Radical new idea!...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I'm fed up of leaving the spawn and being locked down by 5 people spraying random minigun bullets. Lets remove minigun from pugs every Friday, k? :deal:

Bossk please don't tell me you never broke the rules in life ever?

Did you never speed in your car? Should you be banned from driving for life for breaking a speed limit?

Cheat on a pointless test at school? Be banned from school from when you did it and not be allowed a proper education?

Banning people permanently is pointless and beyond the purpose of it. Punishing people is for 1 purpose, to aid in them learning from their mistakes, that is why in the majority of walks in life, nothing is permanent in terms of punishment. Be that sport, school, minor offences, drink driving, even murder.

Serial cheats and you have a point.

Like 4 years ago when there was still an NA pug channel, since it was being run by immature idiots without any sense of seriousness (no I NEVER was in charge of anything) I remember we tried a lot of stuff. Flak arena pugs, (i think i have a screenshot of that lol) shock arena pugs, sniper arena. Survivor (which i already made a thread about once). Hide and seek. and Sniperless.

the few sniperless pugs sucked, and I think they were only tried because Squirrel sniped as good as w1sh

Think of overall weapon balance before you think about tinkering with the weapons. I'll give you an example of changes over the years that were made in european TDM and CTF that have shaped the way it is now:

Removed lockdown = weaker minigun / pulse
Introduced tickrate independent weapons = weaker minigun / pulse
Increased the tickrate on all servers from the default = rocket 6 packs more often boost people away rather than kill because server calculates damage more frequently so only the first rocket hits for majority of damage, it pushes the player back a bit, the server due to higher ticks then re-calculates the next rocket etc and the following ones do exponentially less and less splash damage.

This lead to the serious domination of shock and sniper as the 2 main 'able to frag large numbers' weapons.

Now, imagine you fuck with the sniper in AS, shock is very rare on most maps, so what weapon do you think will dominate? I'm going to take a stab in the dark and do a 'reverse' of the CTF/TDM equation, and guess that it'll end up mini/pulse (hitscan) only. There is no skill to the mini/pulse, anyone with ping 50f1 can frag with it. -> see defending coldersteel ending in pug yesterday ;<

Last edited:
:lol: yeh, TR runs at 25-30 normally on most of the league servers weve got setup, where as default is 20.

Timo made a fix for the bouncing rockets thing but Ive never seen much feedback on it so its not running on pug, something like: tthis fixes the problem and is great or this sux and ruins the rockets I cant hit anything (which I expect is the more likely response)

Anyway, I dont think this is a serious, we must change weapons etc, more a fun suggestion for an evening or so, no sniper + no mini! :D

It's not the fault of people who are good at sniping, or mini.
It's the fault of the maps...

AS maps are basically sniper+mini and sometimes a variation on that with rocket launchers on backdef...
AS needed more pulse for mini, and shock for sniper imo! That would be a fun mod!