PC keeps rebooting randomly and i have no idea why, i reinstalled the whole OS and it was ok for 2days, now i get the reboots again, the error is:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0xe28d0b08, 0xe28d0bb8, 0x0c160214). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041505-01.dmp.

can any1 help :hangover:

Check CPU temp.. "New" computers tend to reboot when they get too hot..
Maybe you should open the case to check if all the fans are in place and fully functional.

its not new, well about 6months, the cpu has been overclocked and i did run it back at stock levels to see if that was the prob, but i still had the reboots

Fans and everything are working and the case is left open anyway

I have tried memtest and it passed the test without probs
ran prime95 for a bit, will run it all night tonight

i hate it when its like this, its so bloody annoying to find the source of the prob, it could be anything! :hangover:

- check every kind of temperatur (chassis, cpu, gpu)
- install chipset drivers
- replace one pc component after the other and check if it still reboots
- set bios settings to default
- flash ur bios
- install the newest drivers for every component
- if nothing helps try to raise the voltage of your cpu a bit (maybe ur cpu needs more energy to run probably)

Last edited:
Had that eventlog recently at work; turns out it was sth to do with the printer driver / USB....

Most cases it will be driver<->RAM related; The message is pretty generalised though, so could be anything.

i have about the same prob only it won't give me any error at all and only happens when i try to stream videos from the internet :confused:

When a heavy failure appears, windows will boot automatically when you enabled the "automatic boot" option in the windows system preferences.
To see a possible error code, it's adviceable to deactivate it.

havent had a reboot yet today, so fingers crossed, i have a feeling its the CPU or PSU as well, havent got a spare PSU to check tho. But i ake it those numbers dont mean anything to anyone?

disconnect sm unnecessary hardware for a while like ur cd-rom n any 2ndary hdds etc so ur PSU is under a bit less strain then if things seems OK it might point to it being that

munkZ said:
disconnect sm unnecessary hardware for a while like ur cd-rom n any 2ndary hdds etc so ur PSU is under a bit less strain then if things seems OK it might point to it being that

yeah mine was more stable after disconnecting a single case fan :\ pretty sure it was the exact same error message, or atleast pretty close, i ended up getting another psu in the end though

The Cpu cooler and the cpu might have badly connected to each other.

That is possibly the worst grammar in any post I've written.

MSDN has a page on bugcheck codes:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._abf8ed0c-026f-4e8e-9104-2bdbc4cd024d.xml.asp

apparently its a BAD_POOL_HEADER error.

Cause
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.

This may or may not be due to the caller.

Resolving the Problem
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem.

Then you can use special pool for the suspect pool tags, or use Driver Verifier on the suspect driver.

Sounds like a buggy driver. The driver verifier they mention (\windows\system32\verifier.exe) might help
pinpointing which one.

Like polle said, but maybe more usefull, from microsoft:
STOP: 0x00000019 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) BAD_POOL_HEADER
Explanation:

This is a Windows 2000 Executive character-mode STOP message. This indicates an invalid pool header.
User Action:

If this is the first time you have booted after installing new hardware, remove the hardware and boot again. Check the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the hardware and its drivers are compatible with Windows 2000. For information about the hardware, contact the supplier. If you are installing Windows 2000 for the first time, check the Windows 2000 system requirements, including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system. Also, check the Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the system can run Windows 2000. If Windows 2000 is loaded and no new hardware has been installed, reboot with recovery options set to create a dump file. If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk. If you do not have an Emergency Repair Disk, contact your technical support group.

Used to have a similar problem and eventually it turned out to be a graphics card memory failure. Yet another one of a list of endless possibilities. GL.