PS3 WII or Laptop?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

syphus

When God was handing out chins, I was so stoned I
Jun 27, 2001
Lisbon
Hello Guys,

Before you say something i wrote this hear because it is not only console related, but also PC related therefore made no sense to post it in the sub sections.

Ok, i'm about to close a saving deal with my bank in a great campaign that they have, and they are giving away some very nice offers to there clients. I'm having trouble in deciding which offer i should take so wanted to ask some advises maybe some of you know the items more or less well to give me a good feedback.´

Ok i can chosse one of this 3 items has a offer for this new deal and i'm looking for the advantages of each.

Sony PS3 Slim
120 gb hard drive
and 3 games Need for speed shift, colin mcrae dirt 2 and fifa 2010

This combo off:

Monitor Samsung 943 nwx
http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/...ors&subtype=lcdmonitor&model_cd=LS19MYNKF/XSG

Laptop DELL Inspiron Mini 1011
http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/index.htm

and this lexmark s305 wireless printer
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/prod...16596_653293766_1363258602_en,00.html?tabId=1

Nintendo WII
one joystick
one new nunchuk joystick
4 WII sports games + 3 other games
WII FIT platform and game

Ok from the 3 option and looking more the laptop option, simply because i could use a laptop at the moment and beside the monitor seems okish not a HD one but a ok monitor and the laptop i was checking the caracteristics off it and it's not that bad, it's not a gamming PC and still i can run UT on it :P and prolly cod 4 or something like it, plus it allows me to play arround and cs4 after effects i believe it might be a bit slow but still may be able to run it more or less ok.

the PS3 is great, 3 games the slim version plus 120G harddrive, although is a gamming only option while the laptop option is much more "either".

the WII i'm not really considering it :P

opinions????

If you dont have a Laptop yet, i'll really would take it. Consoles are just there to play, computers are way more flexible.
And you even get a wireless printer? fs, your bank must be crazy.

Like Bart says, the laptop is the most flexible one, though only in terms of what it can do for you. I'm not a console person at all (I still have a Mega Drive somewhere tho) so I'd take the laptop every time. That being said, if you already have a desktop computer the only point of the laptop would be because you wanted something portable. I have both and I only use my laptop when my PC is on the blink (which is quite often tbh), otherwise it just gathers dust. Just take whichever one you think you will use the most, and btw I'd take the Wii over the PS3. I dunno why on earth you'd pick a PS3 over a Wii m8.

I see your point useless, my main issue here is my desk PC is going for 7 years old so it aint that much of a machine nowadays :P so if i went with the lap top would be to use it at home and away from it since it would prolly give me a better performance then mine ;)

+ the 19 inch monitor and the printer are very good add ons, i'm just worried if this Laptop will allow me run Adobe CS$ after effects decently, and some non top games has cod4 and UT :)

about the consoles i would really consider the WII also just not in to the consoles atm the lptop combo with printer and monitor seems to be the best option, just looking to see if the PC is good enough for what i want :)

In my opinion a netbook is not an out and out replacement for a half decent desktop PC, its advantages come mainly from its portability. If you want something to replace your PC then you may be disappointed if you rely solely on the netbook option.

As a package the netbook one is IMO worth the most and is the most flexible for its actual use, but if none of the packages really suit you then you may get the most money for the PS3 option if you want to sell it to finance something else.

Upto you to decide what you really want to do.

Coming from a playstation fanboy:
Take the ps3. It got a built in Blue ray player. And you can use it as a media server client xD , just plug in the ps3 on your router and use your PC as a media server.

A laptop is nice but as been said it's not a full PC replacement, it will always have shortcomings over a real desktop computer.

The printer is a steaming pile of wank also.

I would get PS3 because...
- WII is crap.

- PS3 is awesome

- Netbooks aren't brilliant unless you do most of your "computing", on a train or in a closet. They are great little machines but I imagine would become infuriating for day to day stuff or trying to do any actualy work on.

- Printer is a complete waste of time and money.

If I were in your position, I'm getting a gift, something I wouldn't normally have, so therefore, PS3. If your PC is in need of replacing thats more of an investment, as you will use it a lot and then you can spend money appropriately on getting what you need. Then you have a suitable Laptop/PC and a shiney PS3, instead of a crappy netbook and then eventually you get a proper laptop/pc anyway.

Just bought myself a new PS3 slim and I totally love it! It's a great little toy. The Media client functions are good and it hooks up to my NAS so I don't even need a PC to be on in order to stream media to it. As a gaming platform it's no high powered PC but it does do what it does very well. It's quck and easy to use, reasonable graphics (I use a 42" Panasonic Plasma 1080p) and has nice features like ships with wireless built in and wireless controller.

Oh and it's a damm fine Blu-ray player too... Although I've already got a dedicated player so I don't use it too much for Blu's.

The wii is a novelty toy for none gamers which isn't even HD capable! don't bother! Netbooks are great portable devices but useless for full time computing as they are too small to be comfortable and very slow at anything other than basic functions like browsing.

ps: Hi MYM!!

Last edited:
uncharted 2 coming soon (uncharted 1 also a recommended) (+Assassins creed 2 coming soon which will be very nice on big screen)
and in march 2010 the mother of all racing games : Gran turismo 5 :drool:

uncharted 2 coming soon (uncharted 1 also a recommended) (+Assassins creed 2 coming soon which will be very nice on big screen)
and in march 2010 the mother of all racing games : Gran turismo 5 :drool:

play.com...
Pre-order. | Due for release on 04/12/2009

GT5 better be out soon, been waiting for like 18 months!

well GT5 ok, the new NFS is awsome as well!

aye Uncharted 2 and Assassins Creed 2...sooo soon :D!

Just bought Fifa 2010 one week ago, hopefully coming at the end of this week

Is the new NFS better than Most Wanted? For me that's the best racing game ever purely because of the cop chases (the races were a bit balls at times thanks to the infuriating catchup coding). The cops were so good they should have had their own game, so if the new NFS beats MW I might just get it!

I'm going to get the PS3 ihave decided already, havent decided yet if i will sell it or keep it to tell you the thurth the only attractive point for me is the online possibilities, playing some online FPS. (is the online gamming performance nice on the ps3 ? like ping etc?)

and hello TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :P

<offtopic> the new nfs game is totally different, it's more a simulation game like grid. i don't like it </offtopic>

<offtopic>agreed, no where near as good as MW, and not even as good as Carbon (which also sucks imo)</offtopic>

Is the new NFS better than Most Wanted? For me that's the best racing game ever purely because of the cop chases (the races were a bit balls at times thanks to the infuriating catchup coding). The cops were so good they should have had their own game, so if the new NFS beats MW I might just get it!

no it cannot top Most Wanted since it is a total different gaming genre...more a simulation, but still ace!

Ping is good on ps3. You just connect it to your modem/router and it will get the same speeds as your pc. (depends on the server).
Been playing Resident Evil 5 co-op with a friend, totally awesome :D

Yer ping is good, never had too much probs with it. Just check the connection signal of the person / server ur connecting to. Esp in fighting games this is important :)