Quick update on the NMM program (now Insignia)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Darkheart

Jun 9, 2001
Somewhere
I've written most of the client just need to add the encryption code and then there is a good chunk of work to be done on the server (ATM the server just recieves the data from the client but doesn't do much else). Data required between client and server is still teeny tiny and CPU utilisation is still nice and low.

I was thinking of adding some aimbot detection code as it shouldn't be too difficult. I was thinking of implementing it in the same way as a virus checker, i.e. looking for patterns in the UT files to scan for aimbot code. I was thinking it shouldn't be too hard to do (I can scan the files very quickly) and maybe more difficult to beat than CSHP & lower errors. I was also thinking of putting in an autodownload feature for the Aimbot Signatures so you don't have to update your version of the program everytime a new bot comes out and also when a new bot comes out it can be detected very quickly by all clients.
Anyone with any thoughts on this (particularly any help you can give in ID'ing the aimbot code) would be most useful. Again I'll be looking to keep the signature file down to a piddling size (and downloaded @ program startup) so it doesn't screw up your game.

Oh yeah the name change, well it's like this: In days of old knights would have an insignia inscribed on their tabards & shield to identify them on the battlefield. A Black Knight covered up his insignia with dark material either through shame or because he didn't want people to know he was fighting on that side of the conflict. As the idea is pretty much the same with the program I thought it a better working title.

Darkheart

Last edited:
Sounds great. Keep up the good work. :)

Doh, can´t supply with any good Information/Code, but for beta-testing i´m available. ;)

well searching for code is pretty pointless, best thing to do is prolly just do a crc on the latest cshp.

Originally posted by Ace
well searching for code is pretty pointless, best thing to do is prolly just do a crc on the latest cshp.

Why is searching through the files not a useful excersise?

Darkheart

Which files are using/replacing the Aimbots?

Wasn´t it Unrealmenu.u ? (Can´t remember correctly, i´m @ work)

So, why not checking the CRC/Size/Date of this File? (v436 required, so no need to check the older files) If this file is modified in some way, it should show the wrong CRC or i´m wrong?!

Just an Idea :D

first of all utmenu.u file depends on version of ut, either 432, 436 or the special patched ones whcih also have different sizes I think.

Checking for code is probebly not worth it because cshp does this anyway, the current method of hacking cshp is to byte hack the cshp file itself, so maybe doing an ex tra crc on the cshp file in use would be the best thing to do.

Originally posted by Ace
first of all utmenu.u file depends on version of ut, either 432, 436 or the special patched ones whcih also have different sizes I think.

1st, only allow 436 (and only the original one from the official patch!)

2nd, special patched ones? Don´t allow, probably modified for aimbot usage or other crap

Easy isn´t it?

Or have u altered ur own utmenu.u file, Ace?

Well there are ppl who have the special patches, can't remember name, but look on utas downloads, would be a bit harsh banning some1 from league cos they got their game free with their gfx card.

Although i think cshp also has problems with these users and with Linux users.

well if you got your card bundled with ie. graph card nothing forbids you from going to some site woth lots of s -> z:D its fully legal cause you have the licence

A package check is exactly what the newest version of CSHP does, which is why it hasn't been beaten. The bot scripters have had to resort to a byte hack on CSHP itself.

Checking CSHP would be the ONLY thing you can do.

Two forms of ID and permanent residence as a requirement for registration in order to play is the future methinks.

btw when I finally get an answer to a Q out of the CSHP crew I will be including CSHP in LeagueAssault, so the byte hack wont work anyway.

what´s with players who share same connection, but not always are on the same pc? me and my brother do so.
2nd: keep the aimbot protection and stuff out of the thingy, CSHP is on the uta servers, so no need for it, may just decrease performance or whatever.

Unless your both playing league matches at the same time it won't matter as most IP's are dynamic I don't bother recording them unless you are connecting to a server as the information doesn't matter. For oddball scenarios I have exception rules that can be applied server side in strange circumstances (let's say you and your brother are playing against each other in a clan match).

As far as performance goes checking CSHP takes a very short amount of time and not much code needs to be executed, I'd be surprised if you could tell the difference with running the program with the feature enabled or running it with it disabled.

ATM program takes all of 3 seconds to execute (and most of that time is spent waiting for other things to happen or responses from the server). Then it does nothing until it's time to reauthorise which takes a few milliseconds.

As for future enhancements well I would have thought it's obvious: We just electronically tag the players in their sleep.

:D

Darkheart