Program1

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Suicidal

Here to inspire...
Jun 25, 2001
Tower of Babel
Everytime I start Win2k it asks me to rename the 'Program Files' folder to 'Program1' :\

Things I have tired so far....

Using the Windows Repair thing - that did Jack Shite to help

Installed some more case fans, cos my case was pretty hot. didn't help though

I re-installed Windows - The error was still there

I re-formatted my hard drive, fresh install of windows - It worked ok for a day, but now i am getting the same error again.

It has stopped some of my applications working properly, but i don't know what else to try to sort it out.
Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know what i could do to fix it?

My guess is my hard drive is fucked, but I don't know :\

don't know shite about win2k but "program1" or "progra~1" is the dos-name (1 byte) for that folder i think

maybe you need ntfs instead of fat32 or summin

but don't listen to me - i dunno how win2k works etc. - sry :(

maybe.... search the registry or win.ini or systemfiles like that (in win98se reachable by executing "sysedit" in the 'startmenu' - 'execute' ) for entries that say "program1"

OR

search for dos-fragments that may be left on your system from the time before win2k

OR

search the registry (execute 'regedit' (in win98se it works)) for entries of "program1" ). maybe it is a lame lill virus or something like that ?

OR

check your version of win2k (maybe there is another (newer) release available or a patch/bugfix ?