R.I.P TexasTom

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

SO sad when someone dies, always, i just knew him very little from -BoD- when i was in but feels sad anyway!
R.I.P

Played against him many times but never really knew him.

Still, I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy and so I'm sry 4 his pain and his families loss, but he can rest easy now.

RIP.

didn't know him but played with him on pubs, played against him and read his posts.
Arse, the guy was 9 years younger than me, way too young to die :(
I presume hs family won't even see this but I so feel for them. One of my nightmares is seeing one of my kids die, no one should have to face that.

played him in the early days on pubz ...very nice bloke. Hope you are at a better place that this shit fuckin pisshole of a earth scumsucking bitch planet.

Been a long while since I've posted to these forums, and I didn't really intend to either - but this has brought me out of forum retirement.

I knew Tom for a long while back in the early days when we were both in NRG (late 1999/early 2000?), really decent guy, good sense of humour and a sharp wit. For me he wasn't just some nameless person that came and went, never to be seen again - he's different.

I was aware that he'd been diagnosed with bowel cancer which at the time I have to admit I didn't think much of (thinking about the media publicised cure rates which are higher than ever), but unfortunately a cure can't come soon enough. Although very few people know this, I had a cancer scare myself a few months ago, and I don't think people can even begin to understand what it's like until you're faced with the very real prospect.

On a more positive note, I think there should be mass co-ordination within UTAssault to get people to dig into their pockets and make a worthwhile community donation to cancer research. Set a reasonable yet worthwhile target, say £1-2k. I know I'd be putting my hand into my pocket for it.

Hope Tom finds a place better than the one he left, and my condolences to his family.

// G

Say if one were to construct a webpage with a propper url what kinda money would it take to keep it for 10+ years? Is this doable?
We could make some sort of memorial site for dead UTA members, there WAs Cripple before Tom and i think some other guy i dont remember the name of.Even i f the causes were diffrent we could make it a cancer donation site and memorial site.

What do u think ppl?

An online "graveyard" is proberly not a good idea, some form of memorial would proberly be good, like people saying goodbye here..