R.I.P. Paul Newman

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Man i am actually gonna miss that guy :(

P.S. hm why didnt the whole universe of asshole actors wanna be(almost 90% of today s film stars) die instead of him ?

R.I.P and all that...

But sorry I can't help but think that the majority in this thread couldn't even name more than 2 movies he was in.

Prometheus just stfu :lol: many actors back in the 60's were fucking awful aswell. Infact we only noticed that the actors are "shit" nowadays because of the difference and difficulty of the movies they take on. Most movies before the 80's were very basic roles which had good solid performances. It is a lot harder to pull of a strong acting performance and have to basically change your entire role throughout the movie which is what tends to happen in modern Hollywood movies. Actors play numerous roles using numerous methods.

Yes a lot of actors are crap but that's not a new thing, it was always like this. (Not to mention, there are a lot more actors and movies these days).

Next you will be saying John Wayne was a marvellous actor, even though he banged out 50 movies or so playing the same role, same voice :lol:

Last edited:
R.I.P and all that...

But sorry I can't help but think that the majority in this thread couldn't even name more than 2 movies he was in.

Prometheus just stfu :lol: many actors back in the 60's were fucking awful aswell. Infact we only noticed that the actors are "shit" nowadays because of the difference and difficulty of the movies they take on. Most movies before the 80's were very basic roles which had good solid performances. It is a lot harder to pull of a strong acting performance and have to basically change your entire role throughout the movie which is what tends to happen in modern Hollywood movies. Actors play numerous roles using numerous methods.

Yes a lot of actors are crap but that's not a new thing, it was always like this. (Not to mention, there are a lot more actors and movies these days).

Next you will be saying John Wayne was a marvellous actor, even though he banged out 50 movies or so playing the same role, same voice :lol:

:lol: the funny thing is that u r serious

P.S and yeah sry for giving my opinion about this thread, i ll do remember to consult u first in the future

sry again

Last edited:
R.I.P and all that...

The fuck cares? Really? You could have seen jack shit of his movies and admire the shit out of this man for the amount of charity work he did. This man was more than just an actor.

Except Smant, reading the replies, they are all aimed at how brilliant an actor he was, yet I doubt people really know what he was like. BBC are putting a few movies on this week in honour of him.

@Retard, this was more aimed at you talking a load of bullshit in an R.I.P thread, show a little respect and not turn it into another boring rant. :)

Shame he is dead, he seemed to me a really nice guy, did a lot for charity without banging on about it. 83 is not bad though...

I was surprised to see the list of his greatest roles (Butch, sure brilliant hustler, hot tin roof etc) without Harper being mentioned, great performance in that. The opening scene is absolute mint, waking up and making coffee.... unforgettable, movie is not best of all times, but his performance imo mint.

Old blue eyes...:) I guess he had a good life..83 years, I would settle for that. Nothing to be sad about.

R.I.P Paul.

He was so cool. R.i.P Butch.

I was never a fan, damn him for making me feel just that bit older:lol::p:

rip

yup afaik. Man>actor.

Wut GEN said.. but R.I.P. , a good life I think.

:confused:

There are good filmstars imo, and it's a bit harsh to wish 90% of the filmactors to die over one actor :crap:

Except Smant, reading the replies, they are all aimed at how brilliant an actor he was

Cmon Torp :D I see also me,Shinon,Turha,Ger,Trasher,Blade and Huey not mentioning Newman as a brilliant actor which is more or less the 50%-60% of the posts :D Just let this thread be a decent R.I.P. one without arguing :D

How was I arguing? I was telling Retard to stop turning the thread into another of his drunken emoticon filled bullshit.

Man u kids shoulda been here in the early days when u could get away with posting pix of fetuses with 3rd degree burns and nailed to a cross.

ah, those were the days-