public servers theses days?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Roguey

Jan 21, 2002
Berkshire
just been playing on a public server (have been some nights as well), but i seam to notice things just dont add up - if u know what i mean?

theres people getting headshots - contiunously (if not that, an sniper hit on u), sometimes getting blown up when hidding behind things, players know all the launchs etc.

is it either everyone in public servers are experienced, knowing all the tricks etc - even with great aims?

or

they just basically cheating? with the likes aimbots, some kinda of thing telling where people are (radar like)..

as for me playing public now, seams very crap to how ut used to play in public. all theses servers use this assault league thingy with cship etc. some of theses players are doing shots well above what i used to do in bo, nrg etc.

maybe it was cos i had a faster pc and cable?

Last edited:
i know what you mean.
Playing on publics today ain't the big fun anymore like in years 1999 or 2000.
Every1 know almost every launch. Most players are very skilled (even with the sniper).
You must also see that the pings getting better and better from year to year.

i've a clanwar pics from spring 2001.
UKS (avg ping 145) and AAK (avg ping:151). no1 got a ping under (!) 100.
Same with UKS (120) vs -8- (122). only 2 people got pings under 100 (90 and 83).
So in the past it was harder to snipe.
And today if you have a ping about 100 they scream "Lagbot" :lol:.

Anyway the quality of the league and the skill raised over the years.
Clan in the Div2 anno 2000/1 would be today only in Div4 or less.

edit: just remembered me on a useless trick in Mazon. We trained that everyday.
When you lay (Feign death) ontop of the gate (where the chains are) and ur enemy destroy the chains, the gate will stay closed.
Done it once on a public server years ago, they wasn't able to finish the map :lol:

...Damn what funny days :D

Last edited:
maby you should play on boomtown Roguey :P

only the die hard addicts play ut assault these days and 2 bad they always use fakenicks, don't really think they have radars and bots.

that explains why, dont know why they hide thier names, afteral are they shamed of thier name or something? atleast i know if he/she was a good player then.

personally think publics have gone down hill, as it not like how it used to be

that why i´m 1 of the biggest moaner about new maps
new maps bring new trix, new launches, new live

....and a few pissed higher clans if they get owned in new maps :lol:

Snuggs said:
yer...weed :smoke: :drool:
guess u searched this smiley:
kiffer.gif

;)

hey! stop deleting ur own posts :P

anyway, u knows whats funny? i´ve running some software who blocks malicious ips (like from governments or firms), protecting me from the connect attempts :rolleyes:
and ur webserver is blocked aswell, so i dont see the smilies :P

www.labor23.com [<-] BLOCKED [!] - Destination is Booya.music.de and Drizzly.de,Pdntdr.de and ww (192.67.198.7) [protocol: TCP / destport: 80]