Problems with old game

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

(s)AINT

Official Shinon's favourite target since 2007!
Feb 12, 2007
Messina,Sicily
Hi all. As u all know I am a total noob at PC stuff so I'm here asking for some help.

Some days ago I've found an old game I used to play. It's called "Les 24 heures du Le Mans" or w/e. Well, to make it run I changed the compatibility in the .exe file and indeed it runs now. Though I can't play the principle mod of it,that is the 24 hours of Le Mans race lol. All the other mods run perfectly, from Arcade to Training to Championship and so on. Also the track of Le Mans perfectly runs in Training mod but not in "24 hours race" mod. How the hell is that possible?

Tnx in advance!

Whats the operating system, patches installed?

Any error messages?

System is XP and I had to set compatibility as Windows 2000 and it works fine with almost all stuff. No patches installed.

No error messages, it just goes back to desktop after loading the track lol =\

Try rightclicking the .exe Then Properties,
At top select Compability tab, There check the box for Compability mode and try different windows versions (or the dos if possible)

Provare il rightclicking. Exe Poi Proprietà,
in alto a selezionare compatibilità scheda Vi seleziona la casella di controllo per la modalità compatibilità e provare diverse versioni di Windows (o il dos se possibile)

If you haven't already done so, try turning DEP off, or certainly putting an exception on the app you're trying to run.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352

Btw, having a look at the link u wrote, i prolly guess what u mean. Though to change those options i have to log in as administrator. So I restarted pc and logged in as admin but still it doesnt let me change any option, nor i can find the file it says is necessary to change anything, that is the boot.ini file :confused:

Attachments

• Immagine.JPG
    Immagine.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 25
Btw which game exactly is it? Is it Test Drive Le Mans 24? I tried googling abit but I only came across gay french sites, but that was the game I think, made by atari ?

Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
look at the article he linked

what for an error code is shown or could be seen in the eventlog (start -> run -> eventvwr)
does this game has any patches you didnt install?

Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
look at the article he linked

what for an error code is shown or could be seen in the eventlog (start -> run -> eventvwr)
does this game has any patches you didnt install?

I had a look at that article and if u have a look at the pic i posted u'll see I've followed the instructions there but it just doesnt let me change any option even if im logged as admin :gay:

About the eventvwr, well I tried to run the game again and i made it crash trying to load that track, then i did what u said but no error shown.

About the patches. Well, when i used to play this game on windows 98 it perfectly worked without installing anything more than what was located in the cd itself. I did install everything needed.

Lololol here it is the gay boot.ini. As far as i can see,to disable this DEP I should have had to edit it, replacing NoExecute=xxxxx with Execute. though here is the boot.ini file and as u can see it was already set like it should be set to disactivate it :x

Attachments

• Immagine.JPG
    Immagine.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 30
I had a look at that article and if u have a look at the pic i posted u'll see I've followed the instructions there but it just doesnt let me change any option even if im logged as admin :gay:

About the eventvwr, well I tried to run the game again and i made it crash trying to load that track, then i did what u said but no error shown.

About the patches. Well, when i used to play this game on windows 98 it perfectly worked without installing anything more than what was located in the cd itself. I did install everything needed.
It doesnt mean shit that it ran under Win98. Win98 and WinXP are way to different for a comparision. Plus you had back in 99 other hardware and other drivers.
Well sometimes a patch is released to solve probs with winxp. But dont be too confident.
Some old Win98 games aint able to be run under WinXP. Got some of those games myself.

Well firstly, I think you must have a virus Saint, because all of your dialogs are written with funny letters. :uhh: :P

Secondly, yes you found the boot ini; I'm guessing /Execute is the same as /NoExecute=AlwaysOff, so I guess that's why the dialog is disabled.

Oh well :/